Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I don't know what others think but this situation we've got ourselves into has completely lowered expectations and means we are going to have to rely on the youth of our club. In fact we're going to have to operate like we used to all those years ago when we brought through players like Little and Deehan and Gidman and Shaw just to name a few. I really enjoyed it then. I think we can create a trench mentality. I think we're going to be OK. I'm glad Bruce at least has stayed, we need his experience now. The time has come to all stand together no matter what we think and help our great club through this, I'm sure we can. Remember who really owns this club not some fly-by-night Chinaman with no money, US THE FANS that's who. We'll be here long after he's gone UTV

• Like 2

It's an absolute scandal that this fraud got past the football league vetting! Why buy a football club if you can't afford to run a football club? Villa is part of us, Xia probably never heard of us till 2 years ago in his suit that doesn't fit. Alarm bells much? 

I'll always support villa but I'm getting so fed up with how we've been ran and that no one cares. I don't think I can invest as much time, money or love for the club until we see some positivty. It plays with my emotions too much, makes me sad, depressed and angry. I feel sorry for the girlfriend. 

UTV VTID

• Like 2

Can picture him sitting at home alone watching The Emoji Movie on his home theater over and over again feeling sorry for himself refusing to answer his phone desperately trying to come up with his next move.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Up until recent events I had supported and backed the owner, and gave him the benefit of the doubt. However, the Bruce interview has really hammered home what a shit show we have become, and the carelessness that has taken place for us to get into this position. 

It was a ludicrous gamble to take. I hope he doesn’t have a 32Red account as he’ll be even more bankrupt with this terrible gambling form!

I am at a point where I’m not angry, just disappointed and hurt at the mire we are in because of this stewardship. Looking back 12 months it was positive and rosy, with JT signing amongst other things. Believe me I would have preferred having no JT and Snodgrass for a year, and keeping Grealish and others for longer. 

I will continue to support the club through these tough times, but Xia can go f**k himself. 

Me too, this for me is about as bad as it gets without us going under. Losing Chester is bad enough but Grealish now after 6 months in form is just devastating. We wont even get what he probably truly is worth either. Its just absolutely typical that this happens to us with what could potentially be the best player to come out of Villa. Thanks Doc...

Bruce's interview has really hammered home the catastrophy this blokes "Management" of the club has caused. I was hoping it was a few issues in the short term and he would sort it out... 

Thankfully for us fans Villa will be still around long after he has left... its going to be another one of those final Lerner seasons this year at least... wow to think we had saw the back of that rubbish..

Xia's legacy at Villa will be written the day Jack is sold...

• Like 2

I get the Xia bashing to some degree but wasnt it inevitable that we would lose Grealish if we didnt get promoted.  Bigger clubs were bound to come in and unsettle him to get him in the premier league, this has just made it easier because we have financial issues.  Believing that Grealish was going to stay if we werent in financial difficulties seems a little naive as good players get picked off easily from championship clubs that dont get promoted.

Also saying we would rather not have snograss and JT, two of our better players last season seems a little strange.  We were one game away from promotion and this wouldve been all rosy.  Not having JT, Snograss and Johnstone means a much weaker team and we may not have made the playoffs.  If we had started the season without them and some of the other players, this fan board wouldve been in uproar that we arent trying for promotion.  

It's a very fine line and it didnt pay off, I get that and it's causing us problems now but the other option wouldve not been acceptable a year ago either by this fan base.

• Like 1

I get the impression Tony knows well now to stay clear and release the odd statement.

Anger and frustrations aside - I am trying to make sense of events and where we stand. We do not have a player embargo (blues) we do not have players on strike (Bolton) - we do not have any major payments missed (as far as we/the media know). As Bruce put it simply, we are 'behind' on FFP thus player sales.

Are we to assume that the club is not in immediate financial peril?

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I get the impression Tony knows well now to stay clear and release the odd statement.

Anger and frustrations aside - I am trying to make sense of events and where we stand. We do not have a player embargo (blues) we do not have players on strike (Bolton) - we do not have any major payments missed (as far as we/the media know). As Bruce put it simply, we are 'behind' on FFP thus player sales.

Are we to assume that the club is not in immediate financial peril?

Is this a genuine question? We know that ANY investment will not improve FFP so why us TX so eager to get external investment in.....simply because he does not have the money to fund the day to day run of the club in the short to medium term, let alone the long term. The guy is a charlatan with no cash if his own hence his necessity for financial assistance. He is also too stubborn. or too indebted to his current investors, to sell the club at a realistic price. Even SB questioned if TX has enough money or not!!

