Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I **** hated lerner but to his credit, he actively looked to sell knowing it was for the best. 

I genuinely think Xia will hold on no matter what. 

While not caring he also tried to hire CEOs and backroom staff to make us look at least like a football club

Xia is no better than Carson Yeung

• Like 1

I cant believe I got a warning at start of this thread for criticizing Xia and his bullshit :o 

but the man has to go and the Football League should be ashamed of themselves

• Like 1

Like others I've stuck up for Xia countless times, turns out he's a total charlatan and it seems he's going to be stubborn and stick around. I didn't think it could get worse than the Lerner era.. 

• Like 1

I am still not sure about Xia

Is he a complete crook or was he somebody who gambled and lost.

Does he want to get a return on his investment or is he going to bankrupt the club?.

Others here seem very certain Bertrand Russell said if you certain about anything you almost certainly wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Does he want to get a return on his investment or is he going to bankrupt the club?.

Others here seem very certain Bertrand Russell said if you certain about anything you almost certainly wrong.

does the 2nd part not indicate he is the first? no sensible businessman gambles on a football club

Well it looks like it was watch out for Friday...... for nothing to happen ?

Back to usual then what are we losing per year, how much have we lost in the three year period etc..... can't find out until the accounts come out in the spring..... ?

No doubt whatsoever in my mind that the longer he remains in control the worse it is for the Club.

Our best realistic hope by far is to go into Administration, gut the whole organisation, and start again.

Whilst I’m not overly keen on the guy, I hope Howard Hodgson takes this view and is readying for this scenario.

The only question for me, is how long ? Each passing week will mean there is less of a Club to save.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Are those two things mutually exclusive?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Londonastonvilla said:

I'll see your Bertrand Russell and raise you a William of Ockham.

9 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't know about trust him.....but I didn't think this would happen.

I have to say hippo....when the initial proclamation about taking Europe by storm in 5 seasons or whatever it was.....I started to smell a rat.

but to say, I could see this coming would be a lie.....lets be honest, I didn't want to see this coming, I had just got over Lerner.

I will never trust another "stranger" as owner of the club.....too many have let me down.

How far do you have to go back to find our last good owner, I only remember as far back as the Big Ron era, so I don’t think I’ve ever known a good owner.

The early Lerner days were exciting but we all know how that went.

11 hours ago, tomav84 said:

who else except round and some medical fella have left? did i miss something?

The director of football has gone, the CEO and the one of the most highly respected medics in football. I don’t see any other club loosing such high profile figures without there being a complete meltdown or a change of ownership. 

Now Xia has spoken it appears that he wants to remain as owner. I’d put that alongside European domination in 5 years on the believability scale.

As for looking for someone to shore up his complete mess, the chances of anyone pumping money in without control of it are about the same as Germany winning the World Cup next week. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Straggler said:

It is a joke that he had the nerve to call this a comprehensive update as the only thing his statement comprehensively does is dodge the big questions.

Why was the tax bill missed? Why was Wyness fired? Why was not getting promotion not planned for? Why is FFP compliance being treated like a surprise situation, it has been talked about for the whole of last season. If FFP is the real issue why is additional outside investment needed? 

It is basically a very long way of saying that he messed up and does not have a clue how to fix it. 0% trust from me.

The focus on FFP is total misdirection. It is mentioned heavily in Xia’s letter but the real and well known issue at villa is the lack of operating cash to pay our tax bills and creditors. Funny how that issue didn’t get a mention.

Xia will now freely sell off our player and other assets under the guise of: “my hands are tied with FFP!”, when in reality he is trying to squeeze a return out of his failed investment. I’d go as far as to say that Xia is ecstatic about FFP as it provides a convenient smokescreen for unpopular financial decisions that are coming.

• Like 4

If Xia is financially screwed as he appears surely getting some money for the club is better than getting nothing if it goes into administration. 

10 minutes ago, dubbs said:

If Xia is financially screwed as he appears surely getting some money for the club is better than getting nothing if it goes into administration. 

He still has the option he is now taking which will be to sell players of any real value and I fully expect to see Grealish, Chester, Kodjia, Adomah and possibly Hourihane leave in the next couple of weeks. That should bring in 40 mill+

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

So it’s Bye bye Jack, Kodjia, Adomah, Chester Davis, Greene, Hourihane, 

&

Hello. McGoldrick, Glenn Johnson, Huth, Cattermole it is then 

Cheers Dr X You ducking fraud 

• Sad 1

Â