Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

the sensible thing to do would clearly be to see who else we sign first then see who has the best leadership skills, no doubt they will all be tested during pre-season

if it happens to be tommy, then best of luck to him, its a new chapter for him as well as this club.

16 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Either says a lot for him, or a lot about us, given that I don't remember Barry even getting that kind of a sendoff. Yes, his Liverpool Summer likely contributed to that, but far more frequently our support gets on the back of a player if his skills fade or he moves on for more money. 

Our fans have given positive receptions to Albrighton, Milner and Benteke over the last twelve months, whether that is a subtle dig at our current players - I don't know. Barry's relationship with supporters was soured by that Mirror article stating he wanted to leave for Liverpool, and quotes saying he will only leave for a Champions League club when we were  on the cusp of some real success. 

19 hours ago, kayarcee said:

Either says a lot for him, or a lot about us, given that I don't remember Barry even getting that kind of a sendoff. Yes, his Liverpool Summer likely contributed to that, but far more frequently our support gets on the back of a player if his skills fade or he moves on for more money. 

Barry didn't captain Villa to the greatest moment in the clubs history,  a moment which was impossible and far less likely to happen than our own European Cup triumph.  He also hasn't sold out so the affection for him would naturally surpass anything our own fans would have felt for Gaz Baz. 

Â