Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

Good performance - check

Barking orders and showing leadership - check

Last ditch tackles - check

Cheering on the fans - check

Putting his body on the line complete with bloody head bandage - check

Bloody love the guy. More signings like him, please.

• Like 2

It took about 5mins to realise why the Bournemouth fans loved him. This guy is going to be brilliant for us. 

I read a lot of the bournemouth fan forums when the rumour started we were in for elphick..they seemed to think he was an awesome captain and instilled pride and passion in players all around him.They were sad to see him leave but they felt they needed someone stronger for the premier league.

I was very sceptical about this guy as i hadnt heard much about him or seen him play a whole lot for bournemouth but looking at the guy in pre season and especially today i  have to say  the guy is going to be someone that rdm has to build the team around.He is a future villa legend that is plain to see.

Very nice to see a proper man at the heart of the defence. He and Baker are well suited to the blood and guts side of the league. They are both however going to need some protecting as they are both very slow and will easily get stood up as Forrestieri did on several occasions. Think Tish can offer that protection but not sure anyone else can work to be done there for sure. 

Â