Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

19 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Well you have to admire the class shown by both the player and the club in that video. 

I think it's abundantly clear we've signed a player with real character which what we so needed.

I really can't see him having much time for some in our squad.

Indeed, it's very classy that they put that together. 

He certainly seems like an excellent professional who will build good relationships with those around him. Let's hope that he, and a few judiciously chosen others, can raise the rest to his level, rather than him sinking to theirs. I'm optimistic about that. 

10 hours ago, useless said:

He seems to be so emotionally attached to Bournemouth that one might worry that there could be a danger of him being homesick up here in the midlands.

He's a man! homesickness is like milk....for babies

9 hours ago, omariqy said:

Give him half a season at AVFC and he will be 2 stone overweight and caught cheating on his missus with Katie Price whilst supposedly being out of action with a 'dead leg'.

If he has been cheating too much, erectile dysfunction could technically count as a dead leg...

On 6/26/2016 at 21:55, useless said:

He seems to be so emotionally attached to Bournemouth that one might worry that there could be a danger of him being homesick up here in the midlands.

He came here. I am sure he is ready to move on to the next step, even if he has some attachment there. The likes of Barry, Albrighton etc have been fine haven't they?

On 6/26/2016 at 19:55, useless said:

:crylaugh:

• Like 1

On Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 19:55, useless said:

Agreed. Give me more mercenary words removed who flit from one club to another, not forming a bond with the club or the fans.

On 26/06/2016 at 19:55, useless said:

Yep. He could do a Robbie Savage and move to Newcastle to be "closer to home"

“Leaving Bournemouth was difficult but I always wanted to play for a big club. I’m not saying Bournemouth aren’t but it was just really exciting to come here"

Really starting to like this fella - the more I think about this transfer in hindsight the more I like it - if he had gone to Newcastle I would genuinely think they've pulled off a bit of a coup, so very happy he'll be one of the first names on the teamsheet in the coming season ahead.

Â