James Chester

KJT123

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t if you’re joking or not, the wink suggests you are, I’d hope so because there’s nothing better than a second city derby

Well I was joking in so much as I was suggesting we'll definitely be in the playoff final.

But if we do end up in the playoff final then it is 100% bigger than a game vs Blues. Way, WAY bigger.

Obviously a local derby is a big game, one of the biggest of the season if we're honest. But if we have a successful season then we should have a few that are comfortably bigger. Any playoff game is bigger than a game vs a lower half championship team, even if they are our local rivals.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

£200m bigger!

Although... Imagine a playoff final against SHA.

I was actually thinking about that last night. It would be carnage. Imagine the trains there and back!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s the biggest game of the season, a local derby, we have 1 fully fit centre back in Axel Tuanzebe. I’d be extremely worried if Chester wasn’t chomping at the bit to play in this fixture. If he wasn’t, then I’d question his desire and application 

Desire has nothing to do with it.

If you're injured, you're injured.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s like you’re all ganging up on me because I have a different opinion to you. We are nowhere near the finished article, we’re 11th in the league....why are you talking about top 2?

Because we are Aston Villa and that should be the aim. I don’t think anyone could argue that for a club our size in this league that should be the aim. 

I’m not saying for one moment any club has a the right to a top two place as I believe over the course of the season you finish most times where you deserve. However Villa should have an target for automatic promotion.

Also thank you for letting me know where we are in the league, very helpful!

• Like 2

I think, SGC, that the answer possibly depends on where you live.

To me, Birmingham City are just another team. I have no feelings about them one way or the other. I just want to beat them, same as I want to beat any other team we come up against.

19 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

To me, Birmingham City are just another team. I have no feelings about them one way or the other. I just want to beat them, same as I want to beat any other team we come up against.

Agreed to an extent but I hate the manager, the fans, the players, the stadium, the training ground, the manager, the back room staff, I detest the club from top to bottom. You have no feelings one way or the other? You call yourself a true fan. To be fair, I think Monk is a quality manager but I still hate him because he manages them

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Agreed to an extent but I hate the manager, the fans, the players, the stadium, the training ground, the manager, the back room staff, I detest the club from top to bottom. You have no feelings one way or the other? You call yourself a true fan. To be fair, I think Monk is a quality manager but I still hate him because he manages them

A bit rough, SGC. And you are placing many of the posters on this thread in the same category as you are placing me. I was merely trying to explain why our views differ.

I love my football, and I watch many teams - perhaps you need to broaden your horizons. 

Anyway, I will say no more on this subject. I am a big fan of yours, and I admire your constant enthusiasm. Never change.

42 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Well I now live in Norn Iron and both my boys are Villa Fans.  When they go to the local football camps they love it when they find out one the coaches is a Blues Fan and they tell them exactly how much better Villa are :)  

They both have grown up here but they just know!

52 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Chuckling to myself at the notion of getting riled up about a club's back room staff.  Maybe our two catering teams could meet up after matches and have organised spatula fights?  As long as we've got our top boy (or "head chef", to the layman) we'll show 'em, his parfaits are unmatched and he's done time at a Little Chef so you know he's hard as nails.

Oh, and away with that "true fan" bollocks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I'd consider myself a true fan, yet the game doesn't really bother me too much. I certainly don't "hate" them. My dad and brother are Birmingham City fans and no matter how much I've tried, I've struggled to hate them for it. In fact, it's completely irrelevant and it's just football.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Come on mate. There should be no place in football for hatred.

i actually dislike Liverpool and Man U fans more than bluenoses. 

At least the latter support their local team.

• Like 2

For me, born early 80’s but not getting into football properly until early 90’s; we never played the blues during my formative years. Plus living in the Black Country, we never really knew any Blues fans. Therefore I’ve never built up that hatred towards them. It was mainly, Utd (who let’s be honest most people hate) and Liverpool who I hated. Later on albion (because of their fans).

Do I want to win the game Sunday, of course, but it’s not that important in the grand scheme of the season to beat them. I want to build momentum and a win does that.

As for Chester, hope he’s fit but if he’s less than 100% no way we risk, he’s far too important for rest of season.

• Like 1

Â