Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

1million percent 

i said this as soon as we were relegated, best manager in the championship £4£ , rafa is the best

i have said the difference between the top managers is how to find the best formula to get the strikers getting the goals first, i would say its clear rafa is more advanced with newcastle than RDM in this.

i think BIG TONY will give RDM 4 MORE GAME TO TURN IT AROUND, to be fair BT has backed RDM with a new team & the results & performances have not matched the £ invested by BT.

rowet or bruce please

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not these "its not going to happen" quotes all ready.  Its the Dr remember, not Lerner. You have no idea whats going to happen next

If the white cat is sitting on his lap at the next meeting( Dr Tone), be ready for RDM's seat to go through the floor.

• Like 1

What I find completely unacceptable is the way in which he has seemingly bottled it. 

We were playing some good stuff before Wednesday, threatening to score goals and win games. Rather than stand by his convictions and attempt to coach his way through the bad stuff, we end up with THAT. I can't abide a manager with no balls. 

As I said earlier in the thread, Tim Sherwood once reverted almost entirely randomly to a 3-5-2. It was his last act as manager. 

Tick tock tick tock...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not these "its not going to happen" quotes all ready.  Its the Dr remember, not Lerner. You have no idea whats going to happen next

I can be fairly sure that Di Matteo is not going to resign eight games into the season, which is the eventuality under discussion. 

Please read more carefully. 

• Like 1

Don't ask me why, but I want to see how we do against Newcastle next week and then decide how we go on. Should we beat them, wouldn't it kickstart something?  Should we lose, then I think a change is needed.  

It's probably 99.9 per cent unrealistic, but couldn't we chuck a load of compensation to Bournmouth and then offer Eddie Howe a ridiculous salary and promotion bonus?  Would be the dream manager for me. 

If we get turned over at home by Newcastle next weekend, which has to be the expectation given current form, things could start to get pretty ugly. 

Even assuming we do lose next week I'd give him the Barnsley game to get that vital 3 points. If we cant win that then it's beginning to look difficult for him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rowett for me I said we should have gone for him or hughton, but we took the cheap route snd got RDM in and lie in a embarrassing 18th below burton Albion.

Hughton would have been perfect. Would still be IMO, I'm a big fan. 

This is why we need to make a decision soon either way. Because certain managers possibly within reach may quickly become out of reach. 

He has two games to save his job IMO. 

5 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

If we get turned over at home by Newcastle next weekend, which has to be the expectation given current form, things could start to get pretty ugly. 

Even assuming we do lose next week I'd give him the Barnsley game to get that vital 3 points. If we cant win that then it's beginning to look difficult for him.

Probably see how we do In the 3 games until the international break - Newcastle and Barnsley are tough but failure to win either and beat Preston would surely mean one win in 11 is reason enough to pull the trigger - Steve Bruce seems the name being touted by many , if we do fire rdm then a new manager needs to be ready to come straight in .

i imagine Steve round will have a huge input into any potential new manager .

Edited by Eastie

On 17 September 2016 at 18:17, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hughton would have been perfect. Would still be IMO, I'm a big fan. 

This is why we need to make a decision soon either way. Because certain managers possibly within reach may quickly become out of reach. 

He has two games to save his job IMO. 

Still no need to panic maters DDID? :P

completely agree in regards to hughton was my first choice but by the time we got our shit together he signed a new contract.

i think rowett for me would be best bet. He knows how to organise teams, he has managed to make a mediocre team look decent on shoe string budget.

(I agree with your point by the way)

Not realistic, but would be great - Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche.   Realistic - Gary Rowett, Dean Smith or Chris Houghton?   I think any one of those five would find the players, tactics and formations to get us out of this league.  

Would Rowett be able to manage a decent budget though?....He has worked wonders on Free's......when you do that there is little expectation and little pressure on you.

50mill heaps pressure on you.....and due to the past mess and the panic to recover ground, we have to bring in too many in one window....its is all a bit catch 22.

my worry is we are paying far too much over the odds for players who other clubs would pick up for next to nothing.

They see us coming as Lottery money.

Edited by TRO

Â