Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

I selected sack him now in the poll but in truth, I'm really not that arsed.

I'm really not that bothered if we stick with RDM or twist with some other useless clown, which is just inevitable.

I thought the summer had changed something with me but very quickly, Aston villa results have become of minimal significance to me. Its just all a bit 'meh'.

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah, like the way they walked over West ham today????

One swallow doesn't make a summer - I know many Albion fans and not one wants him to stay there . 

If rdm goes I'd hope for better than pulis .

Edited by Eastie

Just now, Eastie said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer - I know many Albion fans and not one wants him to stay there . 

Maybe not in the Premiership, but Championship, I would swap RDM in a heart beat.

Rumor has it he may not be there alot longer, with the takeover in progress.

3 minutes ago, West said:

Appoint manager, applaud manager choice, bad run of results, call for manager's head, sack manager. 

Rinse and repeat forever. 

Just wanna win games chap. We are in the Championship now and have spent 60 million quid. Can't be too much to ask from the manager surely.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Just wanna win games chap. We are in the Championship now and have spent 60 million quid. Can't be too much to ask from the manager surely.

My point is we have tried numerous managers. British managers, young managers, fancy foreign managers. Nothing is working. Will another sacking change much, I think not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Looking at the Sack Di Matteo poll, 32% want him sacked immediately, 51% want him sacked within 2-3 games if nothing improves.

Has any Villa manager had such a short honeymoon period before?!

Alex McLeish had a protest against him before he'd even managed a game.

• Like 1

Not sure either way.

On one hand I think it's pretty ridiculous to sack a manager this early into the season because no-one can get what they want instilled into the players this quickly, especially with the injuries and rotten luck we seem to be continuing to have.

But I do wonder if someone else could come in and hit the ground running. Things couldn't get a lot worse - they could definitely get a bit worse though. We're at least drawing games, getting someone else in could make the club more of a farce and the wheels may properly come off.

I wasn't sure about RDM previously but he had a good record with Albion and Chelsea a bit. But having a fantastic technical backup in Steve Clarke looked like a great safety net. But it's not helping us win games. I'm not sure why.

When I watch us I see perfectly OK tactics because we don't seem to leave huge holes anywhere and we can go toe-to-toe with anyone else. Tiredness seems to set in late and we lose concentration. However, we have apparently one of the best fitness coaches in the world, so what's happening there?

He hasn't got a playstation controller. He's not directly controlling the players. Once he sends them out he can't do a lot.

So I remain to be convinced that getting on the merry go round again is in our best interest. I also haven't read anything on here that gives me anything practical and direct that he's doing wrong. If anyone is seeing anything I'm not, please let me know. But not conjecture. Tangible, linkable evidence of him being at fault for our crap start and why it won't get any better.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Who then, my good friend? Don't say bielsa or hiddink because that's not happening.

I've gotta say Bielsa or Hiddink. :D

Seriously, I think they would be ideal and exactly what we need. The manager is the most important signing we can make and if the owner is serious about getting us out of the Championship he'll do everything he can to make it happen.

If it isn't possible, then Flores or Laudrup or someone new. I'd consider Pulis too. I just have some doubts about how he would go trying to win promotion in the Championship compared to battling for survival in the premier league. No doubt he is one of the better names who have been mentioned though.

Dear Dr X,

please do the following.

1- Sack RDM immediately

2- Appoint Clarke as Caretaker manager

3- While a number of candidates throw their hat into the ring, descretely find out if Gary Rowett or Mike Phelan are interested.

Rowett

Phelan

Bruce

then promotion

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Go get Gary Rowett.  

Absolutely I would be happy with this. Done an unbelievable job under ridiculous circumstances there,  and isn't he a villa fan as well? 

After spending £60m, and bringing in 9 new players, it's scary that we still managed to start a football game with 6 players that were at the club last season. In fact, we finished the game with 5 if them still on the pitch. Is it any wonder we didn't win? 

If we had played a top Championship side, or any Premier League side, we'd have lost today. You can argue that we defended well but we didn't look comfortable at all and that last 10-15 minutes is probably the most one-sided I've seen in a very long time. 

We needed 4 new defenders, 3-4 new midfielders and 2 new strikers in the summer. I'd have kept Guzan if it meant bringing another centre back in. We definitely needed another holding midfielder and I cannot believe that the management team couldn't see that, and that's my biggest problem with RDM. 

I still don't want him gone because I still feel it's too soon but if we drop into the bottom 3 at any time he needs to go immediately. 

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

McCarthy showed more tactical nouse in this one game than RDM has done in the past 8

They almost pulled it off as well

Counterpoint: his team failed to beat a team at home who are 17th in the table with one win in seven. 

You lot would have turned on McCarthy within two games. 

EDIT: 'You lot' there not directed at AshVilla in particular, but rather at the whole forum. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

Â