Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Derryvillan said:

Won more headers tonight than the defence.Too old too train as a CD?;)

Not at all, he could even play sweeper behind Chester and Elphick, sticking Bacuna and Amavi as proper wing backs.... hmm 

• Like 3

JEDINAK SETTLES IN FOR VILLA PROMOTION PUSH

SOCCEROOS captain Mile Jedinak had a rough start to life at Aston Villa.

But after taking a few weeks to settle in, the aggressive midfielder has started to make his mark at his new club.

During the week leading up to Aston Villa’s game against Queen’s Park Rangers, Jedinak sat down with the Birmingham Mail’s Gregg Evans and opened up on the club’s push for promotion back to the Premier League.

Jedinak, who played a crucial role in Crystal Palace’s push to the top flight, said it was crucial to maintain intensity in every game in order to secure promotion.

“I know how difficult it is to get out of this division and we won’t get out of this league by just turning up,” he said.

“Everybody wants to show up when they play against us because we are the biggest club in the division.

“We just have to recognise that we represent a club that is trying to do something special, but also something that is very difficult in the modern game.

“Through my own experiences, I know that we’re not that far off. I get excited by that thought so now it is about understanding that we’ve been chosen to play here so we all have a job to do.

“Let’s not put any boundaries and restrictions on where that can get us. Let’s just go and do it and do it the best way we can and see where it gets us.”

He’s also relishing working with Steve Bruce in the club’s promotion push. Villa are currently 13th on 31 points.

“I think from the get-go he’s been fantastic.

“He’s a straight shooter and tells us how it is, win lose or draw.

“For our group that is what is needed.

“He enjoys being around the group. He enjoys being manager of this club and the challenge it brings.

“We’re enjoying working with him as a group.

“We’re trying to take on board everything that is asked of us and interpreting that the best way we can on the pitch.

“Recently it hasn’t been the best result-wise, but rest assured he’ll be doing everything that he can, and so will I to make sure it all connects.”

Appropriately, the uncompromising midfielder put in another strong shift sitting in front of Villa’s defence as his team secured a 1-0 win against Massimo Luongo’s Rangers.

Evans gave Jedinak’s performance a 7/10, writing “the enforcer leads by example and was once again a driving force in the middle of the park.”

Freddie Shires from HITC Sport also gave the Socceroos skipper 7/10, noting ”while guilty of some sloppy passes, the Australian midfielder’s grit and physicality in the centre of the park proved invaluable.”

Interestingly, Evans also noted Villa may need a secondary penalty taker, with forward Jonathan Kodjia missing from the spot. With Jedinak consistently taking the job for the Socceroos, could we see the midfielder step up at club level in time?

Certainly, a few Villa fans seemed to think so.

I removed links to random twitter accounts throughout the article. You can find the original article here, halfway down the page

On 12/26/2016 at 19:48, sne said:

He is still good(ish) at what he does, but doesn't do enough.

Ridiculously limited and useless with his feet.

Still our only useful CM, midfield really is a horror show.

Scratch that, he's useless.

At least in a 2 man CM.

We have no presence in midfield. Each year over the last 5 years our midfield has got progressively worse. The idea that Jedinak offers the defence protection and is a hard man ( both untrue) is completely a redundant point because and here's the thing...he is a very very poor footballer. I'd have bridcutt, o'kane( who i called for in the summer) in over our lot in a heartbeat. They can play football. Simple.

2 minutes ago, midian said:

Looked knackered tonight think the  2 games in few days hasnt helped him

Another out again, your entitled to your opinion though. Same with the whole" he needs to play in a 3 man midfield, he needs someone beside him to do the running" If there are so many weaknesses in Jedinak's game then the solution isn't to tweak it to suit him . He is woeful. I know what my eyes see.

Â