Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

19 minutes ago, ender4 said:

They have 8,000 tickets for sale to non-season ticket holders every match. The North stand holds around 7,000. So for those games, they'd have to have season ticket holders only in the ground. 

They might also be able to negotiate with the PL to have no (or very minimal) away fans for those 2-3 games. In which case that could add another 2k empty seats for season ticket holders.

"You know that seat you bought for the whole season? For the last 2-3 games you can't sit together as a family."

I can't see it going down well.

There must be a standard practice for that kind of situation from stand rebuilds over the years.  I suspect we will try and build the stand round the back of the current North Stand and then do the front of it during the summer so may not even need to move fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

maybe we can share grounds with BCFC like they are with Coventry!  One big happy family 👀

can't wait.......

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

What's the general thoughts on timeline for the new North stand?  

I'm thinking they'll start the preliminary work behind the stand around December this year, then knock down the North in late April 2023 so we only lose the stand for 2-3 games at the end of the season.   

Then build, build, build over summer and have some seats (maybe the lower North) back in action by late Sept, so we only miss 2-3 games of the new season with no North stand.

Then complete the Upper North by December 2023.

If you replace ‘late April’ with ‘late May’ or more precisely, ‘day after the last home game of the season’, my guess is similar to yours. As @limpid wrote, they won’t want to turf out ST holders for the sake of a three or four weeks. My guess is only based on the build of the Holte End and I think the back/underneath of the new North Stand will be a lot more complex than the large but simple concourse areas and Holte Suite, so who knows for certain yet?

• Thanks 1

On 13/05/2022 at 22:41, brommy said:

If you replace ‘late April’ with ‘late May’ or more precisely, ‘day after the last home game of the season’, my guess is similar to yours. As @limpid wrote, they won’t want to turf out ST holders for the sake of a three or four weeks. My guess is only based on the build of the Holte End and I think the back/underneath of the new North Stand will be a lot more complex than the large but simple concourse areas and Holte Suite, so who knows for certain yet?

Somebody a few seasons back played the first 5 or 6 games away as work was being done on the stadium. It might have been Spurs before they opened the new stadium or Liverpool with the new stand

• Like 1

On 13/05/2022 at 19:50, DaveAV1 said:

What’s wrong with Bescott?

Too big for small heath. 

On 13/05/2022 at 21:58, Talldarkandransome said:

Does that include the 3 week rain break and staff walk out due to working outside

I'd get a barn up in that time if I had 100 people who knew what they were doing working on it!

On 13/05/2022 at 22:58, Talldarkandransome said:

Does that include the 3 week rain break and staff walk out due to working outside

If you pause it after 7 seconds the guy on the far right is doing it differently to how it's detailed in their RAMS

• Haha 1

On 13/05/2022 at 17:21, ender4 said:

What's the general thoughts on timeline for the new North stand?  

I'm thinking they'll start the preliminary work behind the stand around December this year, then knock down the North in late April 2023 so we only lose the stand for 2-3 games at the end of the season.   

Then build, build, build over summer and have some seats (maybe the lower North) back in action by late Sept, so we only miss 2-3 games of the new season with no North stand.

Then complete the Upper North by December 2023.

If planning is submitted this summer then they won't have a main contractor in place by the end of this year

Start works next summer sounds about right, planning signed off say July or August, 2 months to put together a tender pack, 3 month bid phase, 1 month review of prices, 1 month final negotiation and sign contract, 1 month lead in, means they could break ground march or April ish at the earliest, given the season time lines they'll give themselves that extra bit of time and start when the season ends, at best the contractor might land their cabins and start enabling works before but not real physical works on site 

We still haven't broken ground on the academy building have we? 

• Like 1

I know there has been a lot of coverage around transport issues around VP, specifically trains. However, I drove in and parked yesterday which is normal for me. With the roadworks at Perry Barr interchange I carried on the M5 to the M6 and got off at Spaghetti Junction. I parked at the 5 a side place just there. Either leisure league or power league or something. 

My goodness. What a nightmare getting out and away. Took over an hour to get out the car park, despite being back at the car relatively quickly and ahead of a lot of people. 

The parking nearby needs addressing too, as it was appalling. 

I usually park the other side just up from Tesco and this is much easier and quicker than what I experienced yesterday, but never again will I park spaghetti junction side!

18 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I know there has been a lot of coverage around transport issues around VP, specifically trains. However, I drove in and parked yesterday which is normal for me. With the roadworks at Perry Barr interchange I carried on the M5 to the M6 and got off at Spaghetti Junction. I parked at the 5 a side place just there. Either leisure league or power league or something. 

My goodness. What a nightmare getting out and away. Took over an hour to get out the car park, despite being back at the car relatively quickly and ahead of a lot of people. 

I usually park the other side just up from Tesco and this is much easier and quicker than what I experienced yesterday, but never again will I park spaghetti junction side!

I don't know why they don't just close the road other than access to frontages at say 4:15 then reopen when the traffic goes?

Park and ride would be so useful - take half a dozen car parks around the city and bus people in from them - park at the car park, bus in, bus back, drive home.

In terms of public transport, I was looking at the recent Spurs/Arsenal game and transport, and it's a different world.

Post-match, four trains per hour are expected to operate in both directions with northbound services split equally to Enfield Town and Cheshunt. All southbound services will terminate at Liverpool Street.  Two additional services from White Hart Lane to Liverpool Street will depart at 10.06pm and 11.56pm. All trains will be made up of eight carriages.

Post-match, eight northbound and 10 southbound trains per hour will call at Northumberland Park, including all southbound Stansted Express services. Six trains serve Liverpool Street and four serve Stratford. All services will also call at Tottenham Hale.

Victoria line services will be operating every two minutes in both directions pre-match and every 2-3 minutes post-match until 11:15pm when the train frequency will then gradually reduce to every 5-6 minutes around midnight.

That's a total of 82 trains available in the hour after the game - I think we have 4.

Keep that in mind if people ask how Spurs and their new stadium do this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Park and ride would be so useful - take half a dozen car parks around the city and bus people in from them - park at the car park, bus in, bus back, drive home.

In terms of public transport, I was looking at the recent Spurs/Arsenal game and transport, and it's a different world.

That's a total of 82 trains available in the hour after the game - I think we have 4.

Keep that in mind if people ask how Spurs and their new stadium do this.

You can only assume that they'll be discussing additional train services post match as part of their planning application to extend capacity. There is just no way they can avoid it.

Even if villa have to subsidise payment for the drivers and the trains themselves, it's surely worth it.

6 hours ago, villan-scott said:

If you're parking round that way might aswell turn left instead and go to Star City. 10 minutes extra walk compared to Power league but much quicker to get away after matches.

Club really should put on some shuttle buses from there aswell for those who don't want to walk 20 + minutes to VP.

It's something Andy Street should be all over. TFL becomes such a hot topic here in London and most know it's the mayor's job to sort out. It doesn't always mean things go as you'd hope but there just seems to be much more focus on the transport system here, and it's a hot political topic - for lots of reasons we don't need to get into here, not just because it comes under the mayor's workload.

But the transport in and around the city is such as focus and it just never felt like it was when I was in the Midlands.

The local newspaper outlets need to make it a political choice for the the Mayor to have to either fix or ignore, it needs to be an important topic. Then the football clubs can piggy back on that.

Wes will be used to in America being able to negotiate with the city / market his team are in. It happens and awful lot in US Sport (although more in NFL than Basketball I believe) to get the best terms out of the local authorities. Would really work in NSWE favour to have those negotiations and have it also be a hot political topic in terms of getting us the best terms / result 

• Like 1

Â