James Chester

KJT123

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Gary Cahill did, why can’t Bedeau? I think he can

No he didn't. He went on loan first and got game time at a smaller club (LOL)

I remember back in the days of the old BBC 606 message boards Burnley fans stating he was outstanding and would play for England one day.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Gary Cahill did, why can’t Bedeau? I think he can

I’m pretty sure Cahill had a loan spell somewhere and got game time before going in at CB. Which is basically my point. 

No offence SGC, but you think every youth player we ever have is amazing and can easily make the step up. 

You’re sometimes right, but forgive me for taking your enthusiasm with a pinch of salt. 

If Bedeau is ready then I will be as happy as anyone. I was just giving my opinion as to why I think that’s unlikely. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

My opinion is that the only way to find out if Bedeau (or anyone else) is good enough is to play them...we are going to have to sometime, so why not now?  I would prefer to play him rather than Jedinak.  I won't judge him on one game and who's to say but he could save us a lot of money in the longterm.  

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

No offence SGC, but you think every youth player we ever have is amazing and can easily make the step up. 

You’re sometimes right, but forgive me for taking your enthusiasm with a pinch of salt. 

If Bedeau is ready then I will be as happy as anyone. I was just giving my opinion as to why I think that’s unlikely. 

Think players need to be treated as individuals and not compared to others their age and when they made their debuts etc.

Ive watched a lot of youth team and U23s, think Jacob could do a job in an emergency, but probably not ready to be a constant starter over Jedinak. Had a bit of a shocker against Reading but looked solid in other games.

Its all about opinions of course, Bruce didnt think Tuanzebe was ready for a centre back role, but Smith has proven otherwise as Axel has excelled there. There hasnt been any need to mess with the partnership of Chester and Tuanzebe so we don't know what opinion Smith has formed of Bedeau yet, but I wouldnt be surprised if he was on the bench if Chester is out for the blues clash. 

(Sorry Stevo din't mean to quote you here, but the editor isnt letting me delete the quote)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, westholmevillan said:

My opinion is that the only way to find out if Bedeau (or anyone else) is good enough is to play them...we are going to have to sometime, so why not now?  I would prefer to play him rather than Jedinak.  I won't judge him on one game and who's to say but he could save us a lot of money in the longterm.  

I do half agree. You never know until you play them. 

But that’s usually us the fans that know. 

The coaches and manager will have a pretty good idea if the player is good enough without having to play him. And like I said, considering Bedeau hasnt featured in the first team at all yet (as far as I know), I’d be very surprised if he suddenly thrown in as a starting CB. 

Edited by Stevo985

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I do half agree. You never know until you play them. 

But that’s usually us the fans that know. 

The coaches and manager will have a pretty good idea if the player is good enough without having to play him. And like I said, considering Bedeau hangnail featured in the first team at all yet (as far as I know), I’d be very surprised if he suddenly thrown in as a starting CB. 

If Chester is out, who else is there?

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If Chester is out, who else is there?

It will probably be Jedinak. 

Bree and Hutton have also been used there so they could step in. 

I trust Smith to make the right call. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If Hutton plays  cb, we might as well not turn up next week.

Whilst I don’t want to see Hutton at centre back we really need to get this one player out of position means we will lose mentally out of our heads. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I don’t want to see Hutton at centre back we really need to get this one player out of position means we will lost mentally out of our heads. 

It worked so well under bruce though didn't it? Jedinak at cb is bad but hutton there would be 10x worse.

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It worked so well under bruce though didn't it? Jedinak at cb is bad but hutton there would be 10x worse.

Bruce’s whole game was focused around defence first so if it was weak it would mean we would struggle. 

Smith wants us to take the game to the opposition. Defend from the front, press high, win the ball back all over the field and then keep it.

If an alteration in defence for one player playing out of position means we will definitely lose to the Blues then we can forget about even making playoffs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce’s whole game was focused around defence first so if it was weak it would mean we would struggle. 

Smith wants us to take the game to the opposition. Defend from the front, press high, win the ball back all over the field and then keep it.

If an alteration in defence for one player playing out of position means we will definitely lose to the Blues then we can forget about even making playoffs. 

Yes regardless of that you can't expect that we won't have to defend for periods of the game. That's the worst regardless of tactics. Unless Smith intends to use a extra dm (I can't see it myself) its worrying having a cb pairing of tuanzebe and jedinak/bree/hutton.  Bree is too small to deal with jukawicz

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If Hutton plays  cb, we might as well not turn up next week.

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Jedinak at cb is bad but hutton there would be 10x worse.

Wow Dem. That is blowing it out of proportion is it not. What is your hyperbole based on?

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Wow Dem. That is blowing it out of proportion is it not. What is your hyperbole based on?

Hutton is not a cb mate. He struggles enough at rb what chance would we have with him at cb? I woukd rather see a youngster who plays cb than hutton there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hutton is not a cb mate. He struggles enough at rb what chance would we have with him at cb? I woukd rather see a youngster who plays cb than hutton there.

I totally understand Hutton is not a CB.

I have said a few times and I agree all day - he is no longer as effective at his natural RB either. However, his time he has played at LB has been very acceptable and rightly earned his one year extension. I class him now as more of a LB than a RB since he has played there more in the last 12 months than he has at RB.

I have never ever seen or been aware that Hutton has ever played at CB (someone correct me if I'm wrong) in his career anywhere so to write him off based on no eveidence or maybe personal dislike of a player is a little strange.

So for that unknown entity alone I would still trust that he would give a better 90 minute display as a centre back for one game than what Jedinak would imo - and that's also without ever seeing him at CB either.  :thumb:

• Like 1

Â