James Chester

KJT123

4 minutes ago, Gillz said:

I've not watched a lot of Chester domestically, but have done when he's been playing for Wales. From his debut against the Dutch a few years ago, to our wonder run in the Euros.

He's a solid player, who is comfortable on the ball, will never shy away from a challenge or receiving the ball (he's not the type of player who will point aimlessly when a team mate is looking for a pass). 

As a defender he is more than competent. Strong in the air, doesn't lunge into tackles and has decent positioning/awareness (helped by playing in a back 3 or at RB)

I suppose the best way i can pass judgement on him is the fact that ive only ever seen him out of his depth twice. Once against Hazard, and secondly in the summer against Ronaldo....so after 5 years when we are in the Champions League we can be worried, until then, it will be a good signing. 

I'm sold - get him in.

• Like 1

How much?

After watching The Chuckle Brothers last night, anybody would be an upgrade.

Highly rated at Hull, was he at Utd prior to that?

Look we cant be too picky, hes experienced, hes willing to play for us, and from what i have seen he knows how to play at CH, so a bonus.

12 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

We need a group of model professional players and he is one of them.

Pretty concerned about his height though himself and Elphick are similar heights. But i guess if he has a good leap then it shouldn't be a problem

Im worried too, elphick is barely knee high so to pair him with a Borrower is asking for trouble.

1 minute ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

Oh...

Well we asked for money to be spent. In today's market they were never going to sell at a loss. 

Hes an improvement on Richards and Okore, and most likely Baker so I'm all for it. If he makes us more solid and have a clue on how to defend then it's a no brainer. 

Â