Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

11 minutes ago, Dick said:

You must have missed the Lerner-out campaign we put together on this forum.

Think at the time we probably thought you were lucky to have Lerner compared to the filth in charge of our club :lol:

4 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

I hope he gets the toxic reception he deserves if he ever sets foot in B6 on a matchday again.

Yes, sounds very productive.

Will you be going Bruce a standing ovation for his efforts?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh ok then I’ll applaud Xia. Is that more productive?

What’s Bruce got to do with this?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

I hope he gets the toxic reception he deserves if he ever sets foot in B6 on a matchday again.

IMO, Absolutely no chance he ever attends VP again. I cannot see him ever returning to the UK. He may we’ll be a complete fraud and a liar.....but he’s not stupid. 

46 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I disagree, we're united when it counts, the McLeish and Lerner out campains for example. Discussions on message boards are another thing that should not be blown out of proportion.

Well I'd say it COUNTS NOW, so who leads  on these things? Who do I need to speak too? Does anyone really have an appetite to protest? i've not seen one on any message board, twitter or real life.

15 minutes ago, eholm said:

IMO, Absolutely no chance he ever attends VP again. I cannot see him ever returning to the UK. He may we’ll be a complete fraud and a liar.....but he’s not stupid. 

Surely now he’s become not just owner but acting CEO he’ll be in and out of Villa Park every day :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Exhibit A haha!! No appetite at all to protest in anyway, shape or form. A weary, battle hardened fan base that is split and apathetic. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Well I'd say it COUNTS NOW, so who leads  on these things? Who do I need to speak too? Does anyone really have an appetite to protest? i've not seen one on any message board, twitter or real life.

Careful you may be derided by some for being unproductive

Just now, Robbie09 said:

Careful you may be derided by some for being unproductive

When it comes to protests, it's a very polarising topic. Maybe one suitable to it's own thread maybe? 

26 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

The sale of Jack will probably cause much discontent, and if things get worse probably supporter groups will take the lead. Individual initiatives on forums like this one would also be commendable. For it to work I'd suggest a unifying approach towards fellow villans, it's usually most productive.

I think most of us would have doubts about Xia at this moment. But in fairness it's much we don't know, and when the time is for a proper protest that most would support is probably also too early to be sure of. If for example a miracle happens and Jack stays and we get investment in from a good investor, I would hesitate to participate in a protest even if I want Xia out. 

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

12 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

The sale of Jack will probably cause much discontent, and if things get worse probably supporter groups will take the lead. Individual initiatives on forums like this one would also be commendable. For it to work I'd suggest a unifying approach towards fellow villans, it's usually most productive.

I think most of us would have doubts about Xia at this moment. But in fairness it's much we don't know, and when the time is for a proper protest that most would support is probably also too early to be sure of. If for example a miracle happens and Jack stays and we get investment in from a good investor, I would hesitate to participate in a protest even if I want Xia out. 

Good points there mate. 

I noticed a HUGE switch in mentality on social media with the realisation that Jack will be sold, throw in Chester and say Kodjia and there may be an appetite and anger amongst fans to protest. Xia's comments, whilst welcomed (as we all asked for it) was depressing and I'd suggest a little disingenuous in parts. 

I've been massively disappointed with the VillaView fan group. Sucked up to the club to get access to VP and staff and haven't said a word all summer. They can't proclaim to be a fan group when things are rosey but then not hold the club accountable. As for the Trust they're a largely irrelevant and need to modernise and fast. If you had the Trusts objectives behind something like the 'The Villa View' reach across different SM platforms then they might have a chance. 

15 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Good points there mate. 

I noticed a HUGE switch in mentality on social media with the realisation that Jack will be sold, throw in Chester and say Kodjia and there may be an appetite and anger amongst fans to protest. Xia's comments, whilst welcomed (as we all asked for it) was depressing and I'd suggest a little disingenuous in parts. 

I've been massively disappointed with the VillaView fan group. Sucked up to the club to get access to VP and staff and haven't said a word all summer. They can't proclaim to be a fan group when things are rosey but then not hold the club accountable. As for the Trust they're a largely irrelevant and need to modernise and fast. If you had the Trusts objectives behind something like the 'The Villa View' reach across different SM platforms then they might have a chance. 

I don't know what the Villa View has done, but perhaps they take a soft approach which sometimes can be even more efficient. If they have access to VP and staff then that's a great thing. The Trust I think have made some quite sharp statements lately.

This is what I mean with a unifying approach, reaching out to them not slating them.  

