Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

Give him 60m and he'd be worse, he's done better with 10m and no owner ,  how does that work?

I'm still behind Matteo and I don't think today was a bad result, but............

He's not really Villa, he's Chelsea, Birmingham .....bet his house is rented and his family live in London. There's no connection and no heart when it comes to us, were just a wage. He has no comprehension on what Villa means to the Midlands , love us or hate us.

2 wins in the next 3 games and all will be forgotten but for me its about building Villa from the roots, having us in their hearts means more than short term success.

If the managers got no emotional attachment to us then why should the players have any?  D Matteo shows no emotion at all, no passion nothing, hes like a robot. I bet Clark is doing most of the "football thinking" 

Dr get the feelers out and start looking at our options nice and early "Be prepared" UTV 

There are loads of good reasons why RDM should go (or at least if results don't pick up) but I think this is quite a poor argument.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tinker said:

bet his house is rented and his family live in London.

Not sure where he is living right now but he did live in Leamington spa for years so I would guess he has gone back there. 

Agree he is not Villa,  no reason why he should be he's only been here 5 minutes. 

However I don't see how this affects him failing to win 1 in 8 having spent a Kings ransom

I don't think he should go now for the record but if things don't improve PDQ I will change my mind. 

I don't think other managers will view us as a poison chalice if he were to be sacked. Any manager worth their salt will be looking at how much he's spent and the players we've got and are probably shaking their heads wondering how he has messed up so badly and thinking about what they could do with all those riches. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Fair enough, but the warning signs for me have been there since Bristol City game. After a bad result a good manager is able to bounce back. RDM has either got worse, or consistently stayed shit

the only positives from rdm

unbeaten at home (will end next wee)

lost two games so abut challenging to beat

other than that it's been pretty shit

RDM will have to hold on until Saturday!;)

40 minutes ago, Richard said:

Last season I avoided MOTD

this season I'm avoiding championship on c5 

I thought exactly this earlier.  

Mind you losing those highlights on C5 has saved me around 40 extra seconds of my life 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

**** hell, complaining that the manager isn't "one of us" is how the geordies ended up with Shearer in charge.

The manager doesn't need to be "a Villa man". Nor do the players. Ideally someone at board level would be, to look after the traditions of the club, and ensure the fans are heard, but all I want from the squad and team management is people good at their job. Let's not start this "Villa way" bollocks.

I agree. I couldn't care less if he was a Chelsea season ticket holder, as long as he did a good job at the Villa. However, the fact is he is bloody terrible and it's time he left. 

Groan :rolleyes:

When will we all learn?

Adversity isn't something to be feared or a reason to give up at the first opportunity, adversity is a lesson that encourages us to learn and do better next time and then overcoming adversity allows us to make the best of the good times.

Yes, as Villa fans we have a pretty crap time of it but we've faced worse, very recently in fact, and 1 win in 8, after all the change the club has been through, is hardly surprising. We all recall losing streaks longer so it's a world better.

Our owner strikes me as a man who understands adversity and I'm sure he won't be balking at the current troubles. Yes, he will soon want positive movement but right now I expect the length of rope is very long indeed.

Therefore, perhaps we should not point the finger at the manager who has turned a sorry bunch of cretins into a respectable football team in a period of but 2 months? Rather, perhaps it's the players who should be called into question for their lack of attachment to Villa and willingness to win? Who could really argue that modern day footballists know how to fight in the face of struggle? The players earn tens of thousands for their mediocrity and take little in retort of that. Is the manager responsible for such poor shot conversion? Ayew, Westwood and the others loitering from last season aren't winners and that's a fact. Perhaps it is they that have the biggest hurdle?

All I'm saying is that it will come and when it does it will feel fantastic. If we give up now we'll be wasting another chance and we'll never make headway. 

We are Aston Villa and we are already on our way back to greatness

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 2

Â