Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I disagree. Under Sherwood we were shit. Under Garde we were a f**king disagree. 

But overall point is both appointments were shit so sacking RDM will achieve nothing without a decent replacement. 

I fail to see how we were any less of a disgrace under Sherwood. At least when Garde came in we became a tad harder to beat for a bit.

I think people are forgetting Sherwood oversaw the biggest highlight in the last 6 seasons. 

No, I think they're just not letting that cloud their memory of how tactically naive he was and how awful we were under him from the Southampton debacle onwards.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

I fail to see how we were any less of a disgrace under Sherwood. At least when Garde came in we became a tad harder to beat for a bit.

We'll have to agree to disagree then as I don't recall losing a game by more than one under Sherwood and some of them we should have actually won. It was bad under sherwood. It was worse under Garde. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

No, I think they're just not letting that cloud their memory of how tactically naive he was and how awful we were under him from the Southampton debacle onwards.

I honestly believe had Sherwood stayed we would have put in a fight to stay up. I'm not saying sacking him was wrong decision but bringing in Garde to replace him and then not even backing him in Jan was criminal. 

Whoever thought Garde was a good decision should never work in football again. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We'll have to agree to disagree then as I don't recall losing a game by more than one under Sherwood and some of them we should have actually won. It was bad under sherwood. It was worse under Garde. 

To be fair, we weren't losing games by big margins when Garde first came in either. By the end of the season though the squad were totally demoralised and the start overseen by Sherwood no doubt contributed to that.

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I honestly believe had Sherwood stayed we would have put in a fight to stay up. I'm not saying sacking him was wrong decision but bringing in Garde to replace him and then not even backing him in Jan was criminal. 

That's funny because I didn't see much fight that season when Sherwood was here.

Bringing Garde in wasn't necessarily a bad decision. The big problem was bringing him in and then not backing him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

To be fair, we weren't losing games by big margins when Garde first came in either. By the end of the season though the squad were totally demoralised and the start overseen by Sherwood no doubt contributed to that.

That's funny because I didn't see much fight that season when Sherwood was here.

Bringing Garde in wasn't necessarily a bad decision. The big problem was bringing him in and then not backing him.

you're clearly a fan of Garde so we are just going to go round round in circles. I think the appointment was a disgrace considering the circumstances.  Much like a lot of the decisions under Lerner.

As i said we lost by the odd goal and many times should have won.  Either give Sherwood longer or get a proper manager in like Allerdyce or Pearson. Garde made no sense whatsoever and actually got hung out to dry.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Personally thought it was a dreadful decision to bring in garde to a relegation fight in a league he wasn't familiar with - I won't write off rdm yet but the jury in very much out on him - the last week has been a shocker and he needs to deliver .

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Personally thought it was a dreadful decision to bring in garde to a relegation fight in a league he wasn't familiar with - I won't write off rdm yet but the jury in very much out on him - the last week has been a shocker and he needs to deliver .

I totally agree. But we must have somebody appropriate lined up if he is sacked. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

you're clearly a fan of Garde so we are just going to go round round in circles. I think the appointment was a disgrace considering the circumstances.  Much like a lot of the decisions under Lerner.

As i said we lost by the odd goal and many times should have won.  Either give Sherwood longer or get a proper manager in like Allerdyce or Pearson. Garde made no sense whatsoever and actually got hung out to dry.

And you're clearly a Sherwood "fan", probably more so than I am of Garde. What's your point?

I think you're re-writing history there. We were dire under Sherwood that season as well.

Edited by Mantis

50 minutes ago, Mantis said:

And you're clearly a Sherwood "fan", probably more so than I am of Garde. What's your point?

I think you're re-writing history there. We were dire under Sherwood that season as well.

No different to you keep rehashing history,move on and discuss RDM already.

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Not someone I particularly fancy coming in, but if Mark Hughes got the bullet in the next couple of weeks how many of us would take him?  Just curious to ask. 

Does anyone else find him to be the most annoying bellend around?!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Unbelievable

did it eventually get better under McCock Lambert Sherwood Garde or Black.?

We need someone with balls as big as Mourinho's ego and he needs to hit the ground running

anything less is time wasting

Mourinho himself has now lost 4 on the bounce. It's not always just about the manager...

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Christ alive lads. Give him until Christmas. 

If we fail to win one of the next two games I think Tony will lose patience and a decision made.  No way that he'll be given til Christmas on current form.  

On 15 September 2016 at 08:02, villarocker said:

The only way I'd give him the push is if we were say within 6 points of the bottom three and showing no signs of improvement. 

The only way i would give him the push is under cross examination from the owners, of how the season is going if the explanations were woolly or nebulous....He would be History.

If "time " is to be deemed as a realistic requirement....He needs to explain to the owners how that commodity will help him.

Pepe has had no time and his players are top quality, so its arguably, harder to make a difference.

He has made such a difference its untrue.....nearly every player, looks better.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Tim sherwood explained on " goals on sunday" they were essentially not his players....they had been targetted way before he arrived and that his choices were over looked.

think what you like, but lets get the facts right.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Tim sherwood explained on " goals on sunday" they were essentially not his players....they had been targetted way before he arrived and that his choices were over looked.

think what you like, but lets get the facts right.

Then he has changed what he has said before. I wouldn't believe a single word that he says. He is a fraud.

• Like 4

Â