Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He remains a really good footballer, I'm sure of that. We have seen glimpses of it. He had a mare against Blackburn and missed 3 sitters, but it will come. 

Agreed - still think he will play a huge part in our season and be a regular 

Just now, TRO said:

What better motivation on Saturday than having Neil Warnock doubt him.

Perhaps proving it to 20odd thousand fans of the club that employs him many of whom have genuine and real doubts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Perhaps proving it to 20odd thousand fans of the club that employs him many of whom have genuine and real doubts?

He wasn't saying that isn't also a motivating factor? You've just inadvertently, perhaps, said that he lacks desire. I doubt there is any evidence for that. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

36 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He has been exceptionally poor so far and hasn't delivered anywhere near enough. He really needs to step up big time, definitely a waste of money thus far. 

As quite a big fan of his talent, I agree. At the same time, I thought we saw enough early on to show that he has the ability. I think like most there have been questions over fitness and the ability of the manager of the time. He has barely played under Bruce, but I agree that when he has he hasn't performed to anything like the level I expect.

Some people wrote Kodjia off after a slow start though so hey, best to give it a bit more time.  

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

He has 2 goals in nine league starts for us which is a poor return given what was expected but it is nothing new him making a slow start at a new club or to a season. In his first season at Fulham after 20 league games he had 4 goals. He finished that season with 18 league goals.

Three years ago, his last season at Leeds, after 9 league games he had 3 goals. He finished that season with 28.

He has a proven track record that suggests he is more than capable of going on a run and banging a few goals in for us still this season. I still expect to see him get into double figures.

We score too little as it stands. Ross is the one I'm looking at to change that.

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 16:53, markavfc40 said:

He has 2 goals in nine league starts for us which is a poor return given what was expected but it is nothing new him making a slow start at a new club or to a season. In his first season at Fulham after 20 league games he had 4 goals. He finished that season with 18 league goals.

Three years ago, his last season at Leeds, after 9 league games he had 3 goals. He finished that season with 28.

He has a proven track record that suggests he is more than capable of going on a run and banging a few goals in for us still this season. I still expect to see him get into double figures.

Will he get as long to prove that with us though?

Not once watching today did I think at any point we're missing Ross McCormack here. Infact as soon as I saw he was injured I didn't think of him once again until now.

With Grealish and Ayew we have plenty to play just off the main striker.

Yeah we need to keep him for January when half our squad disappeares but I do wonder what decision will be made if a club shows interest in him towards the end of the window...say we still want Hernandez and Hull are interested in him....

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Does he still look woefully out of shape?

Not if that shape is round!

(Pls note this was a joke.....I dont want to get attacked by a load of cardigan wearers)

11 hours ago, KSV said:

Id like to see him start in the middle where Gabby and Ayew started. With Adomah and Kodjia out wide. That's our deadly trio. Gabby and Ayew are too wasteful infront of goal

I'd go with McCormack ahead of ayew - McCormack is a great set piece deliverer and his link up play is good too - ayew for all his talent often loses possession and his end product is not consistent enough - McCormack more a team player .

• Like 2

Really hope we see what this lad can do for us soon, he's a class act at this level and I genuinely believe he has a lot to offer us this season. 

Come on Ross lose some of that timber and get into shape, ask Gabby on advice on how to lose the weight! 

To a lesser degree I feel like McCormack is being given the "out of the picture" treatment. When a player is on the periphery, he suddenly becomes the answer. 

I only say that because of some of the things I've read online since the Blackburn game where people are taking any one of Grealish, Ayew or Adomah out of the side in order to fit him into it. I think the reality is that Ayew is our best player, not McCormack, so if we're carrying someone I'd rather it was him. The other two are playing well and don't deserve to be taken out the team. 

I think McCormack has shown over many seasons that he's a very good at this level. Unfortunately (and this isn't new for AVFC) he's not showing the same form he showed at other clubs with us. He's also suddenly not the star of the team, he's not the captain. I think that not being in the spotlight has played a part. maybe the pressure and expectation brings out the best of him, when you have players all around you who can provide the goals and create for the team just as well, you won't stand out and won't drive the team on and drag them through a match when they don't need that. 

I hope he kicks on and proves to be a vital part of the team, but I don't want him walking into this side. He needs to come into the right formation in the right game for him to affect in my opinion. Until then I'm happy for him to stay on the bench.  

• Like 3

Â