Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Selling 1 old championship striker, to acquire another "old" championship striker who can't cut it in the Premier League sounds a bit daft to me. We shouldn't be signing any strikers unless they are younger, with potential to be at, or better than Kodjia at the very least. I still don't get why some people are so desperate to spunk money on "Championship" players unless we are preparing for a long stay, or promotion and instant relegation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a bit of paper talk about him potentially going in January today. 

If he does go how much would we get for him? £8m? Or would he just be loaned out. Can't see either eventuality happening to be honest. I think he's here until next summer when he'll leave at a huge loss.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a bit of paper talk about him potentially going in January today. 

Good. Waste of 12M cant see us getting much more than 5M if that .  What an absolute waste of money.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Richard said:

Good. Waste of 12M cant see us getting much more than 5M if that .  What an absolute waste of money.

Yup, with hindsight I feel the same way too. It's such a shame that money was given to a bloke who had no idea what he was doing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yup, with hindsight I feel the same way too. It's such a shame that money was given to a bloke who had no idea what he was doing. 

On saying that though I really rate a lot of his other signings.  Chester,  Tshibola (when played!), Kodjia (who i saw for Bristol v Burton and was not overly impressed but has looked the real deal for us), Gollini (despite to be expected mistakes from a young keeper has looked very capable to me), De Laat (prior to injury looked very decent), Adomah,  Jedinak (after shakey settling start).

The only one I would say was a definite total waste was Mccormack for 12M on that age of player .

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Richard said:

He has been here what, 3 months plus change?:rolleyes:

:crylaugh:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Give the lad a chance, he's barely played so far... and still has almost the most assists in our team.

He will be back in the squad by the next game and by January will be an important player for us. Lets be honest he isn't going to be any worse than Gabby or Gestede. 

I don't get this whole 'sell them in January' culture that has started over the last few weeks. We are losing 3 key players in January due to AFCON, we need McCormack firing by then.

Completely agree. We are going to need him in January and he could be the difference between us getting into the playoffs or not! 

12 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Especially to someone like Norwich who we will potentially be fighting for a playoff place or could even play in the playoffs.

exactly, the teams most likely to be in for him would be our rivals.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He has been here what, 3 months plus change?:rolleyes:

:crylaugh:

Nah in fairness to Richard I agree with him (it took me a hour to write that :rolleyes:) the only way you could justify spending 12m on a player that age was if he was going to an absolute starter and the team built around him. 

As soon as we bought 'the Codge', I was concerned that RMC was not going to be worth the money. 

N.B its very similar to buying Gresford when we already had Grealish.

• Like 2

Still think mccormack and adomah sitting being kodja would work against at least 50% of the teams in this league. The  3  of them have intelligence and skill. Grealish can be rotated for any of the 3.

Mccormack reminds me of Sheringham,  not speedy but has the skill and intelligence to make it count.

Still the most assists? Yet hasn't featured in half the games.

McCormack is like an appendix.

You've got one

You don't really need one

You feel better knowing you have one

But you wont really miss it if you don't have one

Edited by Villan_of_oz

10 hours ago, PieFacE said:

That's a tad harsh if you don't mind me saying. I can't recall many of us being upset when he signed on the dotted line. I can still see a role for him as the season unfolds.

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

So the consensus is, sell him at a massive loss, just at the moment our top scoring striker leaves for a month.

Gotcha. Only on VT :rolleyes:

Sometimes I'm very relieved none of us are in charge.

• Like 1

Â