James Chester

KJT123

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

<-------- this guy was 5' 9" and he was a fairly handy defender by all accounts.

Bit of a special case thou.

We already have the Scottish Cafu, might as well add the Welsh Cannavaro I guess...

Pages of posts dissecting the transfer fee rather than the only thing that matters which is whether he'll improve the side or not.  One million or ten million.  We still end up with the exact same player on the pitch.  I'm going to safely assume that he is hugely better than Micah Richards.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

How did he fare in the championship?

Well according to Wiki. Was an ever present, Came runner up in the player of the year awards in 2012, and interestingly excelled playing in a 3 man defence. I say interestingly because as thats the way the Welsh play, i wonder if our interest in him could point to a change in shape?

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Well according to Wiki. Was an ever present, Came runner up in the player of the year awards in 2012, and interestingly excelled playing in a 3 man defence. I say interestingly because as thats the way the Welsh play, i wonder if our interest in him could point to a change in shape?

I was on about Cannavaro.:)

Actually your answer was quite informative. Although i dont want no runner up!

1 hour ago, dpt666 said:

If Chester does sign hopefully he will play in a 3

3-4-3

Gollini

Chester

Elphick

Baker

Bacuna 

Westwood

New quality midfielder

Amavi

Traore 

McCormick

Ayew

Yeh, that will stop us conceding goals..

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Pages of posts dissecting the transfer fee rather than the only thing that matters which is whether he'll improve the side or not.  One million or ten million.  We still end up with the exact same player on the pitch.  I'm going to safely assume that he is hugely better than Micah Richards.

Indeed. We paid less for Elphick than we received for Clark, its swings and roundabouts, and in the current market its almost impossible to accurately access a transfer fee. 

Chester instantly improves our defence, thats all the matters.  

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I was on about Cannavaro.:)

Actually your answer was quite informative. Although i dont want no runner up!

Note to self

Read posts before posting :)

25 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

<-------- this guy was 5' 9" and he was a fairly handy defender by all accounts.

I'm on the bus looking at this on my phone and looking at the guy this is pointing at seriously makes me question your judgement. :)

• Like 4

Â