Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

It's all guess work but my feeling is bruce doesn't quite view him as having the tenacity and work rate to play in our CM.

I know that sounds rich coz Westwood gets picked fairly regularly but Tish would often be caught jogging lazily when off the ball whereas I could never question westys work rate.I'm just not sure he has the determination or ability to run a championship midfield. 

Bruce isn't happy with our powder puff midfield and will undoubtedly strengthen. But I'do agree at this point that the other three CMs should be ahead of him certainly in terms of experience and reliability. And I really don't think Tish has done anything in his short villa career to date to warrant us clamouring for him to be a starter. I think it's more a case of our other options being poor aswell. Are we really in a position to give a youngster with potential so much game time when we are chasing promotion? Especially in midfield which is always a battleground in the championship.

Our next midfield purchase is absolutely key to our season and future. It simply has to be a player that can make runs beyond our front line and support attacks. At the same time a player who is disciplined postionally.

A Kevin Nolan of 6 years ago would be perfect.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jasoncb said:

Remind me what happens to businesses that lose their customers. Never take for granted you will have customers forever especially if you treat them with contempt.

Er you know we are talking about Bruce not explaining every decision right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The facts are both have been given far more opportunities than tishbola and both have not really impressed. Personally I can't wait to see the back of Westwood. As for Gardner squad player at best. If we ever get back to the premier league neither should be anywhere near the squad.

That doesn't contradict my point at all.

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That doesn't contradict my point at all.

So are you agreeing that tishbola would have probably done better than gardner and westwood if he was given as many chances? Or you just disagreeing about the Newcastle post?

For me I can't think of a performance from gardner or Westwood this season that I have thought wow fantastic performance.

Even gardeners performance against blose was decent but not spectular 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So are you agreeing that tishbola would have probably done better than gardner and westwood if he was given as many chances? Or you just disagreeing about the Newcastle post?

For me I can't think of a performance from gardner or Westwood this season that I have thought wow fantastic performance.

Even gardeners performance against blose was decent but not spectular 

Well none of this has anything to do with what you posted. All you said was that Gardner and Westwood had been given more opportunities and haven't impressed.

I don't disagree with that.

My point was that in the short time that Tshibola has had on the pitch, he hasn't shown YET that he's good enough to be ahead of Gardner or Westwood RIGHT NOW.
I've already said I don't think he should be sold because he has potential.

In terms of your questions. 
Do I agree that Tishbola (sic) would have probably done better than gardner and westwood if he was given as many chances?

I don't really know how to answer because to have had as many chances as Westwood he would have had to have been here for years. In which case he may well have done better. But I was talking about right now.

Regarding the Newcastle game, I think it was a decent performance by Tshibola. Nothing much more than that.

When it comes down to it, i'd rather have Tshibola in the team than gardner or Westwood. But that's purely down to my HOPE that he'll develop into a better player. I hope he has more potential than the other two, but honestly I don't know that he has because I haven't seen any of him before he was at Villa.

But going back to my original point, if you're basing selection purely on merit, as in what the players have shown on the pitch, I don't think Tshibola deserves to be starting.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

That's odd, completely contrary to the other news we've been hearing. I do trust Steve though, so if he says he is or is not good enough then that's good enough for me. Far better players have been dropped by managers for far less obvious reasons in the past! It usually only comes out afterwards, if at all.

edit: not phrased that particularly well, I just mean that managers at other clubs have occasionally dropped very good, regular starters and that the reasons either never came out or came out afterwards. For example Mata dropped by Jose at Chelsea.

Edited by alreadyexists

I'll be glad if he stays and makes something of himself because he's clearly got ability. 

You dont get many CMs that take people on from deep, Dembele-like. If he can improve on the fundamentals, I think he'd be very useful to a PL side.

Be good to see Bruce turn him round from totally out of favour to a starter as well.

Then again, Bruce could just be saying this to make sure we don't get fleeced for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Well none of this has anything to do with what you posted. All you said was that Gardner and Westwood had been given more opportunities and haven't impressed.

I don't disagree with that.

My point was that in the short time that Tshibola has had on the pitch, he hasn't shown YET that he's good enough to be ahead of Gardner or Westwood RIGHT NOW.
I've already said I don't think he should be sold because he has potential.

In terms of your questions. 
Do I agree that Tishbola (sic) would have probably done better than gardner and westwood if he was given as many chances?

I don't really know how to answer because to have had as many chances as Westwood he would have had to have been here for years. In which case he may well have done better. But I was talking about right now.

Regarding the Newcastle game, I think it was a decent performance by Tshibola. Nothing much more than that.

When it comes down to it, i'd rather have Tshibola in the team than gardner or Westwood. But that's purely down to my HOPE that he'll develop into a better player. I hope he has more potential than the other two, but honestly I don't know that he has because I haven't seen any of him before he was at Villa.

But going back to my original point, if you're basing selection purely on merit, as in what the players have shown on the pitch, I don't think Tshibola deserves to be starting.

Thanks for answering very well put can't argue with much of that as share the opinion

• Like 1

Makes me wonder if Tshibola was/is just stubborn to methods and Bruce has been keen to lay down a certain level of discipline "My way or the highway". 

Hopefully if/when he comes back he is a beast...

On VT he has had the opposite of "when they are not in the team they become great"

Most of us support Bruce of course but I'm genuinely baffled at some people saying he is crap.

The lad is genuine box to box with an eye for goal!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

It seems to me that the guy needed a lot of work on his fitness and physique so it's not a surprise he's not been playing much football.  I'm pretty sure he will eventually get an opportunity and take it, assuming we don't buy three brilliant midfielders in January.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He really, really hasn't.

Well I've seen him boss the midfield in at least one and a half games this season. (Rotherham and Newcastle) Westwood and Gardner haven't done that in any game for the first team....ever! So, yes, he really, really has. :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jasoncb said:

Remind me what happens to businesses that lose their customers. Never take for granted you will have customers forever especially if you treat them with contempt.

There is a distinction between getting good service and expecting the businesses affairs to be discussed with their customers.

they are two different things.

keeping their own counsel over internal affairs, is most definitely not treating the fans with contempt.

Â