James Chester

KJT123

Chester is well tidy. Be well chuffed if we got him in. Gutted we didnt put the cash up when Lambert wanted him from Hull. Not the tallest but as was said a few pages back never lets Wales down in a team built on teamwork and workrate whenever Ive watched them.

6 minutes ago, Warnock said:

There's other positions I'd rather we filled first.

Oh come on! There is no position that needs sorting out first more than central defence. It should have been done the week RDM was made manager, let alone one week and two defeats out of two into the season.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warnock said:

There's other positions I'd rather we filled first.

You're old enough and wise enough to know it doesn't work like that. 

It needs to be done. Last night showed just how woefully short we are of quality at the back. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, meme said:

*demands xia spends money*

*immediately criticises when 8m is spent in a key position*

Like the two arent mutually exclusive and like it is the same people doing both.

FWIW I think XIa needs to spend a load of money,  perhaps more than he is prepared to.  I also think Chester would be a decent signing for us.  I dont think he is worth 8M but who am I to judge.

Where does that put me in the argument you have forwarded?

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

He's better than Richards/Okore/Lescott.

Agreed. Just interested to see the price. Surely WBA are taking a hit on the £8m they paid for him last summer, he's not been playing for them.

Edited by villa89

Also yes we need a RB more (more like 2 of them), but that doesn't mean we shouldn't sign a CB...that we also need. You don't sign players in order of need...but availability. Especially when you have something resembling a blank check (thankfully X gon' give it to us).

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Like the two arent mutually exclusive and like it is the same people doing both.

FWIW I think XIa needs to spend a load of money,  perhaps more than he is prepared to.  I also think Chester would be a decent signing for us.  I dont think he is worth 8M but who am I to judge.

Where does that put me in the argument you have forwarded?

Stuck in the middle with me! :D

23 minutes ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

Oh...

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Are we rumoured to be paying £8m then?

5 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Oh come on! There is no position that needs sorting out first more than central defence. It should have been done the week RDM was made manager, let alone one week and two defeats out of two into the season.

Retracted my like as we did sign Elphick in quick time. 

• Like 1

This has probably been in the works for a while. I doubt it's just a reaction to last night. I could be wrong but I don't think you bid for a player and then end up having official talks with the player on the same day.

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

A friend of mine played against him 2 weeks ago, he said that he's average and isn't anything special.

Doesn't understand why were paying 8m for him

You're basing his ability off a friendly? 

Have you never seen him play yourself? 

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

A friend of mine played against him 2 weeks ago, he said that he's average and isn't anything special.

Doesn't understand why were paying 8m for him

because we have players worse

Â