Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

49 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Even if villa have to subsidise payment for the drivers and the trains themselves, it's surely worth it.

Why should villa subsidise anything? People pay for their train tickets which makes a profit for the train companies (in theory). Its not like transport is a free service the council decide to let fans use. Think of the tax revenue from one matchday alone, that should be enough to get transport sorted but of course it wont be. 

15 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Why should villa subsidise anything? People pay for their train tickets which makes a profit for the train companies (in theory). Its not like transport is a free service the council decide to let fans use. Think of the tax revenue from one matchday alone, that should be enough to get transport sorted but of course it wont be. 

You answered your own question.

On 13/05/2022 at 16:21, ender4 said:

What's the general thoughts on timeline for the new North stand?  

I'm thinking they'll start the preliminary work behind the stand around December this year, then knock down the North in late April 2023 so we only lose the stand for 2-3 games at the end of the season.   

Then build, build, build over summer and have some seats (maybe the lower North) back in action by late Sept, so we only miss 2-3 games of the new season with no North stand.

Then complete the Upper North by December 2023.

Not a chance. Add a couple of years to that at least. They haven't even put the application in yet. Purslow said 'late summer' which could end being about October.

I think the tony xia idea has been taken and evolved from an  Aston villa theme park to an Aston villa retirement home.

It will be built onto the back of the new stand which will replace the old north stand.

First resident will be Danny ings followed by Coutihno..then Suarez and Ashley young with a smattering of ex Liverpool playing buddies of Gerrard.

50 quid a photo with them all...the club will make a fortune😝

40 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I really can't wait for this to be revealed. 

I think, a bit like the Coutinho signing, it'll be a step toward changing the way people think about us - a huge new stand, 50,000 fans and all the exciting stuff behind it will be a big visual, physical sign of the ambitions of our owners.

Right now, there are pundits and people in the press whose reaction to being asked about next season for us is "Yeah, I'll think they'll be safe" and we're not that, we don't want to be treated like that and it's not where our owners see us.

Some signings and a couple of massive new structures might well help open a few eyes.

Yes though we are so far behind the top 6 that even stuff like a 50k stadium leaves us behind the top 6.   

It’s going to take many years to catch up in everything, though NSWE are certainly having a go.

On 16/05/2022 at 20:46, villa89 said:

In the Bundesliga your get free public transport in the home city/town as part of your ticket. With the billions of pounds in the premier league something like that could be done, or at least a heavily subsidised day pass.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

In the Bundesliga your get free public transport in the home city/town as part of your ticket. With the billions of pounds in the premier league something like that could be done, or at least a heavily subsidised day pass.

It's not just the home city, it's an entire regions transport network, or sometimes multiple regions. I've been with Düsseldorf away fans to BMG (about equivalent to Villa going away to Cov or Wolves) and all public transport (trains and then shuttle bus to the stadium) was all free. I think the region that's free for BMG games goes as far as Dortmund, which is further than Villa going to Nottingham or Stoke.

On Claret and Blue Podcast, Kendrick was talking about the honour to the 82 heroes and that we don't do enough etc 

He put forward the notion of naming the new birth Stand in their honour. I actually think it's a great idea 

Whether or not other fans want to call us tinpot for hanging on about it, fact is, it's a tremendous achievement, in a time when you had to be Champions to qualify, and the highest honour a club can win.

I also watched the interviews with some of the 82 Legends and it was epic!

• Like 1

We have one mural in the Holte End and that is it for the biggest night in the club's history which will never be matched.  Something should be included in the new North Stand. Celtic make constant references to the 67 win and they are not described as tinpot.

• Like 1

FWIW i think liverpool, who obviously have the most wins for an english club, are incredibly proud of theirs too because they get it, if you think its tinpot or especially if you think its just another trophy then id feel a bit sorry for you as a football fan, i obviously want villa to have the success of those clubs but can you imagine winning the CL and thinking its nothing special? you're done as a football fan

renewed campaign to get that star on the shirt too, **** the FA

but that said i think we should sell the naming rights of the stand to the highest bidder, its coming, its just whether we do it at the start or 10 years down the line when everyone else has jumped on that bus

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

FWIW i think liverpool, who obviously have the most wins for an english club, are incredibly proud of theirs too because they get it, if you think its tinpot or especially if you think its just another trophy then id feel a bit sorry for you as a football fan, i obviously want villa to have the success of those clubs but can you imagine winning the CL and thinking its nothing special? you're done as a football fan

but that said i think we should sell the naming rights of the stand to the highest bidder, its coming, its just whether we do it at the start or 10 years down the line when everyone else has jumped on that bus

It's prime for renaming, especially as it is being rebuilt. Whether to honour the history or for the financial benefit of the club. I'm happy with either. 

How many stands are sponsored in the league? I know of stadiums sponsored, but can't think of individual stands?

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Real Madrid seem ok with all the wins as well. People that be bitter to have a dig will be Arsenal, Spurs fans who probably wont get a chance to win it in the current mould and maybe the local rivals oh also Leeds

Same fans saying living in the past will be bringing up 66 at every World Cup

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

We have one mural in the Holte End and that is it for the biggest night in the club's history which will never be matched.  Something should be included in the new North Stand. Celtic make constant references to the 67 win and they are not described as tinpot.

Man City are still striving to achieve tin pot status and they’re not alone in this lofty ambition. 

Â