Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

26 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

I'd factor this in. any debt Lerner created he payed back himself and it never adversely affected the club. We have no idea where and how Xia's debt has been borrowed from and the T&C's involved. For me, I always think Lerner cared. he just had too much going on elsewhere and should have sold us 4 years earlier. He left us without debt (apart from the overdraft) I'm not yet convinced (if ever) Xia actually cares that much.

I think he is just flapping about his reputation back home in China. 

4 hours ago, TheEgo said:

I'm not yet convinced (if ever) Xia actually cares that much.

Course he doesn’t, the only thing he cares about is his reputation.

The reason he has been “hurting” so much since the playoffs is because everyone now knows he is a fraud. A fraud who risked the future of our club chasing a pot of gold to line his pockets with.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jim said:

Course he doesn’t, the only thing he cares about is his reputation.

The reason he has been “hurting” so much since the playoffs is because everyone now knows he is a fraud. A fraud who risked the future of our club chasing a pot of gold to line his pockets with.

"Everyone" ?

50 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't know why people are still debating the financial situation. WE ARE ****! It matters not if we are **** in the p****y, arse, ear or armpit because the end result is the same whichever way it is. 

What kind of sh*t are you into???:ph34r:

• Haha 2

I was more worried that he said the end result is the same whichever you go for. I haven’t met an armpit baby. Every day’s a school day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 22/06/2018 at 16:35, imavillan said:

Do you have a link to this? Which one of his companies was it? I would like to read this article.

I appreciate what you are saying but In my eyes the bloke is still a charlatan and has let us all down and big time at that. 

I read @TheEgo threads with much interest and for sure hope the bloke is nowhere near VP come the end of the year !!!!

Sorry, not to hand. I read it at work, but I’m fairly sure it was posted in here a few (or lots of) pages ago. Have a scroll and you’ll find it.

22 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

Sat in the airport waiting for my flight to Venezuala, I'm about 15 pages behind, and this thread is really really boring. Go enjoy your summers boys and girls, Tony (like Jack) is going nowhere.

Really not sure what to make of this. You’re flying to Venezuela? Are you creating some really clever and ironic comparison between the near collapse of the Venezuelan economy and our own dear club?

And when you reassure us Tony is “going nowhere” you mean he will stay in China? 

That’s what s lot of us are worried about

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

For me he is worse than Lerner, even in his darkest days he tried bringing cheap creativity with Fox and Almstadt etc.

Dr. Tony is offering nothing at all

Yup. Definitely worse than Lerner.

The obvious sign that he is full of shit is that he has literally disappeared. 

When things were good you couldn't keep him from tweeting constantly and being the prize in fan competitions. Now, doesn't even exist.  

Still baffles me that this guy could pass the tests / checks a new potential owner goes through.  If he's conned everyone then surely some of the blame lies with the league.

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

The old saying is 'no news is good news'. I'll take the silence as him working hard to sort stuff out - which is just as valid an assumption as those who think he's given up or doesn't care etc. 

Does anyone think that? You seem to have made that up. Even his biggest critics on here don't think he is just giving up his investment. We are concerned how he is going to fix it and the real reasons why he needs to. 

Not sure your made up criticism adds much.  

• Like 1

Returning to the owner, we know that that the club has laid people off, sacked the CEO, ended catering contracts, failed to pay bills on time, publicly announced struggles with meeting FFP, declared sizeable losses in the accounts. We know that the owner has taken steps to either facilitate a buy out or to let others take a stake in the club. We know that no one has done either of those things, to date. We know that the owner gambled on getting promoted, and lost. We know that costs are too high, income too low and the club is skint and the owner has vanished, and is probably not in a position to continue as the owner for much longer without wrecking the club completely. It’s all very Leeds.

“Ignore this lads, everything is going to be fine! It’s all in hand and there’s nothing to worry about. Honest”

37521A70-A7FB-427B-83B4-0CFD770C8506.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't know why people are still debating the financial situation. WE ARE ****! It matters not if we are **** in the p****y, arse, ear or armpit because the end result is the same whichever way it is. 

I'd recommend trying the mouth if that's what you've done so far. Told it's enjoyable

Â