Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or we can have a whip around and have Villa Talk Villa Park! ( VT Villa Park )

Even when people won't subscribe to keep the site running? :mrgreen:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

On 17/05/2022 at 19:04, ender4 said:

Yes though we are so far behind the top 6 that even stuff like a 50k stadium leaves us behind the top 6.   

That's true, where I'm impatient is that there are certainly lots of press, pundits and media figures who would consider us below West Ham, Leicester and maybe Wolves and as a similar sized club to Brighton, Southampton or Crystal Palace.

No offence to those clubs, but I think all of them are operating pretty close to their ceilings - we're not, and I don't think our owners see us in that way - I think this might serve as notice of their ambitions to push this club forward in a way that the media and wider football world don't really seem to have picked up on.

• Like 4

On 18/05/2022 at 13:03, MrBlack said:

It's prime for renaming, especially as it is being rebuilt. Whether to honour the history or for the financial benefit of the club. I'm happy with either. 

How many stands are sponsored in the league? I know of stadiums sponsored, but can't think of individual stands?

Stadium naming rights don’t make that much money.  Newcastle under Mike Ashley tried to sell the naming rights for £2m and couldn’t so went with his own company.  

Naming rights for a stand would be no more than £100k a year. 

Still useful as every bit helps though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Those indicative pictures look horrendous. Looks like a 1970's council leisure centre has been built on the back of it. 

I'm concerned. 

Looks like they've dropped the Hotel idea then. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Good to see that the inner city academy is still part of the agenda.

The current North Stand, built in 1976, is in urgent need of upgrading.
Our plans will see the existing structure demolished and a state-of-the-art stand
built in its place. The enhancements will see increased general admission and
hospitality capacity, and a significantly upgraded food and beverage offering.
The Trinity Stand, which was rebuilt in 2001, will undergo enhancements to its
existing structure including the relocation of the players’ tunnel to the corner of
the pitch and a revamp of its current hospitality areas.

Ahhh.  They HAVE to relocate the tunnel so they can have those one way mirrors so the corporate punters can watch the player in the tunnel. It's the new big thing. 

Edited by sidcow

I am sure it will look better in the flesh but yes  it looks awfully leisure centre from the initial drawings. I had a vision in my head of an ultramodern stand .something like Selfridges .  red brick on anything new never looks good.  

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Those indicative pictures look horrendous. Looks like a 1970's council leisure centre has been built on the back of it. 

I'm concerned. 

At least they’re not turning it into another Star City which I was a bit concerned about when the last survey started talking about cinemas etc.

I wouldn’t take too much from the pics, they’re very basic. 

Not keen on the name Villa Live, it sounds more like a digital space rather than a physical space. Fans could have come up with better.

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm concerned. 

i think it looks good personally. realistically, how many guests would stay at that hotel on a non match weekend? in hindsight it was a daft idea and this is a better use of space

these are rough designs bear in mind and i trust that they'll get this right

that being said, there's an option to provide your feedback directly to the club, so maybe you should?

agree with @WallisFrizz on the name though...surely they can do better

• Like 2

I wouldn't be too concerned with the early draft drawings. I'm sure they'll get it more right than wrong and in any event significantly better than it is currently. 

We got so lucky with our new owners. 

• Like 4

I don't think those illustrations are meant to be too indicitive of what it will look like, they will want to save that for it's own reveal.

Purlsow has said in the video interivew published today that the detailed images and designs will be published shortly.

Cant believe people are moaning about the potential aesthetics to be honest.

We finally have owners who are increasing the capacity at Villa park and "filling in" the gaps around a new North Stand. 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 2

From looking at it now and thinking more about it  surely we should take more advantage of the only end where we are not compromised by land.  Fair enough if we think 50k will do us for many years , but maybe to think a bit bolder and go further up in the sky and get to say 55k would be great. 

Â