Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

In order for the stand to wrap around they will need to re-profile the trinity and remove rows as the stand ends past the goal line. The curve would need to start earlier. I’m worried how they will marry a new North Stand to the Witton without looking odd . I think it will be similar to the Holte and extend past the sideline but not wrap around and join it. If they can ever rebuild the Witton then I think we’d see a full horse shoe layout. 

One of Randy's plans involved shortening the Trinity at a cost of 1,000 seats so that the curve round would be more natural.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

It was interesting that in the video he stated we had a 20,000 + waiting list for season tickets. 

If true the 58,000 target could be realistic. 

Only relevant for another season or so as those numbers will drop off if a finish of 15th or so happens this season. Fans will get bored and drop off realising there isn't much chance of success.

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Watching the interview again Purslow mentions the North stand doesn’t reach the corners doesn’t necessarily mean they will join the new stand with the Trinity . Look at the difference between the current north stand width and the New Anfield Road stand. Crucially it keeps the charm of Villa park’s x4 stands 

46BA6EBD-F7FF-4CDA-B1A0-028EBD8F35A5.jpeg

D1E1962C-3452-48A1-A3D1-5D0D0A7F197F.jpeg

Superd.

All very exciting. Would love it if the facade of the new stand was like the Holte or the old Trinity. Speaking of, I don’t think they’d have got away with the Trinity refurb in the age of social media. They got rid of something so beautiful. 

I’ve filled in the two surveys, nice to be able to give honest feedback on the matchday experience, wonder how much attention they’ll pay to the qualitative comments though as opposed to just looking at the results of the multiple choice sections.

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

When you're talking about national involvement for infrastructure as part of the Euro Championship bid, I wonder if they are also looking at taking The Metro down The Lichfield Road. 

Fortress is involved with heavy rail investment already, maybe a mixture of local and national public money together with private investment could get a line built. 

There's surely no way they'd be able to get another metro extension done in time.

(Not that it's a bad idea in general, but I don't see any way that gets done by 2028)

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's surely no way they'd be able to get another metro extension done in time.

(Not that it's a bad idea in general, but I don't see any way that gets done by 2028)

Well they COULD but yes, with the glacial way things work in this country it's massively unlikely. They would have to start the process pretty much now. 

There is something called LR55 tramtrack that's much faster to lay than what Brum currently does. I'm not sure why it's not wider used. 

But yes, it was more speculation than actual expectation on my part. It took them 4 years to get from Moor Street to New Street 😂😂

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well they COULD but yes, with the glacial way things work in this county it's massively unlikely. They would have to start the process pretty much now. 

There is something called LR55 tramtrack that's much faster to lay than what Brum currently does. I'm not sure why it's not wider used. 

But yes, it was more speculation than actual expectation on my part. It took them 4 years to get from Moor Street to New Street 😂😂

There's also the small matter that the whole network keeps being shut down as well!

• Like 1

On 16/04/2022 at 04:05, Sam-AVFC said:

The only issue I could see with planning is if the council insist on a S106 agreement that sees us having to make an unfeasibly large payment to improve local infrastructure.

Keep in mind these discussions will not start when the planning application goes in. They are already happening. Like Purslow said in his interview.

& the Small Heath bias on the part of the local authority planning committee, that always seems to have a disproportionate amount of bitter Noses like these on it: 

image.jpeg.48a8b37b4f08d36d3a3232bf32f99af6.jpeg image.jpeg.cfc40504e3ae0c5dfac82594cdd3151a.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, John said:

& the Small Heath bias on the part of the local authority planning committee, that always seems to have a disproportionate amount of bitter Noses like these on it: 

image.jpeg.48a8b37b4f08d36d3a3232bf32f99af6.jpeg image.jpeg.cfc40504e3ae0c5dfac82594cdd3151a.jpeg

Let's hope they're more interested in creating an amazing venue for the Euros so Birmingham can get some of the international recognition it deserves!

I think the planning committee will be steered from above on this one anyway. Wes and Nas might need to start schmoozing whoever took over from Robert Jenrick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Let's hope they're more interested in creating an amazing venue for the Euros so Birmingham can get some of the international recognition it deserves!

I think the planning committee will be steered from above on this one anyway. Wes and Nas might need to start schmoozing whoever took over from Robert Jenrick.

Wes Edens: Excuse me Mr Gove, would you care to give me 5 minutes of your time to discuss the ambitious plans for my teams football stadium. By the way would you like a sandwich??"

Gove puts his hand in sandwich bag:

Stream Brown Paper Bag Freestyle by GoodTone | Listen online for free on  SoundCloud

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Wes Edens: Excuse me Mr Gove, would you care to give me 5 minutes of your time to discuss the ambitious plans for my teams football stadium. By the way would you like a sandwich??"

Gove puts his hand in sandwich bag:

Stream Brown Paper Bag Freestyle by GoodTone | Listen online for free on  SoundCloud

Ahh, it's Gove. Perhaps a different bag may be more effective.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I have absolute faith in this appalling council to cause us as many problems as possible and make a balls up of this.

Incompetent showers of shit they are.

As a planning professional, I can assure, this is basically true of every council and local committee ever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

I have absolute faith in this appalling council to cause us as many problems as possible and make a balls up of this.

Incompetent showers of shit they are.

Whilst I agree with you, I hope that NSWE are different gravy and will brush aside, politely of course, the idiots at the council, who will be so far out of their depth, they’ll largely do as they’re told. 

These guys are big, international businessmen. Not the corner shop owner, a bloke with daddy’s cheque book or a half baked chancer borrowing money he couldn’t pay back to faceless Chinese investors looking for a quick buck. 

46 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

As a planning professional, I can assure, this is basically true of every council and local committee ever.

Having routinely dealt with the civil service in a completely separate area of property it used to provide me great comfort when planning colleagues described similar frustrations, but with the added pain of public consultations.

Some of the stuff I was told the public put forward as issues convinced me it's impossible to get a community fully on board with any change. I'd like to think most people living in sight of Villa Park will be fans though.

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

To be fair he made a point of saying how positive the council had been. 

The council will be caught in NSWE’s bright shiny headlights. They’ll be made to look good and maybe offered positions in rich corporate entities. Everyone’s a winner. 

Â