Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

45 minutes ago, KMitch said:
  • Elphick looks like a much better player than he ever did under Bruce.
  • Tuanzebe looked like Bambi on ice under Bruce, but since Smith's arrival he grew into our best defender
  • Taylor now actually appears like he's played professional football at some point before arriving at Villa Park
  • McGinn has stayed consistent under both managers.
  • Grealish's consistency was always his struggle under Bruce, but he's looked more dangerous going forward with Smith at the helm.
  • Tammy is the top scorer in the Championship...  I don't get how he looks like crap?

It wouldn't be hard for Elphick since he was barely here under Bruce, however he did look good under Bruce in Terrys absence and was immediately dropped upon Terry's return.

I always knew of Tuanzebe and his potential and no suprise he has became one of our more stand out players.

Taylor is finished for me and his good spell on Saturday is the first in a long time.

McGinn and Grealish again nothing can be said.

My my point here Mitch is that since these two have been injured we appear to look shit under Smith as a whole.

We can single out individual efforts but as a team it's not been encouraging.

51 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This guy gets absolutely slated here but I personally think he's a decent enough player. He's pretty tidy on the ball and is a good athlete who can get up and down the pitch without much of a struggle. For me, he's the sort of player we lack in the squad.

Yes I have to agree.

Never thought he was a bad player myself, but didn't really see much of him.

Maybe Dean Smith isn't sure so he is actually going to watch him play in close quarters before he makes a call?

We currently play with 3 CM's on Satuday 2 of them were useless yet we had no option on the bench to change them , given we are paying his wages we might as well bring him back and take a look whilst we are so short in that position

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Shame we don't do the same with Ritchie De Leat since Elmohamady and Bree appear to be very poor at RB.

De Laet sounds like he is playing as a forward down under

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Tshibola is playing well, but it's still Scotland. Don't think he would have any positive impact here at this time.

It's best to let him continue to play well there, and reassess in the summer. 

The SPL is hardly a million miles away from the level we're at, if he's doing well out there he's definitely worth another look, not next season, this season.

• Like 2

From what I saw of him he's at least on par with BB and Glen Whelan. I know we should be careful what we wish for, but we are definitely in 'can it get any worse' territory right now with those 2. He's not a holding midfielder though, which is what we need right now.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

As we’re a bit weak in midfield at the mo, willing to give him another go if we decide to recall him. I don’t know how much of his wages we’re covering. If it’s a significant amount then may as well have him down here.

Nearing the last chance saloon with him though. Genuinely hope he proves to be of some value to us.

If he does come back it signals a closing in of the ranks, looking like battening down for a long game rather than the shit or bust approach of previous regimes. They have probably decided to see where we get with what we have but not spunk money chasing a less than 50% chance of scraping through the play-offs.

Personally it’s been a long time coming and a bit of humility and reality will serve us well. The owners seem to be going nowhere thankfully and have VERY deep pockets so let’s build a sustainable, scalable football club, they turn up the money flow when we get back to the PL

• Like 1

He won't be coming back. Cannot have touched the ball more than 10 times in that half.
Just too slow and or  too lazy to keep up with the play at either side of the pitch and he is not exactly asking for the ball all the time. As a result the game just passes him by.

Seriously the most unathletic midfielder I have seen. Looks like the type of guy to go the bed at 9pm but by the time he got to the top of the stairs it's daytime.

May explain the lethargy tbf.

3 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

On tonight's showing tish coming back is a no for me.

And we paid 5m for this guy?, did we not scout him or something and buy him based on a 3 minute "best of" video???

Edited by MaVilla

Â