Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

i've always found the negativity about him baffling, never understood the hate agenda, people would literally rather he get released for nothing than actually be given another chance.

He just came in a summer where we massively overspent and nearly paid the price a year later so given his little impact he gets lumped in with McCormack etc.

No idea on his attitude but early on SB was playing Gary Gardner ahead of him so get the feeling the big move and wages reduced his desire.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Will do well to get championship loan, he went to Milton Keynes when they were near bottom of league one and was sent back early.

Plenty of players have bombed out on loan, the truth is no one knows what level he is good enough at, i'd rather see what Dean thinks than enthusiastically write him off. If Dean thinks he's crap, then he'll get shipped off and this debate ends.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He just came in a summer where we massively overspent and nearly paid the price a year later so given his little impact he gets lumped in with McCormack etc.

No idea on his attitude but early on SB was playing Gary Gardner ahead of him so get the feeling the big move and wages reduced his desire.

i get what you are saying, but i didn't trust Bruce's judgement then and i don't now. There is a good chance his attitude was lousy as he got a big money move at a young age, but if anything can make someone grow up it's being sent to live and play in Scotland for prolonged periods.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

i get what you are saying, but i didn't trust Bruce's judgement then and i don't now. There is a good chance his attitude was lousy as he got a big money move at a young age, but if anything can make someone grow up it's being sent to live and play in Scotland for prolonged periods.

look what scotland did for McGinn, turned him in to "Super" John McGinn :P

Maybe we will get "better than average" Tshibola.

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

never understood the hate agenda

Not sure there is a hate agenda. I just think people have never seen anything in him to think he’ll make even an average footballer. As such they criticise him 

22 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not sure there is a hate agenda. I just think people have never seen anything in him to think he’ll make even an average footballer. As such they criticise him 

Not even criticism really. Just a straightforward objective assessment of his ability based on how he has performed.

• Like 2

He barely played for us did he? Probably making up the numbers pre season. His lack of application/workrate seemed to be his biggest fault. But there's some ability there. Would be happy if Smith and his team could unlock something. Let's hope for the best. 

39 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

He wasn't even a first team regular for Kilmarnock... 

He played 30 odd games for Kilmarnock didn't he?

And Kilmarnock finished third in the league, so they did well as a team.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

He played 30 odd games for Kilmarnock didn't he?

And Kilmarnock finished third in the league, so they did well as a team.

22 starts and minutes here and there off the bench. Now people want him in a Premier League side. We cant be that desperate? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

22 starts and minutes here and there off the bench. Now people want him in a Premier League side. We cant be that desperate? 

We are not. Tshibola will be playing league 1 football in a year and league 2 in about three.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

We are not. Tshibola will be playing league 1 football in a year and league 2 in about three.

Off to the horse shit of small heath?..

Maybe DS will have a look at him.... I'd safely say DS is probably the best coach Tish would of have had in his career so maybe DS can tap in to that talent we've never seen....

Sorry, I'm desperate

Cant hurt to look at him in preseason, Dean wouldnt have seen much of him and he plays a position we currently hugely lack. He may just suit the style we are looking to play perfectly but I'd be surprised if, after looking at him, Dean thinks anything other than seeking another loan though. He doesnt seem to be the quality we'd require, but I fully trust our coaching team to be the judge of that. 

Edited by Qwpzxjor1
  • Like 1

he's got 12 months left on his contract, literally zero point to loaning him out.

best for DS to see what he can do and see if we can get anything out of him.

Even if he is only a backup DM who sits and recycles, im sure DS can get something out of him?

There are numerous midfielders in the prem of questionable quality, im sure DS could get something out if him as a backup DM, hes tall, strong and can pass a little bit, even if as backup he is just a defensive sitter, tall, strong and gets the ball and moves it on?

• Confused 1

Go check out his performances in the U23's last season.

I have nothing against the bloke but he simply isnt good enough for the Championship. The Premier League is entirely out of the question. 

We made a bad signing. It happens. He has no place in the first team next season. But sure let Smith and staff take a look pre season. Maybe they can see a PL player there, I cant.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

Â