Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

On 17/01/2019 at 11:07, wilko154 said:

Personally I would also recall Tshibola from his loan now. He's 24 so not an U23 needing first team appearances.

We are stuggling in the midfield and so the worst we could do is bring him back and let Smith and the team have a look at him in training.

I would rather give game time to Tshibola than relying on players that don't fit the team mould. Tshibola would be a good fit in a pressing style of play, ability wise I haven't seen enough of him...

That would actually involve moving, he wouldn't fit in at all.

11 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Another recall on the cards maybe?

He couldn’t do much worse in an area we are a bit light at the minute. 

I would be shocked if he ever plays for us again. I thought he didn't look too bad for us at times.certianly younger fitter and stronger than Whelan.

Don't know what's happened to bjarnasson. Even at cm he has looked crap lately.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Always puzzled me he didn't work out for us. Thought he looked promising 

not a lot of ability and a bit of an attitude (apparently why mk dons sent him back to us)

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I would be shocked if he ever plays for us again. I thought he didn't look too bad for us at times.certianly younger fitter and stronger than Whelan.

Don't know what's happened to bjarnasson. Even at cm he has looked crap lately.

The whole team has started to look crap since Smith has arrived.

I am not saying they were awesome under Bruce but **** I didn't think they could get any worse, but they gradually are.  Concerning.

11 minutes ago, blandy said:

This is not my take.

Things immediately got massively better when Smith came. Then in the last month things have dropped back to the dross like levels that were apparent under Bruce. There's a horrible comparison - Wigan away was like Sheff Utd. away, Preston away like Blackburn away, Hull like Preston at Home or whichever. Bruce never managed anything like the wins at Derby and Boro and so on. This season I mean and the reasons are (IMO) the squad is hugely unbalanced, whoever is manager will struggle with the flaws of the squad until or unless they're fixed. 

It is unbalanced no question. But I expected some improvement with Smith and for me there has been very little. He also sticks with the same useless full backs who are costing us week after week.

I'd honestly try a youngster out at lb or rb. Having Taylor and Hutton in the same back four just makes you want to poke your eyes out.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I am not saying they were awesome under Bruce but **** I didn't think they could get any worse, but they gradually are.  Concerning.

If anything we started to look good when Smith came in, but has now sadly reverted back to the form we had under Bruce.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

• Elphick looks like a much better player than he ever did under Bruce.
  • Tuanzebe looked like Bambi on ice under Bruce, but since Smith's arrival he grew into our best defender
  • Taylor now actually appears like he's played professional football at some point before arriving at Villa Park
  • McGinn has stayed consistent under both managers.
  • Grealish's consistency was always his struggle under Bruce, but he's looked more dangerous going forward with Smith at the helm.
  • Tammy is the top scorer in the Championship...  I don't get how he looks like crap?
  • Like 1

This guy gets absolutely slated here but I personally think he's a decent enough player. He's pretty tidy on the ball and is a good athlete who can get up and down the pitch without much of a struggle. For me, he's the sort of player we lack in the squad.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, blandy said:

This is not my take.

Things immediately got massively better when Smith came. Then in the last month things have dropped back to the dross like levels that were apparent under Bruce. There's a horrible comparison - Wigan away was like Sheff Utd. away, Preston away like Blackburn away, Hull like Preston at Home or whichever. Bruce never managed anything like the wins at Derby and Boro and so on. This season I mean and the reasons are (IMO) the squad is hugely unbalanced, whoever is manager will struggle with the flaws of the squad until or unless they're fixed. 

Sorry, my bad - wires crossed and I was a little harsh in my original comment.

The new manager bounce saw us go on a run of games picking up good results.

I meant to say that Since Grealish/Tuanzebe injuries, we have since looked like we are going backwards and starting to look poor under Smith.

You're right,it was a breath of fresh air when Smith arrived and would love to know wjats happened for us to look poor in the last couple of months. We look a completely different team now and for the worse in many aspects.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sorry, my bad - wires crossed and I was a little harsh in my original comment.

The new manager bounce saw us go on a run of games picking up good results.

I meant to say that Since Grealish/Tuanzebe injuries, we have since looked like we are going backwards and starting to look poor under Smith.

You're right,it was a breath of fresh air when Smith arrived and would love to know wjats happened for us to look poor in the last couple of months. We look a completely different team now and for the worse in many aspects.

my personal opinion is that Grealish & Tuanzebe injuries have hit us hard, probably our two key players in a DS system up until they were injured.

On top of that, i honestly think some of the players now realise they will be gone at the end of the season regardless, and i kinds wonder if they arent trying or putting the effort in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

1 win in 10 vs teams like Reading, Ipswich, Preston, Bristol City and newly promoted Blackburn. Not to mention 4-0 down after 50 minutes vs Sheffield United

That win was vs Rotherham

Is this another case of one of our players becoming a 'better' player just because they haven't played for us for a while?!

That aside, I wouldn't be adverse to a recall and for Smith to have a look at him close up, he looks like he has decent attributes but he will need to show a LOT more than he did prior his loan move(s).

Can’t really remember what Tshibola was like when he played for us tbf, which suggests either he wasn’t up to much or I am getting dementia (or both). I had also forgotten he’s still on our books!

The mood music is starting to look like a recall so I’m thinking maybe Smith has been told to use existing resources as much as possible before getting in any more new targets? 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Can’t really remember what Tshibola was like when he played for us tbf, which suggests either he wasn’t up to much or I am getting dementia (or both). I had also forgotten he’s still on our books!

The mood music is starting to look like a recall so I’m thinking maybe Smith has been told to use existing resources as much as possible before getting in any more new targets? 

I seem to remember he was a big deal when we signed him. Wasn't Stam furious Reading let him go? I thought there was promise in the few games he played for us under DiMatteo. Feels like it was about 8 years ago.

Â