Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

Wow alot of articles saying good bye to him from local papers etc. He was really held in high regard. Can only be a positive thing. Its not always the case, but you can tell if you got a good player by the fans of the previous club. Generally speaking. *

Hopefully in a seasons time we can read this thread with similar views. My only concern seems that he is injury prone (not just last season but apparently season before and even at Brighton he had a few injuries. ) If he gets injured we revert to the tried and tested that we currently have? Maybe one more CB signing is needed.

*Liverpool reading Villa fans view on Benteke

Edited by KSV

14 hours ago, useless said:

Never heard of him or seen him play. Good luck to him.

He was captain when Bournmouth knocked 8 past the smellies, no more needs to be said. 

Welcome to currently the best club in Aston, Michael!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

**** Randy Lerner. C U Next Tuesday, the useless word removed.

Were Aston Villa, we're better than him.

Edit - posted at 3am, as you can probably tell!

I didn't say otherwise.....just trying to get a fact straight.

irrespective of what a disaster he was....he did spend money.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I know nothing about him. Many here are saying he has leadership qualities, what's the basis for this view? Anything besides him being captain?

The Bournmouth fans were raving about him on their forums, I looked in for a read and they had massive respect for the part he played in their promotion campaign. He's been labelled 'a leader amongst men'. 

I was quite impressed with his interview too, talked about how easy a decision it was to cut short his honeymoon and sign for Villa. 

All the noises are positive, let's see how he does for us. We need players with his desire and mentality. 

• Like 1

We've been sorely lacking in leaders and characters at the club. I like this signing. His comments as a new signing have been very encouraging. Of course you'll want to be complementary, but it seems he's very happy to be here even if it means dropping a division. I think he recognises the size and history of the club and really gets what it means.

Hope for more of this to come from RDM.

• Like 1

Has any one officially said he will be captain yet?  Only word of caution,  wasn't Simon Grayson the Leicester player of the season before signing for us and being decidedly average. 

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

If he becomes captain hopefully he can tell Gresford to wash his hair, pull his socks up and stop being a little prick.

Haha, imagine him saying that at the first icebreaker of training :D

Â