Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

I'm perfectly willing to accept that as I didn't want him to begin with I'm looking for the first opportunity for that feeling to be justified and for me to say RDM out but the opportunity has presented itself very early especially considering the investment. It was never a guarantee that he would not do so well so early 

34 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Looking at the Sack Di Matteo poll, 32% want him sacked immediately, 51% want him sacked within 2-3 games if nothing improves.

Has any Villa manager had such a short honeymoon period before?!

Yup, all of them. We are the most impatient group of fans in the world. But still, all good teams were built in seconds and sacking manager after manager has worked for us before right...

I just despair I really do. We never learn and it's so tiring hearing "[ ] out" all the sodding time.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

I'm perfectly willing to accept that as I didn't want him to begin with I'm looking for the first opportunity for that feeling to be justified and for me to say RDM out but the opportunity has presented itself very early especially considering the investment. It was never a guarantee that he would not do so well so early 

Out of interest Rich, who would you like to see replace him?

The thing that strikes me the most is the lack of reaction to things. Look at Wolves, stuffed at home in the week... Win away the following weekend. Just one example... We draw, then draw, then draw. Suggests to me that the players aren't right behind what the manager is doing.

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You lot would have turned on McCarthy within two games. 

EDIT: 'You lot' there not directed at AshVilla in particular, but rather at the whole forum. 

"You lot" and I include myself would turn on anyone if they proved themselves to be shit

• Like 2

1 win in 8 is diabolical and i think if he doesnt get a few wins in the next 3-4 games hes gone but i dont think necessarily sacking him will suddenly change our fortunes. How many times do we have to change manager and players and have nothing change before we realise it isnt that simple?

31 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Yup, all of them. We are the most impatient group of fans in the world. But still, all good teams were built in seconds and sacking manager after manager has worked for us before right...

I just despair I really do. We never learn and it's so tiring hearing "[ ] out" all the sodding time.

I honestly think we are one of them most fickle fan bases around. RDM in, not out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Looking at the Sack Di Matteo poll, 32% want him sacked immediately, 51% want him sacked within 2-3 games if nothing improves.

Has any Villa manager had such a short honeymoon period before?!

Has any Villa manager had such spending power before? Would United or City be settling for this in the PL? 

I don't ever recall us being significantly the highest spenders in our league before. We're normally praying the manager can make something of the mediocre players he has bought with our meager budget. 

RDM is different because he has been handed funds to destroy the opposition and he is below Burton Albion and not looking like he knows how to get above them. 

• Like 2

I think some people are feeling a bit trigger happy on the grounds that we kept Lambert on for far too long with a majority of fans backing for the first 2 god awful seasons under him. However this is a different club and different era etc. I think RDM still needs some time and we just need to calm down a bit.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

Most fans quote the amount spent as a reason to get rid of RDM but surely isn't the fact we've not had a settled side because we've recruited loads part of the problem?? The team and players need time to settle. We've not had our 1st 11 out yet. I'm far from happy with our results to date but apart from 30 min at Bristol and 60 min against Brentford we've not been out played. Today was one of those dour games which if we'd have won the last 2 we'd write off. This league is mad. Anybody can beat anybody. Form means nothing. Which also means you need to get wins where you can. You have to attack all the time. My only reservation with RDM is that under pressure he reverts to a defensive manager. I can see him getting the sack in 5/6 games and is only having lost 2 games all because he won't go for it. Hopefully he doesn't as the first 5 games were very promising. We have a week now before a massive game. We have to win. Go for it. 

8 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I actually think he would be worse IMO 

Give him 60m and he'd be worse, he's done better with 10m and no owner ,  how does that work?

I'm still behind Matteo and I don't think today was a bad result, but............

He's not really Villa, he's Chelsea, Birmingham .....bet his house is rented and his family live in London. There's no connection and no heart when it comes to us, were just a wage. He has no comprehension on what Villa means to the Midlands , love us or hate us.

2 wins in the next 3 games and all will be forgotten but for me its about building Villa from the roots, having us in their hearts means more than short term success.

If the managers got no emotional attachment to us then why should the players have any?  D Matteo shows no emotion at all, no passion nothing, hes like a robot. I bet Clark is doing most of the "football thinking" 

Dr get the feelers out and start looking at our options nice and early "Be prepared" UTV 

• Like 1

Â