Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

The clues in the name. Aston Hotel. 

Not that building, the one that's a woman's refuge - there's a new accommodation block behind the Aston Hotel and then a lovely old building next to it on Witton Road.

4 minutes ago, chappy said:

Anyone know why the Aston Hotel closed? Used to like it as a pre/post match option around 10 years ago.

Even if you lived nearby, would you consider, even for a moment, going in there if it wasn't a matchday? Me neither.

Trying to survive on 20 odd busy days a year can't be a particularly sustainable business.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Get on it Villans.

goodform.welcomesyourfeedback.net/s/AVFC_Fan_Survey     -     That's the direct link.

I might have mentioned that map I posted further up and CPO’s lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Already top tier and with improvements to come. Lovely, especially form a ManU fan.

How the hell has this guy come out with the falling down blose p1sscorner in very good??? , moron 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chine said:

How the hell has this guy come out with the falling down blose p1sscorner in very good??? , moron 

Oh it's just nonsense, he is a manU clown, as long as he got them in the top tier I'd say the rest is just random, apart from us of course.

• Haha 3

Coming from an “outsider” (in terms of location, not fandom):

i would’ve gone to VP every single day of my visit to Brum if there was more to do. As it currently is, I saw everything I wanted in the two hours before the match I attended.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Coming from an “outsider” (in terms of location, not fandom):

i would’ve gone to VP every single day of my visit to Brum if there was more to do. As it currently is, I saw everything I wanted in the two hours before the match I attended.

As funny as the misinterpretation of Swiss Tony's "theme park" was (as a tourist in China I can tell you they would call somewhere like bicester or even star city a "themed park") he was right, it needs something 

I think you did well to spend two hours there and I include the match time in that :trollface:

Fan Park with a digbeth dining club food and drink vendor set up is the answer for me

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

As funny as the misinterpretation of Swiss Tony's "theme park" was (as a tourist in China I can tell you they would call somewhere like bicester or even star city a "themed park") he was right, it needs something 

I think you did well to spend two hours there and I include the match time in that :trollface:

Fan Park with a digbeth dining club food and drink vendor set up is the answer for me

A good restaurant and pub would’ve done the trick for me, although I’m a simple person.

10 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

A good restaurant and pub would’ve done the trick for me, although I’m a simple person.

I think a pub is the same as the ground, the locals can't sustain it due to the demographic (largely poor, I'm guessing fair few Muslim?) 

Its hard to run a good pub there that's only full 19 times a year

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think a pub is the same as the ground, the locals can't sustain it due to the demographic (largely poor, I'm guessing fair few Muslim?) 

Its hard to run a good pub there that's only full 19 times a year

Very true.

Plus in the Brum area there’s approximately 3 pubs on every block. That’s some stiff competition

Â