Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, hooter said:

I think VP is classed as an asset of community value, our Trust managed to get the same status for Elland Road.

If so, my understanding is it gives partial protection, it can't be sold on without "the community" (in our case I believe that means the Supporters trust) being given 6 months (I think ) to try and come up with a bid to buy it.

I don't think there is any obligation to accept that bid, even if it matches any other, but the long and short of it is you'd get plenty of notice if there was a plan to sell the ground, whereas ours just passed into the hands of an unknown BVI entity almost overnight back in the day.

This is correct.

Misleadingly, the Trust issued a statement saying the ground couldn’t be sold due to it being registered as an “ asset of community value”. The true position is exactly as you’ve stated it......particularly that the owner is under no obligation to sell to any particular party.

Edited by terrytini
Oops it’s been said !
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

This is correct.

Misleadingly, the Trust issued a statement saying the ground couldn’t be sold due to it being registered as an “ asset of community value”. The true position is exactly as you’ve stated it......particularly that the owner is under no obligation to sell to any particular party.

If I was Xia and looking to make what I could out of this shambles drawing on historic precedent, I'd put VP on the market now to get the 6 month clock ticking asap and then sell at a £10m discount to market value to whatever BVI owner fancied extracting rent for the next 20 years, whilst pocketing a £5m facilitation fee through a side deal - either openly for "consultancy" or via a payment to another BVI registered shell.    In fact, I might even set up my own BVI company to do that deal, appointing another one as an "agent" and copping a 25% fee for facilitating the sale, smuggling both cash and assets out of the club at well under value before the club gets anywhere near admin.  That way I'd have Villa Park plus £5m (or whatever) of the sale price rebated back to me before anyone could join the dots.  Might then sell the BVI holding company for a multiple of the rent income, which would bypass that difficult community asset nonsense and win me some more money.  Might even start to get close to recouping whatever minimal cash I put in to get the club in the first place.  What do you reckon @hooter?  Reckon if Xia isnt up for it, there are people we know who would be.  Has anyone got Hisham on the phone recently?  Or Stanley?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WaccoeOnline said:

If I was Xia and looking to make what I could out of this shambles drawing on historic precedent, I'd put VP on the market now to get the 6 month clock ticking asap and then sell at a £10m discount to market value to whatever BVI owner fancied extracting rent for the next 20 years, whilst pocketing a £5m facilitation fee through a side deal - either openly for "consultancy" or via a payment to another BVI registered shell.    In fact, I might even set up my own BVI company to do that deal, appointing another one as an "agent" and copping a 25% fee for facilitating the sale, smuggling both cash and assets out of the club at well under value before the club gets anywhere near admin.  That way I'd have Villa Park plus £5m (or whatever) of the sale price rebated back to me before anyone could join the dots.  Might then sell the BVI holding company for a multiple of the rent income, which would bypass that difficult community asset nonsense and win me some more money.  Might even start to get close to recouping whatever minimal cash I put in to get the club in the first place.  What do you reckon @hooter?  Reckon if Xia isnt up for it, there are people we know who would be.  Has anyone got Hisham on the phone recently?  Or Stanley?

It brings me out in a cold sweat just remembering some of the details, scum the lot of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

So as far as Villa Park is concerned, we get 6 months notice before we get done from the rear with the rough end of a pineapple. ?

To be honest, I don't know which end of the pineapple I'd prefer.

• Haha 1

Blues going into a Transfer Embargo has tickled me given the grief I had by Blues fans over the summer. Another Chinese owner not fit for the job. Seriously the EFL needs to get a grip and have a proper luck at all this. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I really hope you’re right about Villa Park TRO. You’ll remember when we had no training ground in the late 60s and we’re going cap in hand to schools for places to train. This guy won’t worry about putting us into that position as long as he gets his hands on the dosh. 

The funny thing is ....ever since the training ground was finished we have done crap.

Now I am not blaming the training ground in isolation, before I get misconstrued.....but it makes you wonder when they turn up, if they think they've arrived in the big time.

just seems strange to me.....i thought we was going on the big things with this state of the art training ground, its had the adverse affect.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

The funny thing is ....ever since the training ground was finished we have done crap.

Now I am not blaming the training ground in isolation, before I get misconstrued.....but it makes you wonder when they turn up, if they think they've arrived in the big time.

just seems strange to me.....i thought we was going on the big things with this state of the art training ground, its had the adverse affect.

