Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

Looking at the Sack Di Matteo poll, 32% want him sacked immediately, 51% want him sacked within 2-3 games if nothing improves.

I joined in on the poll and went with the other option.

It's not that I particularly think he'll succeed but I'm not convinced that getting rid (either now or after the next couple of games) will be of enough benefit (i.e. giving immediate improvement in results).

I'm hugely disappointed with the results so far (and some of the performances) but I hope it'll get better. I still think there's a decent chance of getting in to the top 10 of the division and that's as much as I expect, though that doesn't mean I won't criticize when/if I see something that I think deserves it.

Our biggest problem is that RDM hadn't had time on the training ground with this set of players ,Most of pre season was taken up with getting rid of the players that were no longer part of his plans ,the majority of our signings came in very late in the window  and with that RDM has had very little time to work with them ,we haven't at any stage had our best eleven on the field I think when the menager gets more time with his players the results will come it is very naive to think we will be a great team and win the majority of our games When the players have hardly trained together ,organisation and everybody on the same-wavelength is a massive part of building a successful team something that we possibly couldn't have no matter who we have managing us ,we will get there we have the players we will get it right but it will take time unfortunately .

Edited by BigAl
  • Like 4

Sack the manger after 8 games of a 46 game season, destabilise the club and team, take a month or so to find another whilst steering a rudderless ship in the interim. New manager will then no doubt need time to stamp his "mark" on the team. Sounds quite logical.

We have not even had the chance to have a fully fit squad yet.

Some of you are bloody ridiculous. Zero **** logical thought!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Xela said:

The worrying thing is, the best memories I have of Villa in the last 5 years are when Sherwood was in charge when he replaced Lambert.

I would happily bring back Sherwood he at least  tried to attack

• Like 1

I voted 'Now, before the next game', but I don't want change just for the sake of it. I'm in favour of a new manager only if they will be clearly a better option than what we already have. If the replacement is going to be Bruce, Rowett, Sherwood, Warnock, Hodgson or Villas Boas, I'd rather keep Di Matteo.

A name which hasn't been mentioned but I would consider is Louis Van Gaal.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 1

Unbelievable

did it eventually get better under McCock Lambert Sherwood Garde or Black.?

We need someone with balls as big as Mourinho's ego and he needs to hit the ground running

anything less is time wasting

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Unbelievable

did it eventually get better under McCock Lambert Sherwood Garde or Black.?

We need someone with balls as big as Mourinho's ego and he needs to hit the ground running

anything less is time wasting

Don't want much, do you?

I'm sure every team would want one of those mythical managers who wins every game.

But this is the real world, where even the very best managers don't always win their games.  Let alone take jobs in the championship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

I voted 'Now, before the next game', but I don't want change just for the sake of it. I'm in favour of a new manager only if they will be clearly a better option than what we already have. If the replacement is going to be Bruce, Rowett, Sherwood, Warnock, Hodgson or Villas Boas, I'd rather keep Di Matteo.

Van gaal suggested United would be his last club - why would a manager of his reputation take on a job like villa in the championship ? 

We couldn't attract an out of work moyes and that was with money to spend .

i voted to give rdm 3 games and see where we stand - however that was just after the game yesterday and in reflection it was not a bad point although probably our worst performance in the league this season with little attacking threat .

i can take a draw if we have a go and play attacking football but rdm seems to have retreated and now playing the safety first style of Lambert .

we have some good attacking players - we must play to their strengths - I do feel the return of tish will improve our team considerably but worry he will turn out to be injured more often than fit - he will be crucial if we are to improve .

45 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Van gaal suggested United would be his last club - why would a manager of his reputation take on a job like villa in the championship ? 

i voted to give rdm 3 games and see where we stand - however that was just after the game yesterday and in reflection it was not a bad point although probably our worst performance in the league this season with little attacking threat .

i can take a draw if we have a go and play attacking football but rdm seems to have retreated and now playing the safety first style of Lambert .

we have some good attacking players - we must play to their strengths - I do feel the return of tish will improve our team considerably but worry he will turn out to be injured more often than fit - he will be crucial if we are to improve .

I think he retreated to safety first because defence are fragile after conceding a few goals. Clean sheets will improve the situation.  We have enough fire power to get goals at home. 

I honestly believe the biggest issue is confidence. Tactics and selection are obviously important but if players are bricking it if doesn't matter how you play. 

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Who, in all honesty is out there ready to take over the reigns if RDM is sacked?

I can't see it happening just yet but results need to improve.

There is nobody which is why blindingly tweeting sack him sack him is not going to help our situation. Especially when it seems the owner may actually listen to fans!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If there is a ready man replacement out there that has been there and done it then yes sack him now. Otherwise be careful what you wish for...

some fans clearly forget what sacking our previous managers achieved. 

I think some fans have forgotten what appointing them achieved 

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Please be realistic. Even villas-boas is out our reach right now. Van gaal coming down the villa... That's hilarious

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Louis Van Gaal just applied and was turned down for the Belgium job for Roberto Martinez. Maybe the hunger is still there for him and after a disappointing spell at Man Utd he could have something to prove.

If Benitez is willing to manage in the Championship and taking into account Xia's spending power and ambitions, I'm sure there is a chance we could attract a name like Hiddink, Bielsa or Van Gaal.

Edited by Michael118

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If there is a ready man replacement out there that has been there and done it then yes sack him now. Otherwise be careful what you wish for...

some fans clearly forget what sacking our previous managers achieved. 

This is the key point.

Sacking him for the sake of sacking him would be stupid, but if Xia has been working on a plan B (which I hope he has) and has found someone he believes can do a better job, then I don't see why we should not replace Di Matteo.

We don't really have any stability to upset yet, so I don't see this as a major issue.

Obviously won't get Van Gaal, Hiddink, Mancini or Bielsa thou... Don't wan't fist face either.

Shame Rudi Garcia is probably also way out of our range...

Â