The thing was before we had an eager seller in Lerner who was actively trying to sell the club for at least a year and a half ... I agreed with the idea behind the protests but you cannot claim they were a decisive factor in Lerner finally selling up ... now 3-4 years on the knives are out once again and rightly so but this time against an owner who appears not to want to sell .... 

We need to rid ourselves of him as quickly as possible he is a cancer . 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

The thing was before we had an eager seller in Lerner who was actively trying to sell the club for at least a year and a half ... I agreed with the idea behind the protests but you cannot claim they were a decisive factor in Lerner finally selling up ... now 3-4 years on the knives are out once again and rightly so but this time against an owner who appears not to want to sell .... 

We need to rid ourselves of him as quickly as possible he is a cancer . 

Just a thought under Xia we have mostly been a winning team - and yet he is already very unpopular. You might think we can't touch him - he owns the club and sells it as and when he wishes. Don't underestimate the vanity factor of the billionaires* - He won't like being laughed at, ridiculed and all the abuse that is going to come his way. We can shift Dr Loony - I am sure of it.

I will be ordering my Xia Out baseball cap shortly... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I don't know what the Villa View has done, but perhaps they take a soft approach which sometimes can be even more efficient. If they have access to VP and staff then that's a great thing. The Trust I think have made some quite sharp statements lately.

This is what I mean with a unifying approach, reaching out to them not slating them.  

They haven't done or said ANYTHING, that  was my point. I'm not saying they have to come out and lambast the club that's my job ha) but say something. Reach out to the Trust and give them a platform. Interview them on their YouTube channel or podcast (or any of those fan groups) Many fans don't know who or what they do. We need them now and I think we need protests as we clearly have an owner that's publicly digging his heels in and let's be honest fobbing fans off. If he won't go easy, let's force him to sell. Make it impossible for him to stay. 

I guess the flip side to that is we don't want him to sell to just anyone, so it's a delicate balance. Most of all we want to be kept informed and we want it to be the truth, so I guess what I'm waffling on about and getting at is we need to hold him accountable at every step and we need fan groups/sites to do that. Let's heap the pressure on as the local press are like a wet lettuce.

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Just a thought under Xia we have mostly been a winning team - and yet he is already very unpopular. You might think we can't touch him - he owns the club and sells it as and when he wishes. Don't underestimate the vanity factor of the billionaires* - He won't like being laughed at, ridiculed and all the abuse that is going to come his way. We can shift Dr Loony - I am sure of it.

I will be ordering my Xia Out baseball cap shortly... 

I think he has a very very thin skin. Early days he was giving any journo that doubted him a #jerkalist reply and #fakenews what a clearing in the woods he looks now as he goes cap in hand asking for cash.........................but it's ok he's got loads of cash......honest!!!

Put me down for one baseball cap please and a baseball bat in case it gets messy ??

3 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

They haven't done or said ANYTHING, that  was my point. I'm not saying they have to come out and lambast the club that's my job ha) but say something. Reach out to the Trust and give them a platform. Interview them on their YouTube channel or podcast (or any of those fan groups) Many fans don't know who or what they do. We need them now and I think we need protests as we clearly have an owner that's publicly digging his heels in and let's be honest fobbing fans off. If he won't go easy, let's force him to sell. Make it impossible for him to stay. 

I guess the flip side to that is we don't want him to sell to just anyone, so it's a delicate balance. Most of all we want to be kept informed and we want it to be the truth, so I guess what I'm waffling on about and getting at is we need to hold him accountable at every step and we need fan groups/sites to do that. Let's heap the pressure on as the local press are like a wet lettuce.

I don't think we can influence who he sells to. ATM I think he is very poor owner - does he care ? I am not sure either way. To me if he cared he would be busy now searching for another CEO - I don't know that he isn't. But if he is trying to run Aston Villa over a series of long distances phone calls then perhaps he doesn't care.

like others I will be majorly surprised if he ever sets foot inside VP again.

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't think we can influence who he sells to. ATM I think he is very poor owner - does he care ? I am not sure either way. To me if he cared he would be busy now searching for another CEO - I don't know that he isn't. But if he is trying to run Aston Villa over a series of long distances phone calls then perhaps he doesn't care.

like others I will be majorly surprised if he ever sets foot inside VP again.

I'm in no way suggesting we can. Cross wires I think. I'm saying the only real possible negative to a full on protest would be in his hurry to leave he may just sell to any old group, as opposed a more thought out sale, but then in ,y eyes he's a clueless numpty who will most likely sell to the highest bidder regardless.

Â