Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

28 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Unless you believe we became a foosball team then I doubt it.

We went on a run of something like 13 games picking up only 2 points following this and played the worst football I can remember being a Villa fan during this time, you must think it was just like watching Brazil

18 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, he’s not finished here, he paid a lot of money for him and he hasn’t really had a run of games in the first team. According to wiki, he’s only played for us 8 times scoring once

I might agree if he had gone on loan somewhere and impressed, but he's gone on loan and looked just as bad. 

I doubt anyone at Villa thinks he's got a future here. 

35 minutes ago, Junxs said:

We went on a run of something like 13 games picking up only 2 points following this and played the worst football I can remember being a Villa fan during this time, you must think it was just like watching Brazil

I think you missed the point 

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I might agree if he had gone on loan somewhere and impressed, but he's gone on loan and looked just as bad. 

I doubt anyone at Villa thinks he's got a future here. 

He hasn’t had a run of games, we paid a lot of money for him, I wouldn’t write him off

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He hasn’t had a run of games, we paid a lot of money for him, I wouldn’t write him off

Me neither, I saw enough glimpses of quality from him to think he can become good. He had very good technique and was calm and comfortable on the ball. He is a big man too which is quite unusual to have in midfield with those qualities. I think he coped well against spurs as well.

I don't really understand why we are so quick to write players off and not give them chances. Especially the young ones. We should see it as a good challenge to develop them, not a burden and flog them. In other professional areas you try to develop your employees. When we pay so much for them and to them, and there is clearly talent in there, we should try our best to develop them.  

• Like 2

I thought he was decent before his exile , Bruce simply didnt  fancy him the same as he didnt fancy adomah but Albert started scoring and the he was forced to start him , I dont think bruce was all that keen on kodjia to begin with either

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I would. If was going to make it he would have done it by now. He's destined to play well below championship level.

13 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I would. If was going to make it he would have done it by now. He's destined to play well below championship level.

We paid £5m for him, I think he’s still got a chance of making it here, don’t understand the negativity

Thought he looked decent in a lot of the games he played for us, even the ones he didn't play well there were plenty of players round him who played worse.

He may have been poor in his first loan, but he did fine in Scotland apparently.

I know how much we love writing off money and players, but we are no longer in a position to do that, shame the manager doesn't seem to realise that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Thought he looked decent in a lot of the games he played for us, even the ones he didn't play well there were plenty of players round him who played worse.

He may have been poor in his first loan, but he did fine in Scotland apparently.

I know how much we love writing off money and players, but we are no longer in a position to do that, shame the manager doesn't seem to realise that.

Agreed

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We paid £5m for him, I think he’s still got a chance of making it here, don’t understand the negativity

SGC, it's not the amount of money we paid for him or his age. It's the fact that in those 8 games (when we were struggling) he barely put in a shift. He was lazy, he walked around a lot and he didn't seem that interested in working back or marking an opponent. 

There is a reason he has pulled up trees anywhere.

It is because is an overpaid waste of talent.

If we are going to rebuild this club then Tish has to go or be kept away (ie more loans)

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

SGC, it's not the amount of money we paid for him or his age. It's the fact that in those 8 games (when we were struggling) he barely put in a shift. He was lazy, he walked around a lot and he didn't seem that interested in working back or marking an opponent. 

pure revisionism, no one said this at the time, especially when he scored a solo goal from midfield, he was raw, certainly probably should have been integrated slower and should never have been signed for 5 mil, but he did ok, he held his own in a team which was very poor at that time.

Now the narrative has to fit the fact he was bombed out, showed bad attitude on loan and hasn't been given a chance since.

I don't doubt he is a waste of money but he is still young and all this 'lazy unprofessional crap' thrown at him when he did start for us is just not true. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

pure revisionism, no one said this at the time, especially when he scored a solo goal from midfield, he was raw, certainly probably should have been integrated slower and should never have been signed for 5 mil, but he did ok, he held his own in a team which was very poor at that time.

Now the narrative has to fit the fact he was bombed out, showed bad attitude on loan and hasn't been given a chance since.

I don't doubt he is a waste of money but he is still young and all this 'lazy unprofessional crap' thrown at him when he did start for us is just not true. 

This

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I dunno, I saw his reserves game after he came back from loan... I wrote him off after, it was that bad.

it was, can't deny that, actually if I remember he played 2 or 3, one of them was ok, I think he even scored, but I do agree he didn't look like he was playing for a place in the squad, but then again Bruce had made it abundantly clear he doesn't want him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Solo goal? I only remember him scoring once in a 1-1 draw and it was a header at the back post. 

If he wants to get his head down and work his ass off then yeah, give him a crack but his record is pretty atrocious. 

Struggled for game time at forest, has done okay in Scotland playing for a shit team and didnt he get sent back early from MK Dons. 

Along with mccormack we owe this guy nothing (understatement of the year), along with mccormack if he were to sort his head out then sure, give him a chance, along with mccormack though it's unlikely to happen. 

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I was never a fan! But thanks for assuming I'm a sheep just trying to fit the narrative. Maybe you could quote my next time without all the presumptions....

Â