I don’t understand your reluctance to accept that TX is skint and that unless he gets some investment soon admin is a very real possibility.....unless of course he uses player sales monies to keep the Club running instead of complying with our FFP obligations. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

I don't know what others think but this situation we've got ourselves into has completely lowered expectations and means we are going to have to rely on the youth of our club. In fact we're going to have to operate like we used to all those years ago when we brought through players like Little and Deehan and Gidman and Shaw just to name a few. I really enjoyed it then. I think we can create a trench mentality. I think we're going to be OK. I'm glad Bruce at least has stayed, we need his experience now. The time has come to all stand together no matter what we think and help our great club through this, I'm sure we can. Remember who really owns this club not some fly-by-night Chinaman with no money, US THE FANS that's who. We'll be here long after he's gone UTV

So did I but it has been many years since we had players of that calibre come through our youth system at the same time and unlike now we were able to buy players like Bruce Rioch, Andy Gray and Dennis Mortimer to play alongside them. it is rare for a team to have more than a couple of youth players in it at the same time now. Since then we have brought through quality players such as Mark Walters, Tony Daley and Jack but it is asking a lot of the academy and the young men from it to fill in all of the gaps in our first team that are the result of the mess that those that run our club have got us into. Nevertheless you are correct in adopting a positive approach to our current predicament. We do need a siege mentality and I do hope we're going to be OK eventually. ;)  

3 minutes ago, eholm said:

Is this a genuine question? We know that ANY investment will not improve FFP so why us TX so eager to get external investment in.....simply because he does not have the money to fund the day to day run of the club in the short to medium term, let alone the long term. The guy is a charlatan with no cash if his own hence his necessity for financial assistance. He is also too stubborn. or too indebted to his current investors, to sell the club at a realistic price. Even SB questioned if TX has enough money or not!!

I don’t understand your reluctance to accept that TX is skint and that unless he gets some investment soon admin is a very real possibility.....unless of course he uses player sales monies to keep the Club running instead of complying with our FFP obligations. 

As stated, I'm trying to make sense of events only.

Yep, appreciate that Jareth. Surely, though, one event that is as clear as day is Bruce questioning the financial wealth of TX and then stating that players need to be sold to ‘keep the Club up and running AND comply with FFP’. For me, this is a crystal clear indication that we are indeed in financial peril....and that a swift resolution is desperately needed. 

9 minutes ago, eholm said:

Yep, appreciate that Jareth. Surely, though, one event that is as clear as day is Bruce questioning the financial wealth of TX and then stating that players need to be sold to ‘keep the Club up and running AND comply with FFP’. For me, this is a crystal clear indication that we are indeed in financial peril....and that a swift resolution is desperately needed. 

Just watched the Sky Sports video as thought I'd missed something going on what you say. Yeah, can't argue with what Bruce says, he appears to know as much as we do about Tony's plans. He has gone out and recorded that interview and the club interview with the intention of being brutally honest and the first thing he emphasises is meeting FFP - then later puts keeping the club up and running in the same basket. Not sure of the significance, but hopefully in time we will get a better understanding of the accounts and how far exactly we are away from FFP. If all is true about spending strands of future income on last season's promotion push then it is absolutely ringing true that we are well behind on FFP and have to make sacrifices to get back on track. I asked once if the club was truly screwed financially then why have we not been punished yet by FFP authorities who monitor accounts in advance of the season ending - I take it now that we probably will be done if we don't sell these players.

But that's all FFP, I'd say financial peril is the club spending more than it earns - only time will tell but clearly we are not going to have the same overheads by the close of the window as we had last season.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Just watched the Sky Sports video as thought I'd missed something going on what you say. Yeah, can't argue with what Bruce says, he appears to know as much as we do about Tony's plans. He has gone out and recorded that interview and the club interview with the intention of being brutally honest and the first thing he emphasises is meeting FFP - then later puts keeping the club up and running in the same basket. Not sure of the significance, but hopefully in time we will get a better understanding of the accounts and how far exactly we are away from FFP. If all is true about spending strands of future income on last season's promotion push then it is absolutely ringing true that we are well behind on FFP and have to make sacrifices to get back on track. I asked once if the club was truly screwed financially then why have we not been punished yet by FFP authorities who monitor accounts in advance of the season ending - I take it now that we probably will be done if we don't sell these players.

But that's all FFP, I'd say financial peril is the club spending more than it earns - only time will tell but clearly we are not going to have the same overheads by the close of the window as we had last season.

Some valid points there mate. Maybe one thing we can all agree on is that TX needs to sell up to, hopefully, a more effective and capable owner/s who will have the business acumen to run us effectively so that we are never in this position again. Time will tell....

1 minute ago, eholm said:

Some valid points there mate. Maybe one thing we can all agree on is that TX needs to sell up to, hopefully, a more effective and capable owner/s who will have the business acumen to run us effectively so that we are never in this position again. Time will tell....

I do agree on that - he's treading water at the moment. I'm not entirely against this plan, for now, as I fear for the sort of investor who would come in for a 'distressed' club - if Tony can make it work until the club gets investment or properly sold then it's about all he can expect to salvage from his time here (other than financially).

Â