I read this when you said it on the Bruce thread. I do think it's a pure coincidence, a bit like us being cursed etc!! I'd say the finishing of the training ground coincided  with a period of new owners (it was just being finalised under Ellis) who didn't know what they were doing. We've wasted 10/12 years with poor decisions. 

19 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

I read this when you said it on the Bruce thread. I do think it's a pure coincidence, a bit like us being cursed etc!! I'd say the finishing of the training ground coincided  with a period of new owners (it was just being finalised under Ellis) who didn't know what they were doing. We've wasted 10/12 years with poor decisions. 

It could be of course pure coincidence.

I have always had a bit of a cynical doubt.....holiday camp and all that...over pampering etc.

Edited by TRO

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

It could be of course pure coincidence.

I have always had a bit of a cynical doubt.....holiday camp and all that...over pampering etc.

I don't know about Villa per se, but footballers on the whole are over pampered, so it can't just be something at Villa. Our training ground is pretty much standard for all top clubs now too. 

Just watched Bruce on Sky talking about the situation. Made it clear that Xia is looking for investment but would like to keep control if possible.

Either way, Bruce said Xia needs to make his mind up about what he wants to do long term and used to the words 'if he has any money or not'.

Nothing we don't necessarily already know, just odd hearing it from Bruce. 

• Like 2

When even the manager is commenting on it, it makes you wonder.

We have no idea  what his net worth is, other than him suggesting he's multi billionaire. Someone with that level of resources wouldn't struggle to pay the **** bills though.

I think he's full of shit, and I wonder how much we owe him. 

• Like 1

Not that I think he really cares but surely Xia must know there is no way he'll ever be embraced by the fans again after the impending sale of Grealish.

Due to his mismanagement and poor personal choices we are being forced to sell the one good thing all us fans could pin our hopes around after all the crap we've had to endure over the last 6 or so years.

He will rightly be loathed to a level Lerner wasn't even close to and if he ever set his foot on VP (or whatever it will be sold and renamed as) he  will tared and feathered.

For the love of McGrath just take the loss and humiliation and sell up asap.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Not that I think he really cares but surely Xia must know there is no way he'll ever be embraced by the fans again after the impending sale of Grealish.

I really don't think he realises how much shit he's about to get over this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Just watched Bruce on Sky talking about the situation. Made it clear that Xia is looking for investment but would like to keep control if possible.

Either way, Bruce said Xia needs to make his mind up about what he wants to do long term and used to the words 'if he has any money or not'.

Nothing we don't necessarily already know, just odd hearing it from Bruce. 

I think the point was Xia or any other owner coming in with money makes no dif , FFP will hold us back 

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I really don't think he realises how much shit he's about to get over this.

He thinks he's coming across as some genuine lifelong fan rather than an opportunistic conman who thought he found a way to make some easy cash. 

Doesn't even have a tattoo on his calf.

5 minutes ago, Nabby said:

I think the point was Xia or any other owner coming in with money makes no dif , FFP will hold us back 

if this is true, why is Xia going on about how keen he is to secure outside investment? 

If he has cash, but investment doesn't solve the FFP issue, why would he need investment? He's a multi billionaire, after all. :detect:

• Like 1

Up until recent events I had supported and backed the owner, and gave him the benefit of the doubt. However, the Bruce interview has really hammered home what a shit show we have become, and the carelessness that has taken place for us to get into this position. 

It was a ludicrous gamble to take. I hope he doesn’t have a 32Red account as he’ll be even more bankrupt with this terrible gambling form!

I am at a point where I’m not angry, just disappointed and hurt at the mire we are in because of this stewardship. Looking back 12 months it was positive and rosy, with JT signing amongst other things. Believe me I would have preferred having no JT and Snodgrass for a year, and keeping Grealish and others for longer. 

I will continue to support the club through these tough times, but Xia can go f**k himself. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

if this is true, why is Xia going on about how keen he is to secure outside investment? 

If he has cash, but investment doesn't solve the FFP issue, why would he need investment? He's a multi billionaire, after all. :detect:

He wants investment for cashflow , but won't fix FFP .Investment can't reduce FFP loss's of which ours are huge and the EFL has stiffer sanctions now i.e we keep Jack spend cash and are top of the league they can give us a point reduction so we fall out of play off positions ,though I imagine if we tried to spend now they would stop us registering a player as they have done with Birmingham today

Â