Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

I think it’s likely the corners will be filled and if the money is still flowing from the owners in 6 years time and we are regularly filling the stadium then the Doug Ellis stand will go the same way with just the holte staying as it is.

Remember before anything we have to pass planning too

Edited by paul514

The only issue I could see with planning is if the council insist on a S106 agreement that sees us having to make an unfeasibly large payment to improve local infrastructure.

Keep in mind these discussions will not start when the planning application goes in. They are already happening. Like Purslow said in his interview.

• Like 1

If the trinity joined the new north stand i find it hard to imagine how they will incorporate them together in the corner. i wonder will the upper tier wrap around the corner too? The way its angled would mean alot of work

I went to an Ipswich town game the other week, and the pre game hospitality was a killer comapred to Villa.

Massive open space for fans, kids playing football and games, mascots taking pictures, burgers, chicken, beers, massive screen with highlights on, bars.

It was Ipswich so it was a bit "low budget" but I was there with the family and we spent 2 hours before the game and an hour after just enjoying it all.

I also remember a man city CL game I went to in 2015 - similar thing but obviously more "polished". 

I hope we do something similar soon - that's how you get the kids to buy into the club! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I went to an Ipswich town game the other week, and the pre game hospitality was a killer comapred to Villa.

Massive open space for fans, kids playing football and games, mascots taking pictures, burgers, chicken, beers, massive screen with highlights on, bars.

It was Ipswich so it was a bit "low budget" but I was there with the family and we spent 2 hours before the game and an hour after just enjoying it all.

I also remember a man city CL game I went to in 2015 - similar thing but obviously more "polished". 

I hope we do something similar soon - that's how you get the kids to buy into the club! 

We would absolutely spend more time there and go over on none matchdays too, really hope we knock it out of the park. There should be a founding fathers football league museum type of gig too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Richie k said:

If the trinity joined the new north stand i find it hard to imagine how they will incorporate them together in the corner. i wonder will the upper tier wrap around the corner too? The way its angled would mean alot of work

I wouldn't mind both corners filled in like a massive horseshoe with a free standing massive Holte End, add a third tier to it or better still, what others have suggested one gigantic tier like before, we want the opposition to be bricking themselves at the thought of playing Infront of that big barstard Holte End.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Richie k said:

In order for the stand to wrap around they will need to re-profile the trinity and remove rows as the stand ends past the goal line. The curve would need to start earlier. I’m worried how they will marry a new North Stand to the Witton without looking odd . I think it will be similar to the Holte and extend past the sideline but not wrap around and join it. If they can ever rebuild the Witton then I think we’d see a full horse shoe layout. 

• Like 1

The season ticket list thing can be a bit misleading in terms of selling out - we don't need that many of the people on the list to buy tickets in order to sell out.

If we go to 50,000, you'd expect us to add a few thousand season tickets to the availability, maybe 6,000 more, bringing us to 35,000 in total - so 1 in 4 of the people on the list would need to follow up on their interest and buy one (although probably more than 1 in 4 with people not renewing after the price rises).

35,000 season ticket holders, 3,000 away fans, 1,500 single match hospitality tickets and 500 for the club, media, sponsors and competition winners would bring us to about 40,000 and leave us around 10,000 to sell for each matchday - I think that's a reasonable balance and one that wouldn't see us too far away from a 50,000 capacity each week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

I’m worried how they will marry a new North Stand to the Witton without looking odd . 

I'm not. They will do this right with top architects so keep the aesthetic right. 

This ain't Doug Ellis doing stuff on the cheap. 

• Like 1

There was a partnership showcase of the new plans around 5/6 weeks ago. Cazoo, Cadbury, Etoro and all partners/sponsors were in attendance. 

The person I know was there and is also a Villa fan, and had nothing but positive things to say about it when we caught up this morning. 

It sounds like all the things we are hearing rumours on are likely. More things to do around the ground. Building the North Stand back out into the car park. Changing the whole landscape back there. He also mentioned like a box park type arrangement. 

As expected the biggest barrier they have had is the infrastructure around VP, and train issues etc. I’m assuming that now we’ve gone public about the plans officially and planning is going in these have been resolved. 

Exciting times. Can’t wait to see these drawings. 

When you're talking about national involvement for infrastructure as part of the Euro Championship bid, I wonder if they are also looking at taking The Metro down The Lichfield Road. 

Fortress is involved with heavy rail investment already, maybe a mixture of local and national public money together with private investment could get a line built. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

When you're talking about national involvement for infrastructure as part of the Euro Championship bid, I wonder if they are also looking at taking The Metro down The Lichfield Road. 

Fortress is involved with heavy rail investment already, maybe a mixture of local and national public money together with private investment could get a line built. 

Yeah when I saw the other comment about planning wanting some infrastructure upgrade as part of our development my first thought was if we get this in to the euro bid do we apply for money for that reason

We pay for the new stand and increased capacity but we take a bag of cash from the FA and give it to brum council for train station upgrades, works well for everyone 

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

In order for the stand to wrap around they will need to re-profile the trinity and remove rows as the stand ends past the goal line. The curve would need to start earlier. I’m worried how they will marry a new North Stand to the Witton without looking odd . I think it will be similar to the Holte and extend past the sideline but not wrap around and join it. If they can ever rebuild the Witton then I think we’d see a full horse shoe layout. 

I'm not sure they'd need to re-profile the Trinity Road, I think they'd just move the goal line a little bit. I also don't think they'll join the North Stand onto the existing Witton lane, I agree, I think it'll be similar to the Holte in how it ends at that side.

Â