Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, paul1984 said:

So a new figure of 75 million to find.... suspiciously like that stupid 6 million loss per month that was parroted in the papers or the supposed 45m needed for FFP plus 30m investment figure......

God I wish we could see the accounts to get the actual truth the media is bloody useless.

I think it is telling isn't it that in the open letter Xia took the time to address a number of the stories that have been written but didn't address the one regarding the 5 million pound we are haemorrhaging every month. Suggests that one may not be too wide of the mark.  

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I think it is telling isn't it that in the open letter Xia took the time to address a number of the stories that have been written but didn't address the one regarding the 5 million pound we are haemorrhaging every month. Suggests that one may not be too wide of the mark.  

It's Impossible that we are losing 60 million per year, that is more than the entire wage bill for the year in season where we recouped 15m more than we spent on transfer fees.

7 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Oh he was. When asked if Xia was the only option Hollis said "No. As of two months ago we had half a dozen serious buyers. That came down to four and then two in the last couple of weeks. Of those two, Tony Xia was the preferred candidate.”

Hollis Explains Sale To Xia

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Hollis got a backhander from Samuelson and whoever else is in the consortium behind Xia.

Football is a dirty business filled with dubious characters.

15 minutes ago, paul1984 said:

It's Impossible that we are losing 60 million per year, that is more than the entire wage bill for the year in season where we recouped 15m more than we spent on transfer fees.

No level of loss is impossible when you are owned by a crook, GFH charged us over £20 million in "management fees" over less than 12 months. If you have no cash left, then the entire wage bill, and anything else you owe, are your shortfall as things stand.

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

It makes me feel like the biggest mug. I bought in to it.

I am starting to feel the same mate. But dont feel bad, nothing wrong with trying to enjoy your club again and wanting to believe the deathride decade was over. Sadly it isnt but fans are the last people to bear any blame. It just sucks :(

• Like 4

Some good may come out of all this.We made huge losses under Lerner and under Xia wages and transfer fees have been too high.I think Villa fans must accept some responsibility for this.Doug Ellis for all his faults kept a tight control on wages and transfers.He managed to keep spending in line with our income.I remember fans demanding he spend more money and  fans rejoiced when he sold.

Since then we have had 2 owners who did exactly what the fans wanted and what happened?

Relegation and bankruptcy.

We need to follow a very simple policy,our out goings must not be greater than our income.

The hardest part for us is we  are going to have to adjust our expectations accordingly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Some good may come out of all this.We made huge losses under Lerner and under Xia wages and transfer fees have been too high.I think Villa fans must accept some responsibility for this.Doug Ellis for all his faults kept a tight control on wages and transfers.He managed to keep spending in line with our income.I remember fans demanding he spend more money and  fans rejoiced when he sold.

Since then we have had 2 owners who did exactly what the fans wanted and what happened?

Relegation and bankruptcy.

We need to follow a very simple policy,our out goings must not be greater than our income.

The hardest part for us is we  are going to have to adjust our expectations accordingly

I think that is a fair point.....but IMO that is not the same as quelling your ambitions...... Cardiff spent 29m on wages as opposed to our 61m......prudency is key, not unlimited funds.

Expectation is a burden.....Ambition is a goal.

• Like 2

Read the Swiss ramble write up earlier and the accounts and I don’t not think the quoted £75mill is far off .... that’s our total operating costs as things stand wages, outstanding fees owed etc. Now we know this seasons parachute payments have been spent along with I’ve been told season ticket revenue & tv money... we have outsourced catering and merchandise and doubt that hasn’t been borrowed against and spent perhaps as well. That leaves us with very little income to cover operating costs moving forward other than selling assets. The best assets to sell are our youth players for FFP purposes. Selling hogan for a loss vs saving wages does not match up and would be detrimental in that respect, so selling Grealish  Davis or RHM & greene is the best for us financially. Basically we are well and truly fu c ked with One outcome  in my eyes.... administration sometime over the next year. Cheers guys and good luck Ho 

3 hours ago, paul1984 said:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, John said:

Let's not eulogise about him. He kept a tight control on wages and transfers because it suited him to do it. He took over the champions of Europe and got the club relegated in five seasons. He called the likes of us mere men of the terraces. He took millions out of the club in salary and when selling it. I was one of those fans that you mention and I think he, the man he sold it to along with the current custodian rather than the fans should take the responsibility for this. 

I agree, let's not. And whilst I agree with your general point about Mr Ellis even he shouldn't be held accountable for the actions of others imo.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" and all that.

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I agree, let's not. And whilst I agree with your general point about Mr Ellis even he shouldn't be held accountable for the actions of others imo.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" and all that.

He's way more responsible than us fans for our current plight though but he's history now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

My main point is that when people call for change and that change doesn't work out accept some responsibility for the aftermath.

I will accept my small share of any responsibility on the same day that he does. ;)

• Like 1

Just now, John said:

He's way more responsible than us fans for our current plight though but he's history now.

They're all as bad as each other sadly, to be blunt. Differing shades of dairrhea brown maybe.

We're just the poor suckers left to rue the day unfortunately.

It has got to the point where there is little other path to tread than that of sustainability and, while we're hurting now, however long this takes, it's what we have needed for a long, long time.

As for Xia, well he's shown himself up. As you rightly say that has little to do with us.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Apart from the season we were relegated with him as owner, of course. And the 1994/95 season was a close run thing too, down to the last day of the season that one went to.

Ellis was shit. Lerner was shit. Xia unfortunately appears to be shit too.

They all have different ways of proving it, which keeps it varied at least.

I remember watching that last game, 1994/95, on a big screen sitting in the lower Holte, we were away at Norwich I think. 

I think Ellis was a businessman who always put himself first. The fact he tried to erase 1980/81 and 81/82 from our history because he wasn’t owner then will always be unforgivable for me. However he wasn’t a business idiot and we were generally well run, mainly perhaps because he employed the right people, i.e. Steve Stride, to run the club. He just couldn’t or wouldn’t take us to the next level, because he wouldn’t take a financial risk with what he thought was his money, when of course it was the club’s.

Lerner was an idiot who had inherited his Dad’s money and thought that the club could run itself. But at least he chucked his own money at it and I don’t believe his failure was malicious. He just stopped really caring and this along with his ineptitude finally beat him.

I’m of the opinion now that Xia never had much money of his own, probably had a few mates with links to the Chinese Government and just winged it, hoping for promotion and a quick exit and a pocket full of cash. His continued clinging on damages us by the day and I don’t think he could care less about Villa, he’ll asset strip us for every penny. He’s just trying to grab as much as he can before he inevitably goes. The worry is if we have anything left once he’s gone. We could end up with no training ground or even a stadium. How much of the compo from HS2 do you think we will see? He’s a total crook who the football authorities allowed to drive a coach and horses through their pathetic rules and regulations. 

Â