James Chester

KJT123

28 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

A minor knock? He’s supposed to be a rough, tough centre back, you’d think he’d love to be playing in this fixture, biggest game of the season 

If you're injured, you're injured.

There's no point playing sometime who's struggling to run, but that's still considered a minor knock in football. Also, it would be stupid to risk making the injury worse, especially given how few centre backs we have.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If you're injured, you're injured.

There's no point playing sometime who's struggling to run, but that's still considered a minor knock in football. Also, it would be stupid to risk making the injury worse, especially given how few centre backs we have.

Considering how few centre backs we currently have, he should be chomping at the bit to play in this match in my opinion

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Considering how few centre backs we currently have, he should be chomping at the bit to play in this match in my opinion

I'm sure he wants to play. But... If he's injured, there's not much that can be done about that really? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not if it's likely seriously to aggravate the injury and put him out for several weeks. I trust Chester and the physios to make the right call. If it means missing the local derby to make sure he's fit for the next run of games, so be it. This is small heath's cup final, not ours - we have a longer gameplan to think about. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

why would you risk your career for a game against a small team, its hardly a big final or a once in a lifetime game

It’s a local derby, bragging rights are at stake, biggest game of the season. In my opinion, he’s hardly risking his career, he’s a slight doubt

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s a local derby, bragging rights are at stake, biggest game of the season. In my opinion, he’s hardly risking his career, he’s a slight doubt

Sorry don't agree here, it's an interesting side show but it's still only 3 points at the end of the day. 

I'd go as far as saying we have more important games in the next 4 or 5; Our rivals for where we want to get to.

No point in him risking injury that could derail our season if he is touch and go.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Sorry don't agree here, it's an interesting side show but it's still only 3 points at the end of the day. 

I'd go as far as saying we have more important games in the next 4 or 5; Our rivals for where we want to get to.

No point in him risking injury that could derail our season if he is touch and go.

Besides, it's not as if we're playing Barcelona! We don't need our best players to beat that load of sh1t from up the road. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Can you expand?

The discussion was around whether the Welsh FA would have to compensate us for James Chester getting injured in an International game.

My point was that if James Chester is "unlikely" for the blues game or "there's a chance" he'll play then we can assume he's only going to be out for a game or two.

That's what I would consider a minor knock. It's a small injury.

FAs don't have to compensate clubs for small knocks picked up on International duty otherwise they'd be paying money to every club at every international break.

I don't know what you were on about in regards to him wanting to play vs Blues. I'm sure he absolutely does want to play. but if you're injured then you're injured.

Yeah, even if it is minor, just compensating, using different muscle groups differently to offset for where the pain is he could end up doing some more serious damage and be out for a couple of months with a bad muscle injury. That would **** us right up as we'd have to wait to get someone in Jan to cover. Vital he rests and is 100% for a very important run of fixtures after the binners game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

100% - having chester for a difficult xmas period is far more important than having him for blues

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Not if it's likely seriously to aggravate the injury and put him out for several weeks. I trust Chester and the physios to make the right call. If it means missing the local derby to make sure he's fit for the next run of games, so be it. This is small heath's cup final, not ours - we have a longer gameplan to think about. 

I agree with this part and I think he will play.

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe for them. I’d happy lose to them twice if we still got promoted. 

We lose to them and go up its a good season for us, they beat us and go down and its a great season for them

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We lose to them and go up its a good season for us, they beat us and go down and its a great season for them

I still get Bluenoses giving it large about getting a last minute equaliser as VP, they will dine out on a win at VP for at least a decade.

22 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Regardless of how few centre backs we have available I can't believe you'd be happy for him to play if it risked him making a small injury into a major one. What happens if he made it a whole lot worse 3 minutes into the game and missed the whole christmas period? Would you be happy that it was worth it to play him purely because he was chomping at the bit?

31 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I still get Bluenoses giving it large about getting a last minute equaliser as VP, they will dine out on a win at VP for at least a decade.

True but I hope we never see the day that the biggest game for our fans in a season becomes beating the blues. 

Â