Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

3 minutes ago, Razor said:

Get rid. Steve Bruce?

Doesn't really inspire me -  maybe  Xia will want a big name that goes down well with the Chinese support he hopes to grow - no idea who but I feel rdm has 3 games until the international break to save his job .

Edited by Eastie

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure whats going on here yet again. I mean RDM and Clarke should be a great pairing. Clarke is a highly regarded coach. But again the team look like they have no idea what they are supposed to be doing??

I was hopeful after the forest game and we had been unlucky in many ways but the last 2 games have been dire and we are lucky to have drawn both - dreadful performances.

• Like 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Still no need to panic maters DDID? :P

completely agree in regards to hughton was my first choice but by the time we got our shit together he signed a new contract.

i think rowett for me would be best bet. He knows how to organise teams, he has managed to make a mediocre team look decent on shoe string budget.

(I agree with your point by the way)

I'm not panicked. I'm surprised at the swing my opinion has taken in such a short space of time, all I can do is stand by what I think at any given time. 

2 games ago many of the opinions being presented were not valid. 

40 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Not long left for RDM to turn it around. Villa fan Gary rowett would be an ideal replacement 

For some reason i think that the idea of a Villa fan in charge would really appeal to Dr Tony. 

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

Would Rowett be able to manage a decent budget though?....He has worked wonders on Free's......when you do that there is little expectation and little pressure on you.

I'm not really looking that far forward to be honest mate. If we are to going to trouble the promotion places this season we need to turn things around pretty damn quickly, and Rowett has form. 

With the window now closed, we need someone to come in and work with whats he's got. Rowett joined SHA on the 27th of October, so pretty early in the season, and made them look organised very quickly. 

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm not panicked. I'm surprised at the swing my opinion has taken in such a short space of time, all I can do is stand by what I think at any given time. 

Exactly this - things have changed in the last 2 games and very much for the worse - we look a negative team and scared .

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Rowett or Bruce would be no better than Di Matteo.

Better options than uncle woy or pulis  though . 

IF the trigger is pulled then a new man must be ready to step straight in - we cannot afford to drift without a manager . 

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Better options than uncle woy or pulis  though . 

IF the trigger is pulled then a new man must be ready to step straight in - we cannot afford to drift without a manager . 

Pulis is a better option by far than Rowett or Bruce. 

• Like 1

On 17 September 2016 at 19:00, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Fair enough, but the warning signs for me have been there since Bristol City game. After a bad result a good manager is able to bounce back. RDM has either got worse, or consistently stayed shit

the only positives from rdm

unbeaten at home (will end next wee)

lost two games so abut challenging to beat

other than that it's been pretty shit

14 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Pulis is a better option by far than Rowett or Bruce. 

Omfg, omg, rofl, lol....

i agree with michael118. In our current state, a manager like Pulis who would pull everyone together and get us battle ready is exactly what we need. Who cares if his style is shit, if he wins us a few games, which he would then he is precisely what we need.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fair enough, but the warning signs for me have been there since Bristol City game. After a bad result a good manager is able to bounce back. RDM has either got worse, or consistently stayed shit

the only positives from rdm

unbeaten at home (will end next wee)

lost two games so abut challenging to beat

other than that it's been pretty shit

Between Bristol and the last 2 we only played Forest. In which we had 27 shots at goal. Unfortunately, that appears to have been an outlier. 

41 minutes ago, Razor said:

Get rid. Steve Bruce?

Agree but Gary Rowett. Good young manager. The short sighted amongst us that will moan about him having played and managed the shit down the road, get over it, he's Villa anyway if rumours are to be believed.

Edited by CastleBromVilla

Â