Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

7 minutes ago, Nicho said:

My mate who has a season ticket at Fulham and has done for the last 8 years or has said this:

"Ahaha. We've absolutely mugged you off here. I mean he's good but you should've spent the money in far better ways, we basically lumped ourselves with him and hoped he'd do it all by himself. You've got a proven 20 goal man, and a useless defence. You won't be getting promoted (neither will we)."

The sound of sour grapes from your mate I think.

2 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Completely missing the point that we aren't buying him instead of defenders or other players. Grapes at their most sour.

And presumably confirms Fulhams relegation, ah well!

5 minutes ago, Nicho said:

My mate who has a season ticket at Fulham and has done for the last 8 years or has said this:

"Ahaha. We've absolutely mugged you off here. I mean he's good but you should've spent the money in far better ways, we basically lumped ourselves with him and hoped he'd do it all by himself. You've got a proven 20 goal man, and a useless defence. You won't be getting promoted (neither will we)."

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Helpful. 

1 minute ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Well that's that then. Call off the transfer.

Well as forums are for opinions and my mate has watched him a lot rather that watched youtube videos, watched the odd game or trying to figure out why his wikipedia stats havnt got him to the Prem why would I not post it.

Dont see how my post would help or not help as I have no influence what so ever.

But you know what Ill only post positively from now on. Sherwood was bloody brilliant wasnt he and Agbonlahor really does try his best for the team. 

I don't agree with the notion that because he's played in struggling teams in the past it means that we're going to struggle.That would be like clubs not wanting Benteke when he left us because he'd only played for ourselves when struggling against relegation. Fulham and Leeds struggled despite of McCormack not because of him, with his assists and goals he did his job.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

despite his record A couple of things about McCormack worry me except his age

a. near 10 seasons in Championship he has only once managed to be in a team getting to play-offs rest of time he is a mid-table team

b. no Premier League team came in for him at all

c. Scotland dont seem to rate him and this is a country who has given Kenny Miller 70 caps

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you- we've played Gabby for goodness knows how long. I'm sure he will do us fine.

9 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Well as forums are for opinions and my mate has watched him a lot rather that watched youtube videos, watched the odd game or trying to figure out why his wikipedia stats havnt got him to the Prem why would I not post it.

Dont see how my post would help or not help as I have no influence what so ever.

But you know what Ill only post positively from now on. Sherwood was bloody brilliant wasnt he and Agbonlahor really does try his best for the team. 

I'm not sure what reaction you were hoping/expecting your mates random and frankly odd summary to get really.

9 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Okay, well there's a bloke whose opinion of him means that he's willing to pay £12 million to secure his services. He's also seen him play rather than simply watching YouTube videos or just looking at his stats.

He's won the Champions League as a manager too.

How do your mate's credentials compare? 

Just now, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Okay, well there's a bloke whose opinion of him means that he's willing to pay £12 million to secure his services. He's also seen him play rather than simply watching YouTube videos or just looking at his stats.

He's won the Champions League as a manager too.

How do your mate's credentials compare? 

They dont compare but if that needs to be the case then most of us shouldnt post anything.

Im pleased weve bid for him due to his stats and consistency across 3 clubs in the division. Other than that I havnt seen him play much so I thought it logical to get the opinion of someone who has. I would like to apologise to all that the post had some negative Villa sentiment. 

Good to see us put some real money towards solving one of biggest problems; scoring goals. 

Â