James Chester

KJT123

Our issues earlier in the season were bigger than individual defensive performances. No matter who played at the back they struggled because we weren’t playing or defending as a team. We were all over the place. 

We should bein better position to cope with injuries if the whole squad are learning to play a certain way. Smith is making it about the team and this means every squad players need to learn how Villa will play. Our games should not be decided by individual performances. 

53 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Based on nothing whatsoever, I think Chester will be fine to play, as will McGinn.

I think we don’t know how serious the injury is yet? And he walked off, not stretchered.

On that basis I’m with you, he will be OK. Panic button being pressed in some other parts I think.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Our issues earlier in the season were bigger than individual defensive performances. No matter who played at the back they struggled because we weren’t playing or defending as a team. We were all over the place. 

We should bein better position to cope with injuries if the whole squad are learning to play a certain way. Smith is making it about the team and this means every squad players need to learn how Villa will play. Our games should not be decided by individual performances. 

I can see where you are coming with this. Be interesting to see how Jedi would play in this team. He would certainly add another dimension from set peices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

What annoys me the most is (like most of the Wales squad), he isn't even Welsh!!! 

His mothers welsh  though so technically he is half welsh, I get where your coming from though

19 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

His mothers welsh  though so technically he is half welsh, I get where your coming from though

I don't. EDIT: Actually maybe I do. I'm half scottish but would feel a bit cheeky playing for Scotland.

I still would though Alex, if you're listening.

Edited by praisedmambo

30 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

Ok...we've established that he's Welsh and injured.  Would anyone risk playing Bedeau or don't you think he's ready?  Over the years there are numerous players who have made their league debut in big matches and performed well....why not Bedeau?

I think he’s more than capable, this decade’s Gary Cahill. For me, Bedeau is outstanding 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, westholmevillan said:

Ok...we've established that he's Welsh and injured.  Would anyone risk playing Bedeau or don't you think he's ready?  Over the years there are numerous players who have made their league debut in big matches and performed well....why not Bedeau?

I think if Bedeau was good enough he'd have made a few appearances already.

People always like to suggest the kids are ready but I think the step up from youth football to first team football is often underestimated.

I can't say he's not ready as I've not watched him play. But I'd be surprised if he made the leap from youth to starting CB successfully.

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think if Bedeau was good enough he'd have made a few appearances already.

People always like to suggest the kids are ready but I think the step up from youth football to first team football is often underestimated.

I can't say he's not ready as I've not watched him play. But I'd be surprised if he made the leap from youth to starting CB successfully.

Why? He’s only 18 years old, to write him off without seeing him play is foolish in my opinion 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pas5898 said:

What annoys me the most is (like most of the Wales squad), he isn't even Welsh!!! 

It's a good job you haven't been a fan of the English cricket team for the last few years! 

• Like 2

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

You said ‘I think if Bedeau was good enough, he would’ve made a few appearances already’ which implies that you don’t think he’s good enough, no?

I meant if he was good enough right now. We're talking about him stepping into the first team immediately for Chester if Chester is injured.

My point was I imagine if he was good enough to immediately start in the first team then we would have seen him around first team squads a lot more.

I've never seen him play so I can't comment on his ability. But usually players don't go from youth teams to starting centre backs over night. It's not impossible, I just think it's very unlikely we'll see him used in Chester's absence.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I meant if he was good enough right now. We're talking about him stepping into the first team immediately for Chester if Chester is injured.

My point was I imagine if he was good enough to immediately start in the first team then we would have seen him around first team squads a lot more.

I've never seen him play so I can't comment on his ability. But usually players don't go from youth teams to starting centre backs over night. It's not impossible, I just think it's very unlikely we'll see him used in Chester's absence.

Gary Cahill did, why can’t Bedeau? I think he can

Â