Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They were definitely hopeless.

Tish was hardly amazing though.

I thought he played really well when he came on. Put himself about more than the other two clowns and looked full of energy. Definitely deserves to start at Wolves.

53 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I thought he played really well when he came on. Put himself about more than the other two clowns and looked full of energy. Definitely deserves to start at Wolves.

Fair enough. I'd have him starting but I think we need to manage our expectations of him. Just because he isn't Westwood and Gardner I fear people are expecting a lot of him.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Fair enough. I'd have him starting but I think we need to manage our expectations of him. Just because he isn't Westwood and Gardner I fear people are expecting a lot of him.

That's possibly true. I just want him to start because he looked better than what we currently have in midfield. Played ok today and I think given a run in the team he could give us something. No reason not to give him a go after today imo.

Just now, One For The Road said:

That's possibly true. I just want him to start because he looked better than what we currently have in midfield. Played ok today and I think given a run in the team he could give us something. No reason not to give him a go after today imo.

I agree with that. I'd have absolutely no objection to him starting.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree with that. I'd have absolutely no objection to him starting.

Absolutely. 

He was composed. Played the right ball. Pressed when needed, dictated the game.

Why he has been ostracised I do not know. I believe there is a genuine reason for it, but today he demonstrated what an actual centre mid looks like. 

• Like 1

We lack dyanamism in the middle. Someone with ability who will physically overpower or out pace their counterpart and make things happen. 

Tshibola can run so instantly he offers something different from the other cloggers in our midfield. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Slightly better than Westwood and Gardner today.

We still need a lot more in there.

I find it hard to believe he was only slightly better than someone who touched the ball 3 times and passed it twice. 

Tshibola had 47 touches and attempted 35 passes. He also made more tackles and clearances. 

That sounds a lot better than what either of Gardner or Westwood offered. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Absolutely. 

He was composed. Played the right ball. Pressed when needed, dictated the game.

Why he has been ostracised I do not know. I believe there is a genuine reason for it, but today he demonstrated what an actual centre mid looks like. 

It's so strange. 

It's taken a sickness bug to Jedinak and the other two putting in an absolutely shocking performance for him to get a chance. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I find it hard to believe he was only slightly better than someone who touched the ball 3 times and passed it twice. 

Tshibola had 47 touches and attempted 35 passes. He also made more tackles and clearances. 

I didn't notice him doing very much. But I was only watching on Periscope so I happily admit I didn't have the best view.

On a side note I don't believe the Westwood stat. Not in defense of him. He was shit.

BUt I don't believe he avoided the ball for half an hour. Can't be true

36 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

in the whole season even

I have also been surprised he has not even been in the squad in recent weeks. However lets not go overboard- he did ok and nothing more when he came on today. He lost possession in a dangerous area as well today. But he still performed better than westwood and gardner- which is not saying a lot.  I would start him at Spurs- what is the worst that can happen?

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have also been surprised he has not even been in the squad in recent weeks. However lets not go overboard- he did ok and nothing more when he came on today. He lost possession in a dangerous area as well today. But he still performed better than westwood and gardner- which is not saying a lot.  I would start him at Spurs- what is the worst that can happen?

We're so used to our midfielders being shit that we don't even understand what they're supposed to do. Yes he gave the ball away, nothing came of it. They're supposed to dictate the play, give us a fulcrum. Tshibola gave us that, long may continue. 

If not him, **** anyone. Please. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't notice him doing very much. But I was only watching on Periscope so I happily admit I didn't have the best view.

On a side note I don't believe the Westwood stat. Not in defense of him. He was shit.

BUt I don't believe he avoided the ball for half an hour. Can't be true

He changed the way we played, in every way. He spread the ball, he gave them an out and he gave them movement and physicality. 

Westwood was **** awful. So bad he was almost as bad as Gardner. I can't bare to venture into those threads. 

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He changed the way we played, in every way. He spread the ball, he gave them an out and he gave them movement and physicality. 

Westwood was **** awful. So bad he was almost as bad as Gardner. I can't bare to venture into those threads. 

Fair enough, I assume you were there so I'll take your word for it. Happy to admit I may be wrong on this one.

I, same as most others, would happily see a change to our central midfield so happy for him to stake a claim.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

it was just refreshing to see a midfielder

I didn't see the game but I imagine it was quite the treat to see an actual midfielder play for us, even if it was only for 45 minutes.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

Â