James Chester

KJT123

Just now, Warnock said:

So if we're paying more than £8M for him must mean he's going to be a key player, which I thinks a little unfair on Baker but hey ho.

Id rather be in  a position where we have the option of using tommy, baker or chester than keeping baker happy. Baker is also so injury prone its ridiculous

Just now, Warnock said:

So if we're paying more than £8M for him must mean he's going to be a key player, which I thinks a little unfair on Baker but hey ho.

it doesn't mean that IMO.  More likely after yesterday's debacle extreme measures needed.

Just now, villianusa said:

Our weakness is at RB, so I'd be paying over the odds to get someone in there as priority. Not saying we don't need one more, but wouldn't pay over $8 million for him.

I expect us to buy a new RB as well.

Serious money, in the long term, it is quite uninspiring, but we must get used to our rightful status.

We are a Championship team with smattering of PL quality, with a below Championship standard defence, we have too many players with fragile confidence and a questionable attitude.

Chester fits the bill nicely, I'd be pleased. It's not my money either. I think he'd be reasonable back up in the PL too.

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

Football has truly gone mad.  I know we're desperate but more than £8m for a defender who wasn't good enough to get in the West Brom side?

Has won promotion from this league and played in the prem. Exactly what we need right now. We will have to pay over the odds if we want to get promoted this season. 

Oh and would rather an owner willing to do this not making rdm use richards like randy would have.

Edited by Jareth

If the Manager wants him and the Doc spends the cash that is good enough for me!  Remember kids we are in The Championship we are not going to be attracting Ramos and Pique!

don't care  about money after last night, if it's accelerated this deal so we've not tried to bargain down to save a million or two  then good. 

new right back and central midfielder also big signings needed too. 

7 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I expect us to buy a new RB as well.

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

me too, now

Me three, I have wanted a new one from the start of the summer. We need a solid defensive unit first and foremost, not one with parts that appear out of position causing the team to wobble whenever it comes under pressure.

Â