James Chester

KJT123

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You're basing his ability off a friendly? 

Have you never seen him play yourself? 

This is not based on my opinion, i'm just highlighting another professional footballers opinion.

I'm up for the signing tbh 

• Like 1

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

Because we are a better club - because of money - because he is settled in the midlands.  Any one or more of those I would say.

We used to be a better club but are not better now and can't offer top flight football, he will get more money at Middlesborough than at Aston Villa so I'd say he is more likely to go to Boro given the choice

4 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

A friend of mine played against him 2 weeks ago, he said that he's average and isn't anything special.

Doesn't understand why were paying 8m for him

I can understand that comment if it was 4 weeks ago and said friend is Cristiano Ronaldo.

Just now, KHV said:

We used to be a better club but are not better now and can't offer top flight football, he will get more money at Middlesborough than at Aston Villa so I'd say he is more likely to go to Boro given the choice

We are still a better club in my eyes - all day long. 

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

This is not based on my opinion, i'm just highlighting another professional footballers opinion.

I'm up for the signing tbh 

Who does your mate play for? My Albion supporting friend wants to know as he has been to every friendly this summer and is interested. 

• Like 1

I was talking to a colleague today about the money.

Does this present VALUE to Villa?

- Is he an upgrade on existing players? I'd say so yes.

- Will we will be able to sell him on for the same, if not more money?  Probably not, unless he really comes on and gets us up this year.

- Will he be on silly wages? I imagine not too crazy, maybe £25,000 a week?  Acceptable.

- Will he help us get promoted?  Well he's better than pillow man (aka Richards).

Conclusion;

Yes, even for an inflated fee of 8-10m, if he gets us up 1st time, then we'll be rolling in the money anyway.

29 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Has won promotion from this league and played in the prem. Exactly what we need right now. We will have to pay over the odds if we want to get promoted this season. 

Oh and would rather an owner willing to do this not making rdm use richards like randy would have.

Yeah - I'm sure he'll do a job.  I'm sure he's better than most of our current options.  And I'm happy we're spending and addressing the (many) problems.  

My comment was more a general 'football WTF?' once again in relation to how much some players go for these days.

9 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Because we are a better club 

In your eyes, maybe. In his, I highly doubt it.

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

We are still a better club in my eyes - all day long. 

That's because your a fan of Aston Villa. I wouldn't be rushing to join Aston Villa if I was a proffesional player unless I was from the lower leagues, the club is a shambles, the results are embarrassing and the fans are abusive towards players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

That's because your a fan of Aston Villa. I wouldn't be rushing to join Aston Villa if I was a proffesional player unless I was from the lower leagues, the club is a shambles, the results are embarrassing and the fans are abusive towards players.

So is James Chester. 

New RB - Chester - Elphick - Amavi

Even if we sign a garden gnome to play RB, that looks much strongr that what we have seen in the first 2 games. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

New RB - Chester - Elphick - Amavi

Even if we sign a garden gnome to play RB, that looks much strongr that what we have seen in the first 2 games. 

He'll go well with Elphick then, etc and so on.

Â