Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

25 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't think we can influence who he sells to. ATM I think he is very poor owner - does he care ? I am not sure either way. To me if he cared he would be busy now searching for another CEO - I don't know that he isn't. But if he is trying to run Aston Villa over a series of long distances phone calls then perhaps he doesn't care.

like others I will be majorly surprised if he ever sets foot inside VP again.

Ps I don'y think he does care. We're a business and a project to him, one he thought he could make a quick buck out of, but maybe I say that with the last month fresh in my mind. I like you doubted his intentions from the get go....

31 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

I think he has a very very thin skin. Early days he was giving any journo that doubted him a #jerkalist reply and #fakenews what a clearing in the woods he looks now as he goes cap in hand asking for cash.........................but it's ok he's got loads of cash......honest!!!

Put me down for one baseball cap please and a baseball bat in case it gets messy ??

As has been said, you need a couple of hundred folk to agree to annoy the bloke beyond belief, then it'll grow.

Billboards around the ground are a really cheap effective start, get some supporters to design biting (but legal) parodies of Xia, and post them around VP a week before the first game. Get them all over twitter, you'll be surprised how easy it is to get right under the skin of the fake billionaires....

5 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

How about bringing a lawsuit against him for fraud or something, we have paid for tickets etc in the believe of investment, champions league football, a theme park etc etc. Not it would of course be unfounded and would loose the case, but it could be worth the cost just to give him negative publicity. "Fans suing owner for broken promises", "Fans suing owner for being a fraud". Bet the Brittish media could come up with some tasty headlines. 

The future King is a Villa fan, surely destroying The King’s football club is treasonable. Orff with his head!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The future King is a Villa fan, surely destroying The King’s football club is treasonable. Orff with his head!!

20 years in The Tower MINIMUM giving him a chance to have a good long think about what he's done. 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Don't underestimate the vanity factor of the billionaires

Maybe if Tony ever meets one he can verify the truth of this. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wanted to believe after the painful end to the Lerner’s tenure .... warning signs were there early doors but still kept faith... started to hear bad rumours very early on when I was at OUFC of something was not quite right and was he our true owner and did he actually have the wealth he claimed. The background noise grew but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.... what I have since been told regarding samuels role (has it actually ever ended ??! ) unverifiable backers, dodgy loans, Wyness being a puppet for Samuel, round being a puppet for Wyness, overpaying on wages where we didn’t need to, grandiose plans with no chance of reality. Asking clubs if we can defer payments owed, and there’s more but libel laws .... one day it will all come out .... I’ve been told today not to be surprised if more comes out this week and Xia’ s plan is to act like a naive China man taking advantage of by Wyness and will shift all blame to Wyness and round whilst saying he shares in it... a big PR drive will be heading our way and many will fall for it no doubt but the guy is not legit and cannot be allowed to ruin us anymore... BofAmericaMerrilLynch should of realised something wasn’t quite right surely ? 

What really ducked me off in his letter (obviously written by Luke Organ) is that we should readjust our expectations..... just **** off .... how did Cardiff do last season on loans and frees and we supposedly have the promotion god managing us.... basically he is saying we can’t get promoted without money... 

Xia out ! 

Very good point made re Cardiff!   What's the betting after 5/6 games of the new season we here the excuses like "what do fans expect", "we now have a very thin squad" etc, but quite rightly said above, Cardiff in the main built a squad out of loans and free transfers.  

Being skint doesn't mean we have no hope!  More difficult yes, but let's hope the club don't throw the towel in early doors.  Building the right mentality around the whole club is key now.  

7 hours ago, TheEgo said:

I think he has a very very thin skin. Early days he was giving any journo that doubted him a #jerkalist reply and #fakenews what a clearing in the woods he looks now as he goes cap in hand asking for cash.........................but it's ok he's got loads of cash......honest!!!

Put me down for one baseball cap please and a baseball bat in case it gets messy ??

remember his petty feud with Ian bloody Holloway, thats enough for me to know he was a clown

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

I wanted to believe after the painful end to the Lerner’s tenure .... warning signs were there early doors but still kept faith... started to hear bad rumours very early on when I was at OUFC of something was not quite right and was he our true owner and did he actually have the wealth he claimed. The background noise grew but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.... what I have since been told regarding samuels role (has it actually ever ended ??! ) unverifiable backers, dodgy loans, Wyness being a puppet for Samuel, round being a puppet for Wyness, overpaying on wages where we didn’t need to, grandiose plans with no chance of reality. Asking clubs if we can defer payments owed, and there’s more but libel laws .... one day it will all come out .... I’ve been told today not to be surprised if more comes out this week and Xia’ s plan is to act like a naive China man taking advantage of by Wyness and will shift all blame to Wyness and round whilst saying he shares in it... a big PR drive will be heading our way and many will fall for it no doubt but the guy is not legit and cannot be allowed to ruin us anymore... BofAmericaMerrilLynch should of realised something wasn’t quite right surely ? 

What really ducked me off in his letter (obviously written by Luke Organ) is that we should readjust our expectations..... just **** off .... how did Cardiff do last season on loans and frees and we supposedly have the promotion god managing us.... basically he is saying we can’t get promoted without money... 

Xia out ! 

Some interesting comments amongst some dross from 2 years ago.

9 hours ago, AVTuco said:

It's in The Mirror. Moxley is just fanning the flames he also claims Levy "has little intention of raising his offer (for Jack) above £10m". Fake news with a liberal helping of inaccurate monetary information.

Just something that has been bothering me all through this. How could Lerner sell to Xia? Surely to goodness due diligence was explored yet nothing was discovered?

Lerner and whoever was employed to look into Xia's business background should take a very large portion of blame for selling to him.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, hippo said:

Just a thought under Xia we have mostly been a winning team - and yet he is already very unpopular. You might think we can't touch him - he owns the club and sells it as and when he wishes. Don't underestimate the vanity factor of the billionaires* - He won't like being laughed at, ridiculed and all the abuse that is going to come his way. We can shift Dr Loony - I am sure of it.

I will be ordering my Xia Out baseball cap shortly... 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Darth Villa said:

Hollis was brought in to sell the club and I don't believe Xia was his first choice either. 

Oh he was. When asked if Xia was the only option Hollis said "No. As of two months ago we had half a dozen serious buyers. That came down to four and then two in the last couple of weeks. Of those two, Tony Xia was the preferred candidate.”

Hollis Explains Sale To Xia

• Like 1

Â