Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Saw him play an U23 game last season. Moved like an oil tanker and struggled with the pace of that game. Considering U23 games are played at a pace old man walking league football would be ashamed of. That was worrying.

I saw him in an u23 game, can’t remember who it was against, he was impressive, why do you think u23 football is played at a pace of old man walking football? I love going to those games

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t write off Bree, Lansbury or Hogan, we paid a lot of money for them, Bree is only 20, still has time, has potential in my opinion.

Hogan is a good finisher in my opinion, he just needs service, he struggles to create chances for himself.

Lansbury is another that has barely played, I wouldn’t write him off yet either, always rated him

We have some very good young players at the football club to compliment the experienced ones, we need a few experienced ones in my opinion, Marney would be a good option 

You do know the shit we're in don't you?

Now is not the time of sitting on players waiting to come good in the future or how good a finisher someone is, or rated etc.

We need to sell and recoup alot of money, not just to cover the rolling monthly bills, wages and agreements, but also a £45m FFP gap to cure too.

Deadwood, bombsquaders and high earning potential future come gooders all need to go.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Saw him play an U23 game last season. Moved like an oil tanker and struggled with the pace of that game. Considering U23 games are played at a pace old man walking league football would be ashamed of. That was worrying.

Well going on results Villa’s U23s seem to be pretty good at it.

20 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Don't know if you can class 8 games (or however many it is) as "a record", I'm all for the reintegration of players like Tish and Ross, now is not the time for Bruce and his pettiness to alienate the players we are definitely going to need this season.

It's okay. We won't have any.

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Now is not the time of sitting on players waiting to come good in the future or how good a finisher someone is, or rated etc.

We need to sell and recoup alot of money, not just to cover the rolling monthly bills, wages and agreements, but also a £45m FFP gap to cure too.

Deadwood, bombsquaders and high earning potential future come gooders all need to go.

I like to put a positive spin on things, how different things could have been had Tom Cairney not have popped up, oh well ?, we’ve got some very good young players at the football club currently, I think the current boss knows that, I expect them to play a part this season

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's okay. We won't have any.

I'm sick of people (social media mainly and not a direct dig at yourself) saying we won't have any playing staff come the Hull game. Sensationalist clap trap. Grealish & Chester are all but gone but that's it.

If there's wholesale departures then players like Tish, Ross and even Micah Richards will be invaluable, surely?

You can't sell a player nobody wants and nobody wants to sign one that isn't playing.

6 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

I'm sick of people (social media mainly and not a direct dig at yourself) saying we won't have any playing staff come the Hull game. Sensationalist clap trap. Grealish & Chester are all but gone but that's it.

If there's wholesale departures then players like Tish, Ross and even Micah Richards will be invaluable, surely?

You can't sell a player nobody wants and nobody wants to sign one that isn't playing.

I don’t think Grealish and Chester are all but gone but I do agree with the rest of your post

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I saw him in an u23 game, can’t remember who it was against, he was impressive, why do you think u23 football is played at a pace of old man walking football? I love going to those games

I think he’s fee must’ve been buffering everytime I’ve seen our u23 play it’s been fast fluid football. I thought Tish looked good and was settling well until Bruce came in and then something happened. 

5 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I think he’s fee must’ve been buffering everytime I’ve seen our u23 play it’s been fast fluid football. I thought Tish looked good and was settling well until Bruce came in and then something happened. 

Agreed 

10 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I like our current crop, we have some decent players who are trying to play the right way. I am just saying that U23 football is very comfortable and slow,  even compared to what you would find in the semi-pro leagues.

Both teams just really let each other play everywhere except the penalty box, there is no real pressing or pressure, or any kind of physicality.  Lyden for example, who is really now going to have to work hard to forge himself a career at senior level after injuries...when he came into the team last year he was lightyears ahead of anyone on the pitch, because he is allowed to play.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I like our current crop, we have some decent players who are trying to play the right way. I am just saying that U23 football is very comfortable and slow,  even compared to what you would find in the semi-pro leagues.

Both teams just really let each other play everywhere except the penalty box, there is no real pressing or pressure, or any kind of physicality.  Lyden for example, who is really now going to have to work hard to forge himself a career at senior level after injuries...when he came into the team last year he was lightyears ahead of anyone on the pitch, because he is allowed to play.

I totally endorse that.

Its very misleading in many ways......You only have to look at the World cup, to see how many players were comfortable with the physical aspect of the game and applied it, adding it to there obvious talent.

I think the game has moved closer and closer to this and any player who is not comfortable with physical contact, will be left behind......this is not to be confused with clogging......its squeezing and turning over the ball, closing down and challenging for aerial ball with robust intentions, getting your foot in and disrupting the oppositions initiative.

As the game has become progressively faster season on season, space is more valuable than ever, its harder to come by, so the luxury of open spaces has gone.....quick feet, quick brain, quick decision making and vision are all the hallmarks of the new "top players".......long gone are the days of pondering on the ball, slow reaction and indecisiveness.....of course cream rises to the top, and equally the principle cascades down through the divisions....but there will always be players playing in the wrong division and the good ones playing in the lower divisions and we should be on to that.

I think there is a lot of misunderstandings in relation to the physical side of the game and is misconstrued with thuggery......but talent without it is incomplete in my view.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

issue is the deadwood and bombsquaders you speak of no one will touch with a barge pole, mainly because we openly make it clear how desperate we are to sell them.

On 16/07/2018 at 18:41, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, he’s not finished here, he paid a lot of money for him and he hasn’t really had a run of games in the first team. According to wiki, he’s only played for us 8 times scoring once

He is way down the pecking order, SB clearly dosen't rate him so unless we have change of manager he'll be going out on loan again as imagine he still has at least two years left on his deal.

On 17/07/2018 at 10:36, sir_gary_cahill said:

I like to put a positive spin on things, how different things could have been had Tom Cairney not have popped up, oh well ?, we’ve got some very good young players at the football club currently, I think the current boss knows that, I expect them to play a part this season

Go on put the positive spin on August 2010-present day.:lol:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He is way down the pecking order, SB clearly dosen't rate him so unless we have change of manager he'll be going out on loan again as imagine he still has at least two years left on his deal.

What a waste of £5m if this happens, I think he’s worth keeping around, it seems like I’m in the minority

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What a waste of £5m if this happens, I think he’s worth keeping around, it seems like I’m in the minority

CM is still by far out strongest area.....Whelan, Jedinak, Hourihane, Bjarni, Lansbury all ahead of him in the pecking order. He's behind even Gardner which tells you how little future he has.

Who of above list would you play him ahead of as he's not a DM for a start.

• Like 1

Â