Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

22 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

We've got more canals than Bournemouth, better curry houses and Saltley Gasworks!

Oh yes,  sorry I had forgotten Bournemouth Gasholder was decommissioned in 1992. No wonder she packed him off honeymoon early.

I think I have said this on here somewhere before but when my son was much younger he was obsessed with the "villa gas tanks" and actually thought all football clubs had them. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Bet she's delighted to be swapping Bournemouth for Birmingham! 

I went to uni in bournemouth and I have to say it has the most unfriendly people I've ever met, all of Dorset does. (Generalisation)  Brum has a lot more to offer the wife than frickin Bournemouth. 

• Like 1

So on the basis that our current lot have no real leader amongst them, and this is RDM's first signing and therefore presumably one high up on RDM's list, does he immediately become our new captain?  Given that everything I've heard is that he's a born leader of men, added to the fact he is/was Bournemouth's captain aswell?  Seems a real candidate anyway.

18 hours ago, Jareth said:

I went to uni in bournemouth and I have to say it has the most unfriendly people I've ever met, all of Dorset does. (Generalisation)  Brum has a lot more to offer the wife than frickin Bournemouth. 

I spent a weekend in Bournemouth and I have to agree, I found the people quite rude (although I'm not sure how many were locals or holidaymakers)

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

So on the basis that our current lot have no real leader amongst them, and this is RDM's first signing and therefore presumably one high up on RDM's list, does he immediately become our new captain?  Given that everything I've heard is that he's a born leader of men, added to the fact he is/was Bournemouth's captain aswell?  Seems a real candidate anyway.

I would have thought the first signing he would like to make is captain.

New Club leader

New Team manager and coaching team leading off the pitch

New Captain leading on the pitch and can be someone new signings gravitate around

Gets the org structure complete now to build around it

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

I spent a weekend in Bournemouth and I have to agree, I found the people quite rude (although I'm not sure how many were locals or holidaymakers)

My cousin lives in Bournemouth and he's a really nice bloke. Then again he is actually a scouser. 

Â