Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

It does.

But I think its bothering you more than most of us. :) 

Yeah well, The Trinity Road stand bothers me...  A lot. 

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

image.jpeg.cfa77722e4a9e8aec5a807f852f19ac3.jpeg

Does this seriously not scream Leisure Centre to anyone?  I surely can't be alone in this.

As someone who has built a fair few leisure centres no 😉 if it was a cladding panel then yeah it starts to lean towards a sports hall (which based on the inside that part actually is...) but the curtain walling / atrium area no I don't see it 

As for the costs... Its a complete guess because I don't know 2 things which have a huge impact on the cost - ground conditions and material spec

If we do use facing brick then straight away it will be more expensive than Fulham, Brentford, Liverpool etc because they went lightweight construction

Been out of the country for 3.5 years now and the prices have gone mental but I would guess for the live building somewhere around £4k per m2 GIFA but honest I don't know with the post brexit war prices anymore, the stand I haven't got a clue, never done one 

More than anything I hope we use facing brick as it suits the rest of the ground, it'll cost more and take longer but it will be worth it 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Does anyone have any idea how reduced the capacity will be while building work will be going on?

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Capacity while the North stand is demolished and rebuilt will be reduced to around 35k for that 18 month period

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Yeah, that's the obvious, but relatively easy part, perhaps?

I think the contention may arise around people with season tickets in the lower North, that cost, what - 500 quid?, being relocated to available seating in the Trinity or Holte or Witton Lane that costs a lot more - do the club let them keep their lower price band (and annoy the others in those stands) or do they charge the same (a lot more than N. stand costs) as the other people in those stands and annoy the north stand people who've been moved? Quite a lot of people kicked off when some season ticket holders got moved in the Trinity first when they made the middle tier more executivey in the  centre, and then again when the TV people got more of the lower tier. People get really attached to their seat and their view. 

My guess is now a lot of the season ticket holders in the north are new season ticket holders as a fair few moved to areas of the Holte which are at the same price and currently offer a lot better facilities. For now.  So perhaps not so attached to their seats. Just a theory though.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Does anyone have any idea how reduced the capacity will be while building work will be going on?

Yeah I do. I read about it on this thread about 10 minutes ago. 

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Does this seriously not scream Leisure Centre to anyone?  I surely can't be alone in this.

It’s in keeping with the rest of the ground though, if they were to use brick. However I could also see them using a nice render finish in that part rather than just having the bricks on show. 

In fairness there aren’t too many ways it can look without having structural elements on show, however that really wouldn’t be in keeping with the rest of the ground at all. 

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But... it is a leisure centre.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I’m also interested in the pedestrianisation of Witton Lane (I’ll be honest, I’m dead against it). It says from Traffic Island down to the stand, does that include the length of the stand, or just up to the stand? If it’s including the length of the stand, where will the traffic go? I guess it gives an indication of whether they’re able to rebuild the Witton Lane Stand, too, as if there’s no road then there’s much more space to expand than before. 

45 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I cannot think of any reason in this universe why you would be against this?

Think the attached might answer your question sid

12 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Our owners are unbelievable. The ambition we've got was unfathomable just a few years ago. 

These plans and the end result will have elements that won't satisfy everyone, but that's the way it goes. This is huge.

image.png.316c2c9b41eda8b59b1d3d2f94931ae0.png

Â