James Chester

KJT123

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

Regardless of how few centre backs we have available I can't believe you'd be happy for him to play if it risked him making a small injury into a major one. What happens if he made it a whole lot worse 3 minutes into the game and missed the whole christmas period? Would you be happy that it was worth it to play him purely because he was chomping at the bit?

It’s the biggest game of the season, a local derby, we have 1 fully fit centre back in Axel Tuanzebe. I’d be extremely worried if Chester wasn’t chomping at the bit to play in this fixture. If he wasn’t, then I’d question his desire and application 

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s not the biggest game for us? Why is it for them and not for us? We’re 11th in the league currently

Maybe I shouldn’t try and speak for fans. For me it’s a big game but not the biggest game. Every game is as big as the last because it’s all about promotion for me. Not beating the blues. 

But that’s just me. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe I shouldn’t try and speak for fans. For me it’s a big game but not the biggest game. Every game is as big as the last because it’s all about promotion for me. Not beating the blues. 

But that’s just me. 

What is the biggest game if it’s not a local derby then?

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Games in the run in when we're fighting for promotion are all bigger than a local derby against a tin pot joke of a club 

It's an important game for sure, but it's only the "biggest game of the season" if you aren't fighting for anything else. If we're in the promotion chase in March then every single game between then and the end of the season is bigger and more important than this one 

Its bigger for them than it is for us because we have bigger fish to fry, they have nothing else apart from a potential relegation battle to look forward to 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

A playoff final is bigger. A game where we need three points to make the top six or top two is bigger. How many times do people need to give you an answer for you to actually take it in?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 7392craig said:

It’s our biggest home game of the season, as it stands. We’re talking about games that get us into automatic or play offs, that might not even happen. As it stands, blues at home is our biggest game.

Agree with you, it unites the city, I can’t wait for it, I think you’re absolutely right 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Which we will be watching live and discussing on here after the transfer speculation thread since we will have gone up auto.

I don’t think you should be so complacent, we have no divine right to go up automatically, far from it in fact

6 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

A playoff final is bigger. A game where we need three points to make the top six or top two is bigger. How many times do people need to give you an answer for you to actually take it in?

It’s like you’re all ganging up on me because I have a different opinion to you. We are nowhere near the finished article, we’re 11th in the league....why are you talking about top 2?

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

For me the biggest game is yet to come. Last season it was QPR at home.(in the league). We lost 3-1.  

Bigger than a local derby? For me, there is no bigger game, it unites the whole city, why was QPR the biggest game?

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Bigger than a local derby? For me, there is no bigger game, it unites the whole city, why was QPR the biggest game?

QPR was massive. Win that and we comfortably sit in top 2, continue momentum and put massive pressure on the teams trying to catch us up such as Cardif and Fulham. 

I get what you are saying in terms of it being a massive game as a one off event, an occasion. In that respect I agree. 

I’m thinking in terms of the bigger picture and achieving promotion.  I would rather lose the next game if it meant we went on to win the next 3.  Wheras Blue fans would probably happily lose their next 3 if it meant beating us. You see the difference?

For example Wolves last season was a massive game and a great occasion. But looking back I would have happily lost that if we went on to beat QPR, Bolton and Hull. That one big game took it out of us and for for what? Wolves went on to piss the league anyway.

End of the day it’s all about opinions mate and I respect and understand why you see it as the biggest game of the season. 

For me it’s just another big game that we must win to keep in contention for playoffs.

edit: Chester should be returning. Thank god for that! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Since this post in August  about Ronan Curtis I have watched him a few times. He would be great under Deano if we was interested and can only improve:

Just seen this on the net but alas it's TeamTalk :D! Derby & Leeds have been heavily linked with him! Hope we can get in there first If we was interested!

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/11/23/do-should-aston-villa-use-portsmouth-contacts-to-nab-ronan-curti/

Ronan Curtis might just turn out to be one of the most impressive pieces of business conducted by any club in the Football League across 2018.

Back in May, Portsmouth paid just £100,000 to sign the young forward from Derry City. But you can guarantee that he’ll cost a lot more next year.

TEAMtalk are claiming that Championship promotion chasers Leeds United, Aston Villa and Middesbrough are all keen to sign Curtis on the back of six goals and seven assists in his first few months as a Pompey player.

But surely Aston Villa should be looking to take full advantage of their contacts at Fratton Park. Villa loaned talented winger Andre Green out to the League One leaders in the summer – and the Midland giants should now look to see if Portsmouth are willing to return the favour.

The 22-year-old after all, is exactly the kind of player who should thrive under Dean Smith, a manager who pushed the likes of Ollie Watkins, Neal Maupay, Romain Sawyers on leaps and bounds during his time at Brentford.

So Aston Villa is perhaps the best possible destination for the newly capped Ireland international Curtis, even if he would perhaps have to wait to force himself into the first-team plans.

Edited by Villan4Life

Â