Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

They often have  a bunch of seats in the lower holte right near the DE which they often don't sell which I presume because the view is restricted. That is thanks to Doug who rebuilt the Holte only then to reprofile the lower witton a couple of years later.

He then did it again to the Upper Tier of the Holte by building that garbage metal block between the two stands.

5 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

He then did it again to the Upper Tier of the Holte by building that garbage metal block between the two stands.

Wasn''t that supposed to be for TV broadcasts but Sky decided that they could not work in them? What are they used for now- is it the restaurant?

46 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Detracts from the historical uniqueness of our stadium in the same way that turning it into a bowl would.

You wot? We lost our historical uniqueness when he who shall not be named knocked the beautiful trinity road stand and built a new one from lego. This nonsense about keeping the stands standalone or wrap around is just that, nonsense. Same for the Holte. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I imagine they'll reallocate season ticket holders and there will be much reduced non-season tickets on sale for each match.

Don't think it'll be a huge deal, it'll just be very hard to get tickets for those games

Yeah, that's the obvious, but relatively easy part, perhaps?

I think the contention may arise around people with season tickets in the lower North, that cost, what - 500 quid?, being relocated to available seating in the Trinity or Holte or Witton Lane that costs a lot more - do the club let them keep their lower price band (and annoy the others in those stands) or do they charge the same (a lot more than N. stand costs) as the other people in those stands and annoy the north stand people who've been moved? Quite a lot of people kicked off when some season ticket holders got moved in the Trinity first when they made the middle tier more executivey in the  centre, and then again when the TV people got more of the lower tier. People get really attached to their seat and their view. 

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah, that's the obvious, but relatively easy part, perhaps?

I think the contention may arise around people with season tickets in the lower North, that cost, what - 500 quid?, being relocated to available seating in the Trinity or Holte or Witton Lane that costs a lot more - do the club let them keep their lower price band (and annoy the others in those stands) or do they charge the same (a lot more than N. stand costs) as the other people in those stands and annoy the north stand people who've been moved? Quite a lot of people kicked off when some season ticket holders got moved in the Trinity first when they made the middle tier more executivey in the  centre, and then again when the TV people got more of the lower tier. People get really attached to their seat and their view. 

yeah i'm glad i'm not the one that gets to make that decision. maybe something like you get to choose where you sit and get a 10% discount from wherever you move to by way of compensation? means a £600 holte end season ticket would cost them £540 so they pay a little more than they were originally, but not that much. and also not paying that much less than those around them. everyone is pissed of a little bit rather than having 1 group pissed off a lot

not to mention they have first dibbs of where they sit in the new north stand, of course.

i just hope that they don't sit near me, because in my experience there are some utter knobheads in the lower north! (the ones that sit near the away fans)

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but on the most basic back of fag packet maths how much would the stand cost to build and how much would it generate?  If Villa are adding 8000 capacity to the stadium, let's say £30 a seat 19 times a year then it's, what, £4.5m a season in ticket sales if everything sells out.  Throw in all the other revenue streams and it's gonna be higher, but I've got no idea how much higher.  Pricing a stand is anybody's guess isn't it?    Brentford built an entire stadium for £71m,  Fulham and Liverpool have both recently spent about £80m on a new stand.  

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but on the most basic back of fag packet maths how much would the stand cost to build and how much would it generate?  If Villa are adding 8000 capacity to the stadium, let's say £30 a seat 19 times a year then it's, what, £4.5m a season in ticket sales if everything sells out.  Throw in all the other revenue streams and it's gonna be higher, but I've got no idea how much higher.  Pricing a stand is anybody's guess isn't it?    Brentford built an entire stadium for £71m,  Fulham and Liverpool have both recently spent about £80m on a new stand.  

Add another 5m or so a year for the 2000 hospitality seats ?

Be interesting to see how the current state of the world effects this.

No idea about construction but everything seem to be more expensive and there seem to be a lack and waiting list on everything from conductors to cement and everything in between.

• Like 2

I’m also interested in the pedestrianisation of Witton Lane (I’ll be honest, I’m dead against it). It says from Traffic Island down to the stand, does that include the length of the stand, or just up to the stand? If it’s including the length of the stand, where will the traffic go? I guess it gives an indication of whether they’re able to rebuild the Witton Lane Stand, too, as if there’s no road then there’s much more space to expand than before. 

12 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

just seen 100m quoted for the whole lot, including the box park and all the additional infrastructure etc

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Be interesting to see how the current state of the world effects this.

No idea about construction but everything seem to be more expensive and there seem to be a lack and waiting list on everything from conductors to cement and everything in between.

Costs and wait times won't be good 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I’m also interested in the pedestrianisation of Witton Lane (I’ll be honest, I’m dead against it). It says from Traffic Island down to the stand, does that include the length of the stand, or just up to the stand? If it’s including the length of the stand, where will the traffic go? I guess it gives an indication of whether they’re able to rebuild the Witton Lane Stand, too, as if there’s no road then there’s much more space to expand than before. 

I cannot think of any reason in this universe why you would be against this?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

image.jpeg.cfa77722e4a9e8aec5a807f852f19ac3.jpeg

Does this seriously not scream Leisure Centre to anyone?  I surely can't be alone in this.

That image, yes... but if you think they'll go massive red brick wall with zero definition and zero features, and have it look shit you're bound to be wrong.  If it's undermining your enjoyment of this announcement, let it go until you see the detailed designs.

spacer.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

That image, yes...

Thank you. I thought I was going mental. 

That's my point. I know it's just a general representation but this is the most visible point of the whole development and pretty much hides the stand. 

It's what most people will see on their approach to the ground. There is A LOT to get wrong here. 

I would much prefer it sat a lot further back from the stand. 

Edited by sidcow

35 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Our costs won't be anywhere near that. Ross McCormack has recommended a builder. 

• Haha 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Thank you. I thought I was going mental. 

That's my point. I know it's just a general representation but this is the most visible point of the whole development and pretty nyxh hides the stand. 

It's what mosr people willing see on the approach. There is A LOT to get wrong here. 

I would much prefer other sat a lot further back from the stand. 

I think the issue is simply space.  They can't move it further back, without shrinking the size of our and, hence,  the services it can offer and capacity it can host.

Again, they will be absolutely making the most of the space allowed by planning. Pushing that building as far back to the houses behind as they're allowed,  and having as much space between it and the stand as possible to allow light and the comfortable, non compressed, transit of fans.

Again, I'd say wait till the details come out,  and see if you still have the same issues.

And even then, its still going to look more impressive in the flesh than in a drawing.

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

image.jpeg.cfa77722e4a9e8aec5a807f852f19ac3.jpeg

Does this seriously not scream Leisure Centre to anyone?  I surely can't be alone in this.

It does.

But I think its bothering you more than most of us. :) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Really happy, underlines NSWEs long term commitment to the club. Not that there was any doubt about it.

Exactly and adds value to the club so in their interests too

Â