Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Because you are not (yet) 100% convinced of our pending doom, you are defending Xia, defensive yourself, part of a fan club and presumably will always be these things because if you ever have shown one opinion, you will always show that opinion without fail.

Something like that Noel. It’s great fun, whatever it is.

*impending*

we had loads of these.

They don't help. 

17 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Im not convinced we are doomed and will go bankrupt. Not enough information for me to make that conclusion. Am I defending him or in the grey area?

you will never have that cast iron information though. You always have to make judgement - for example if we signed a striker tomorrow - some will say 'looks a good move sure he will score goals for us'  - others will say  'Nah he was poor at xxx club' - others will say lets wait and see.

IMO our chances of a return to the top flight are pretty close zero while he remains. He will only take us on a downward spiral. 

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That's pretty much it. 

The hattrick of terrible news. 

Okay, cheers for clarifying.

I would say selling Grealish is our biggest setback of the three.

That said I don't know what the future under Xia holds, and has been ominous for some time.

Bruce, while not ideal, is a seasoned pro at this level and will give us some predictability. Or should I say stability/familiarity?

He does give some positive news given all the crap that had been spouted of recent about where our club could be at.

13 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Does a lair lie 100% of the time? Is that the way your mind works? That seems like a pretty flawed logic to me, and is what I was disagreeing with. Nothing in my post was defending Xia.

No but it does mean you are more and more suspicious of everything he says. His credibility is close to zero  in my book.

Even in that open letter he claims to have had several conversations with SB - As xia must have been out the country those conversations must have been over the telephone. only problem with that is Xia doesn't speak English and Bruce doesn't speak chinese. Sure there are ways around it .....but thats IMO looks like another white lie 

• Like 1

I think the timing of the letter is key, were clearly selling players to balance the books but we knew that already. So i'm guessing it's bye to Jack next week (Tuesday always seems a popular day for such things) and a few others.

Seems Bruce is staying and so is Xia - so if we survive the summer from a financial perspective then we've at least a season of both staying put.

Now I really am depressed..???

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think that's the case at all. I think one or two posts may have done it. Everything else has raised valid concerns and questions given everything we know. 

I haven’t said everyone is doing it.

The one or two posters doing it will inevitably be the ones that are the most criticical of him and probably are the ones calling for statements from the club. This is my point.

I’m sure I saw one poster moaning that what has been said could have been said weeks ago, and yet in the letter Tony says that he’s been busy making ‘many business decisions that have been required to be taken as the implications of losing the play-off final’. Take it as lies if you wish. I read this to mean that he’s been busy trying to get/move money to help with the financial shortfall we’re facing. 

I would consider minority investment stakes that bring strategic value to the club to help us achieve our goals but this will be considered extremely carefully

We are bank loan free but continue to evaluate opportunities to create sensible solutions with regards to financing as is common in most business practises

Sounds like a man who doesn't have any cash left to pump in. 

Meh, he's about as trustworthy as the press in my opinion. Are we debt free? I doubt it. Are we imminently going into administration? I doubt it. 

I'm more annoyed that, with our new patient, considered and youthful approach, he elected to keep the manager in charge. 

Anyway, next summer will be telling. The rolling 3 year FFP window will have rolled past our first season in the Championship where we spent a hell of a lot of money. Suddenly next summer we can spend big again. Will he? I hope he's learnt his lesson. Can he? I doubt it without investment. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

No but it does mean you are more and more suspicious of everything he says. His credibility is close to zero  in my book.

Even in that open letter he claims to have had several conversations with SB - As xia must have been out the country those conversations must have been over the telephone. only problem with that is Xia doesn't speak English and Bruce doesn't speak chinese. Sure there are ways around it .....but thats IMO looks like another white lie 

Well spotted.

Although with technology as it is it's perfectly possible translators were involved, given the magnitude of our situation, I would be surprised had they not spoken on some level.

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

I’m suspicious of what Xia says. Who wouldn’t be.

But I will take what I can from that letter. There are a number of points that remain uncertain, but at least it gives us clarity that Bruce is staying, Xia isn’t selling (I’m sure we were told a party was going through due diligence), players will be sold, youth will be used, loans have been converted to equity. Etc etc. Of course you could chose to believe that the whole letter is 100% lies, but do you not think that Xia would quickly get caught out if all of a sudden Bruce is sacked and the EFL come out saying “we did raise concerns about the lack of footballing knowledge at the club”? It doesn’t make sense for him to post a completely false letter.

Also, Xia does speak English. Poorly maybe, but he speaks English.

• Like 1

Purely for making an impotent point but where are the press articles about how close we are to missing July's bills? I assume if the previous articles were worth their salt then we can expect the same every month? Or was that stuff just plain old fashionable?

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I haven’t said everyone is doing it.

The one or two posters doing it will inevitably be the ones that are the most criticical of him and probably are the ones calling for statements from the club. This is my point.

I’m sure I saw one poster moaning that what has been said could have been said weeks ago, and yet in the letter Tony says that he’s been busy making ‘many business decisions that have been required to be taken as the implications of losing the play-off final’. Take it as lies if you wish. I read this to mean that he’s been busy trying to get/move money to help with the financial shortfall we’re facing. 

Buts thats pretty much a given. I don't see how that stops clarifying the position about the other stuff weeks ago.

Id rather have the statement than not. But it doesn't fill with any great hope, but I am past hoping from Xia -  all I want to hear from him is that he is longer our owner. I am firmly off the fence whatever he says or does will be bad news in my book - I never trusted him from the start and see even less reason to trust him now. Unfair ? maybe - but thats where I am at.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Buts thats pretty much a given. I don't see how that stops clarifying the position about the other stuff weeks ago.

Id rather have the statement than not. But it doesn't fill with any great hope, but I am past hoping from Xia -  all I want to hear from him is that he is longer our owner. I am firmly off the fence whatever he says or does will be bad news in my book - I never trusted him from the start and see even less reason to trust him now. Unfair ? maybe - but thats where I am at.

At least you’re honest :thumb: I’d rather have a discussion with you than simply be labelled defensive or a ‘Xia fan’ by others just because I’m not off the fence.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

But I will take what I can from that letter. There are a number of points that remain uncertain, but at least it gives us clarity that Bruce is staying, Xia isn’t selling (I’m sure we were told a party was going through due diligence), players will be sold, youth will be used, loans have been converted to equity. Etc etc. Of course you could chose to believe that the whole letter is 100% lies, but do you not think that Xia would quickly get caught out if all of a sudden Bruce is sacked and the EFL come out saying “we did raise concerns about the lack of footballing knowledge at the club”? It doesn’t make sense for him to post a completely false letter.

Personally thats not off the table in my book.

He has said completely false stuff before - The theme park, he was going to live in the uk, he owned five listed companies, he was buying a 2bn US logistics firm.  I don't think sacking Bruce a few weeks down the line - and being called to book by the EFL is going to phase him to be honest. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

It didn't make sense to tell the media he was worth well over a billion. Or pretend he purchased a major movie production company. It doesn't make sense for a lot of liars to tell lies, yet that's part of being a fraud. 

I don't think the letter is completely false. And that's a shame because a lot of the truth is telling us how he has pretty much **** us up in the space of 2 years. 

If a PL team ever finishes with less than 11 points I will join their forum just to see if they get bombarded with Derby fans telling them how much worse it will definitely get for them, you know, to "help" 

Â