Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

I think it's just because he made it clear that he wanted a move. So they decided that there was no point in including him in their preparations for the coming season.

Edited by useless
Hi hooooooo silveeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Any news on why he hasn't featured in pre season games?

Roberto Signs-No-Playerso is still trying to figure out if Gestede can play with two inside forwards that don't cross.

edit: oh you mean for Fulham, not for us...

Edited by a m ole

He would still have been training and working on his fitness though, despite not playing the games. Preseason isn't exactly high intensity where the matches are concerned. I'd have no hesitation in bringing him in. Sub him if he's tired by all means. At least he'll get some time to adjust to our playing style. Whatever that is? 

4 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Still can't shake the feeling that this deal should've been done at least a month ago, if not longer.

We hadn't sold Clark and Gueye to pay for him a month ago ;)

• Like 3

22 hours ago, KSV said:

You know what your probably right... as sad as that is. 

Cant wait to see him. Heres another clip to wet your appetite. All we need is one season of this. Get us up RMac. 

That chip at about 1:25-1:30 is perfection. If he does that for us I will lose my mind.

From being a little pessimistic I'm hoping after McCormack signing and a couple of others, this may be a really interesting season.  Premier League was a little boring as we werent competing with the big boys (or even the mid tier) but this season could be a real interesting to watch season and more so than we have had in almost 10 years

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nicho said:

My mate who has a season ticket at Fulham and has done for the last 8 years or has said this:

"Ahaha. We've absolutely mugged you off here. I mean he's good but you should've spent the money in far better ways, we basically lumped ourselves with him and hoped he'd do it all by himself. You've got a proven 20 goal man, and a useless defence. You won't be getting promoted (neither will we)."

image.jpeg

Edited by Hoof hearted
  • Like 1

Potentially a great bit of business. Scored a load of goals for a very average team, and we have just bagged ourselves a guy who should score 15-20 goals this season even in our team. If you even watch his goals - not many of them involve loads of great build up play, a lot of them are out of nothing or a simply pass, and he seems to score all kinds of goals. 

If we actually manage to get a system that works for us, he might score more. A player like this can make a massive difference. When is the last time we signed someone you could describe as a proven goalscorer (albeit he is proven at championship level)?

Spoke to a guy I work with who is a Leeds fan. He said he is brilliant and that when Fulham first signed him they played him in midfield as he had a clause that if he got a certain number of goals he got a massive pay rise. Not sure how true that is!

14 hours ago, Nicho said:

My mate who has a season ticket at Fulham and has done for the last 8 years or has said this:

"Ahaha. We've absolutely mugged you off here. I mean he's good but you should've spent the money in far better ways, we basically lumped ourselves with him and hoped he'd do it all by himself. You've got a proven 20 goal man, and a useless defence. You won't be getting promoted (neither will we)."

He is not wrong there.

£12m is a lot for a 30-year-old and Villa's problems, as they proved again on Saturday, are in the defence.

For most of last season the whole risk-averse set-up was dictated by the need to keep men behind the ball to shore up a piss-poor defence.

Villa definitely need defenders and defenders usually need time to settle into a system.

Conceding 76 goals this season, like last, would put Villa in the bottom third. 

Â